Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wireing and Electronics Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Wireing and Electronics Question

I posted this in the rookie forum too but since no one seems to be reading it. What the best way to hold your electronics and wireing in place. I have a TC3 and though velcro on the esc and reciever would work but don't know. Any suggestions?

kall
Old 04-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Velco will work, however, if you crash hard enough the electronics might come off. Most people use double-sided tape, you can either purchase it at you LHS or a hardware store.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TC3er
Velco will work, however, if you crash hard enough the electronics might come off. Most people use double-sided tape, you can either purchase it at you LHS or a hardware store.
Yes, Use double sided Tape. Before you place take Denatured(sp?) Alcohol and Rub clean the area you want to put the double sided tape on. Rub Clean the esc w/ Alcohol and Place. It should Stay Put for a While. Also ShoeGooing it down works too.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Sweet thanks,

Tonight im gonna do my first practice run other than the street. After running into a curb once I decided to save it for the track. If I feel comfortable i may even race it although i may watch tonight

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Wireing and Electronics Question

Originally posted by Kall
I posted this in the rookie forum too but since no one seems to be reading it. What the best way to hold your electronics and wireing in place. I have a TC3 and though velcro on the esc and reciever would work but don't know. Any suggestions?

kall
Not a very patient person, I responded to your Rookie threat like ten minutes ago. To repeat:
"Velcro is nice if you plan to swap stuff out with other cars, which I sometimes have to do. Otherwise, double sided servo tape works really well, just make sure both surfaces are clean, like with rubbing alcohol. As for the wires, two way work best: 1) use zip ties to make them neat and out of the way. 2) wrap the wire (for the servo and ESC to the receiver) around a screwdriver really tightly, makes the wires nice and curly and organized."

Happy racing!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Initiate

I know what can i say I read your tip to thanks

Kall
Old 04-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

I personally buy extra Futaba plugs & pins from servocity and shorten my speed control, receiver, amg personnal it, receiver packs & servo wires to exact lenght that i want to keep it clean & less glitching. servocity sells those plugs & pins for 75 cents each.
I also uses double-sided servo tape. never shoo-goo them to the chassis.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

that would be good on a 12th scale to have as little wires as possible. on a 12th scale, what should you put your money into? I've ran stock sedan, and in that you spend on, well, motors(tuning), batteries, tires, lol, what is the main thing on 12th scale? Sorry for the off topic thing, it just now came to my mind.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I ran 12th scale for a little while and got tired of constantly tweaking the chassis so that it would drive straight. However, if you get the setup right, you're in buisness! Small, very efficient electronics is where all the money goes....I had a Mtroniks M3 ESC, Novak XXL reciever, and some Futaba servo. 4 cells is nice because of the extra room, but 6 cells is just a pain, there's just no room for everything!
Old 04-06-2004, 07:01 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by jeepnyy
I personally buy extra Futaba plugs & pins from servocity and shorten my speed control, receiver, amg personnal it, receiver packs & servo wires to exact lenght that i want to keep it clean & less glitching. servocity sells those plugs & pins for 75 cents each.
or just chop what you have already and resolder the shortened
lead back to the servo's PCB... 10 second job, probably quicker
than crimping 3 tiny pins... and 75c cheaper.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

but it doesnt look new