Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[{(Settings for TA0-4)}]

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default [{(Settings for TA0-4)}]

Let's have this thread for the settings for all tA0-4 chassis kit......
Old 12-23-2002, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default not really

these tao4's are not pure bred race machines the tao4 pros are good but there is only a certian amout you can tune them i run one but only indoor and it's fun not competitive. go out and get your self an Xray tc3 c4.1 yr4tc 414mII then you will be able to tune them. as for to4s just setemup for your track or what you think makes sense then use it thats the best sort of thing.(slippery serface softer tyers less camber more rear toe etc.)
Old 12-23-2002, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

fasterdanu,

What are you talking about. The ta04 can be very competitive. I agree that the sport version is not that great but a full option 04r is very worthy and has almost all the setting options as a 414m2.

stratus, Their is a whole thread on this chassis ask away and you will get the answers you need.

here is a pic of 1 of mine that is very race worthy and has beaten many tc3's and Losi's and so on.....
Attached Thumbnails [{(Settings for TA0-4)}]-pic-1.jpg  
Old 12-23-2002, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

another angle
Attached Thumbnails [{(Settings for TA0-4)}]-pic2.jpg  
Old 12-25-2002, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default .......

.......i have tc3 Xray 414m2replica and TAO4-R...... what i wanna to have is more setups for the car can't i?????fasterdanu????and thanks for ur support....kingzj.....and i wanna know is the car you shot izzit blue collection????and i am from singapore and my master said that singapore tracks are too small to let 414 to run and tao4 is a very sport and competitive car!!!........

Last edited by stratuskyo; 12-25-2002 at 02:01 AM.
Old 12-25-2002, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

I'll have to disagree with both sides.

The TA04R is a very competitive machine in the hands of the right driver. In singapore here, we've got ppl using 04Rs taking down all the top of the line cars (like all versions of xrays, 414ms, tb evos, TC3s, MR4s et cetera. You name it, it's lost to the TA04R). Purebred race machine or not, apart from the equipment you've got to consider 2 other factors: Driver Capability, Driver's Setting Capability. That 04R driver happens to be so darn good

On the other hand, why can't the 414M run in small technical tracks? The ability to adjust the wheelbase on the 414M to make it even shorter than the 04S, Pros and Rs can prove to be an advantage (or in my book, a liability). The wider track width assists alot in the stability department. I have yet to try the new 04SS arms, so no comments there. stratuskyo, may I know who's your shifu?

Since you are located in singapore, have you been to a CCK race and check out the settings of the various people? I'm sure no one would stop you from looking/asking!
Old 12-25-2002, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Alvin,
You bring up a very good point of driver and setup. I run my car on a high bite carpet track and the stock 04r setup is very nice I had to change very little.
Old 12-25-2002, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Im selling a ta04 if any one wants to buy head over to for sale or australian forums to check it out or email me [email protected] for more details / pics
Old 12-25-2002, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: [{(Settings for TA0-4)}]

Originally posted by stratuskyo
Let's have this thread for the settings for all tA0-4 chassis kit......
What sort of track surfaces do you want to cover stratuskyo?? let us know what you want and lets see how we can help..

fasterdanu, You have obviously not seen the full potential of the 04R have you????
My 04R is now fully hopped up with every option available and as far as looks go, there is really not a lot of difference between it and the 414 apart from the alloy bulkheads!! I have more than once left the local TC3s, XXX-S and even an Xray T1 wondering what the hell is going on.... and they are no lesser drivers than I am. I have put a lot of hours into my 04 and I think its the best value for money race worthy car there is.
Not to forget that it was the winner of the Tamiya 3 hour endurance race which included TBs and 414X cars!!!

Steevo

Last edited by Steevo; 12-26-2002 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-26-2002, 09:42 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Re: [{(Settings for TA0-4)}]

Originally posted by Steevo
What sort of track surfaces do you want to cover stratuskyo?? let us know what you want and lets see how we can help..

fasterdanu, You have obviously not seen the full potential of the 04R have you????
My 04R is now fully hopped up with every option available and looks wise there is not a lot of difference between it and the 414 apart from the alloy bulkheads!! I have more than once left the local TC3s, XXX-S and even an Xray T1 wondering what the hell is going on....
What's your set up and what type of track/material are you running it in?
Old 12-26-2002, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello KINGZJ,

Where did you get that chassis?.What did you paid for it.Looking for one.My 04R needed a chassis.I had the other carbon lower chassis,didn't like it.Thanks ...
Old 12-26-2002, 02:43 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by chrisman
Hello KINGZJ,

Where did you get that chassis?.What did you paid for it.Looking for one.My 04R needed a chassis.I had the other carbon lower chassis,didn't like it.Thanks ...
Is that not the one that came in the kit, the one that is in KINGZJ's picture?
Old 12-26-2002, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Will post my setup tonight when I get home.... Track surface is a freshly done parking lot which is very smooth. Traction is better than average but is excellent when prepped with sugar water. Track surface temps are quite warm to hot due to the climate where I live. Circuit is fairly tight with turns of 90 degrees or sharper with short straights between. One main straight of average length.

Steevo
Old 12-26-2002, 02:52 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Steevo
Will post my setup tonight when I get home.... Track surface is a freshly done parking lot which is very smooth. Traction is better than average but is excellent when prepped with sugar water. Track surface temps are quite warm to hot due to the climate where I live. Circuit is fairly tight with turns of 90 degrees or sharper with short straights between. One main straight of average length.

Steevo
Thanks Steevo
Old 12-26-2002, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Heem,I think it came with the NSX 2002 04R kit.I had the first 04R.I like the car handling.Need more ops for it.Any idea on the light weight diffs part #?.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.