R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #31
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm very happy with the one for my TC5. Made the car much easier to balance using Li-Po's and fit & finish was top-notch
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #32
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
I'm very happy with the one for my TC5. Made the car much easier to balance using Li-Po's and fit & finish was top-notch
Same here, Mikes always on top of things and his work is top notch, can't go wrong.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:08 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looking at the t3 conversion. Can you still use the rear stiffening post with the exotek chasis?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:58 AM   #34
Tech Elite

I m also a happy Exotek user....pics as per this LINK Its the one for Tamiya 416X...tons of grip with this chassis...
Old 04-17-2010, 07:07 AM   #35
Tech Adept

They are just taking pre orders at the moement. The chassis won't ship until april 27. And yes I will be getting one.
Twin-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #36
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Old 04-18-2010, 07:15 AM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default exotek chassis for xray 009/t2r review

My exotek xr2 chassis arrived yesterday. The graphite is good quality and hole patterns are accurate, however, the fit and finish are not top notch.

The milling is good (although some of the edges along the chassis sides have some bumps (seems like the milling came from 2 sides and didn't meet exactly straight,)) but the real issue is the finish work on the holes. I have had numerous xray and tamiya graphite chassis', and the holes are always perfectly level without any burrs or roughness. The exotek chassis is a little rough around all of the milling areas and holes (maybe the bit was starting to get dull? Or this may be a function of the quasi weave graphite?) This is on all the holes in all of the graphite including the graphite battery positioners. It is similar to the holes in an xray fiberglass top deck that I have. In addition the bottom steering post hole is a touch too big. I had to use a small piece of electrical tape to make it snug.

The overall chassis idea is good and the battery placement and flex are good, but you are not getting the fit and finish of the xray or tamiya graphite chassis, and this was dissappointing in a $90 chassis, when the new xray chassis is the same price. It takes some finish work to get the chassis to how it should have been from exotek. In all, it took about 2 hours to prep the chassis including sanding and sealing, and install it on the car.

Do I recommend the chassis for xray tc cars? Overall yes, if you are replacing a broken or tweaked chassis (I had the us spec chassis which is too stiff for rubber on asphault.) The idea is good, and the flex seems good. If your chassis is ok both in condition and for the application, I would stick with your stock chassis. Just my impressions.
billjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:52 AM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I recently got the TC5 chassis with the carbon fibre LiPo holders instead of the alloy ones, my car with no additional weight the defiantly felt better balanced in comparison to the standard TC5 chassis' and it has more adjustments in it.
Straight away with running the Exotek chassis, my car had better traction and felt more planted on the ground. I run outdoor asphalt/rubber
Defiantly a worth while buy for anyone that runs a TC5
Old 05-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #39
Tech Adept

Well I received my chassis the other day. fit and finish is excellent. It was a very easy transfer with no modifications. The chassis corrected all of the issues the original T3 chassis has. Very impressed. Now I just need to find time to try it out.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default T3 chassis

Hi all..Tried the new T3 chassis..Very flexy..balances very well....Have to lighten the shockers as it has more flex than stock and add the alumin chassis posts in rear....Doesnt drag the egdes of the chassis any-more....Nice piece of work..
Seems to have more grip..
I like it..
Mike.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Kyle View Post
The chassis corrected all of the issues the original T3 chassis has.
Do tell, which issues?
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

So how thick is the exotek chassis for a tc5? I am running a foam chassis with the exo top plate seems to work great on rubber carpet
Chris [email protected]
Tha Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Skinny View Post
So how thick is the exotek chassis for a tc5? I am running a foam chassis with the exo top plate seems to work great on rubber carpet
The Exotek TC5 chassis is 2mm thick.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #44
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Do tell, which issues?
Holes drilled in the wrong place,(for the rear toe..now it is a true 3 degrees on both sides without any modifications) One of my bulkhead holes were off to so I had to enlarge it a bit.
Always had a twist right from new so it never sat flat, so my chassis was tweek all the time right from the beginning, and the chassis started to come apart under the motor. The XRay chassis is truly a POS. That's what happens when you try to save some money and buy cheap graphite.

Last edited by Twin-Kyle; 05-03-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:57 AM   #45
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon
Default exotek 416xl

hi guys, received mine a few days back and finished building it. everything fitted perfectely. but 3 issues got my attention:

1) when using the forward battery position the steering gets stuck half way. meaning that you can go 100% steering to one side and only approx. 80% to the other side as it gets stuck on the battery tape holder. (i am using the steel brackets). since the 416x has a more rearward batteryposition i decided to use the rear one with the exotek aswell and that is no problem then for the steering.

2) even with the most outer battery position the lipos dont clear the topdeck completely. this is a "huge" problem with the 416 itself as the newer lipos such as the lrp 5900 50C and the orion molek 45C for example wont fit in due to their height (25.1mm) and will rub slightly on the topdeck which limits flex and is therefore not useable. will see if i can get this thing sorted out.

3) the steel brackets when mounted are just a little bit too narrow for standard lipos such as the lrp 40c. therefore flex could be a problem as the lipos get stuck just a little bit.

cant wait to take the baby for a spin and see if the chassis improves traction and turn speed on the track.

cheers
vitomon is offline   Reply With Quote