R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   LRP X12 STOCK SPEC (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/376525-lrp-x12-stock-spec.html)

Finch wxm 03-04-2010 01:07 AM

LRP X12 STOCK SPEC

I wired my X12 up to my SPX Stock spec ESC lastnight.

All phase colours connected as per instructions. When i powered it up and tried the throttle for a second, Motor started smoking and no turnover.

Turned it off immediately. Realised the sensor cable was not connected !

Would this cause the motor to smoke ? Connected it up an re-powered and everythink seemed fine.

This is a brand new motor, will they not spin without sensor lead connected ?

Obviously alittle smoke is not a goo sign !

Never used a brushless system with sensor lead between ESC and Motor.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Davzone 03-04-2010 01:26 AM

A sensored motor will not run without a sensorcable.
My esc flashes red when sensorcable is missing and nothing happens with the motor.I don't know where the smoke came from but without a sensorcable the esc should not give any voltage or AMP's to the motor.
Don't your esc flashed or showed the error somehow?

Finch wxm 03-04-2010 04:30 AM

The speedo was red when i powered it up.

I can only assume that it wouldnt operated without this connected.

Maybe the motor is faulty, havent run it on the track yet so i cant say if there is anythink wrong with it or not.

msxmre 03-04-2010 05:29 AM

Has anyone run one of these motors with a Tekin RS Pro. If so did you insert the 0000 timing insert that you got with the motor to decrease the timing to -10 degrees or did you keep it as it came. What settings did you run the Tekin at.
Thanks in advance
Scotty.....

pawmadsen 03-04-2010 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by msxmre (Post 7089216)
Has anyone run one of these motors with a Tekin RS Pro. If so did you insert the 0000 timing insert that you got with the motor to decrease the timing to -10 degrees or did you keep it as it came. What settings did you run the Tekin at.
Thanks in advance
Scotty.....

i did run the X12 21.5T with a rs pro, and i did sure use the oooo insert to get less timing on the motor. and you still have to very careful with timing on the esc.. i fund that about 40-45 boost with a wide rpm range, 3000-20000... is best. very little turbo might be possible. watch temps.. :) good luck.

you can if you dare try out something like this
turbo 10
delay 0
boost 40-50
rpm 5300-20000
ramp 2

but always watch the temps..

Burney 03-04-2010 07:18 AM

if you run without sensor on a spx system it goes into brushed mode shorts out the motor and causes it to burn up inside. if it still works you have got away with it i learnt the hard way when i first got into tc racing and lost a brand new motor and istc speedo on my first go.

the nosram esc dont have a shut off function if you use it without a sensor wire so be very careful

msxmre 03-04-2010 08:09 AM

Thanks for your reply m8, i should have stated i was looking to see if anyone had used X12 13.5t with Tekin RS Pro.
Thanks again
Scotty............