R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Is there still a Team Brood?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/374830-there-still-team-brood.html)

ChrisHansen 02-26-2010 09:33 PM

Is there still a Team Brood??

What happend to Team Brood I dont see them anymore at my LHS or new products??

Owen RaCing 02-26-2010 09:49 PM

I'm pretty sure they went out of business.

Drillit 02-26-2010 11:49 PM

some of the boys from br00d are running at Hanger30 in WA....look up Hanger30 in the Northwest Racer section and ask them.........

Wes Briscoe 02-27-2010 08:23 AM

The whole idea of buying a brushless motor from a motor tuner is pretty silly when 95% of the power is made at the ESC now. I can even make older Velocity motors fast.

That's all I will say on that to someone who is just hiding behind a new/fake username to stir the pot a little for fun.

Jochim_18 02-27-2010 12:19 PM

Motor Tuning Does not apply with brushless Motor and thats a good thing. Man I remember when I was running brushed motor you work on the darn motor all day just to keep up to speed. I remember bringing crap load of staff like brushes, Different types of spring, Comm lathe, magnet zapper etc....

And now I only bring my car, few tool to wrench and setup my car... The best thing about brushless setup is they put the fun back into the hobby you get more track time. And not to mention this darn brushless motor can take an abuse....

sdunnmcp 02-27-2010 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe (Post 7064817)
The whole idea of buying a brushless motor from a motor tuner is pretty silly when 95% of the power is made at the ESC now. I can even make older Velocity motors fast.

That's all I will say on that to someone who is just hiding behind a new/fake username to stir the pot a little for fun.

What planet are you on. It is not "set it and forget it" like you think...

Steve Dunn

Wes Briscoe 02-28-2010 08:16 AM

And where did I say it was?

The business model of a company buying motors bulk from Trinity or whoever and reworking them is dead. The only thing you are getting buy purchasing a motor from a motor tuner is another level of quality control; which anyone can do themselves.

This is coming from someone who was a tuner. After going through hundreds of brushless motors I realized I could probably make more money if I opeened a Taco Bell franchise.

Never once did I imply it is a "set it and forget it" Brushless motors are still evolving, as are the controllers.

cherry2blost 02-28-2010 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe (Post 7068588)
And where did I say it was?

The business model of a company buying motors bulk from Trinity or whoever and reworking them is dead. The only thing you are getting buy purchasing a motor from a motor tuner is another level of quality control; which anyone can do themselves.

This is coming from someone who was a tuner. After going through hundreds of brushless motors I realized I could probably make more money if I opeened a Taco Bell franchise.

Never once did I imply it is a "set it and forget it" Brushless motors are still evolving, as are the controllers.

Now I have bought 'off the shelf' brushless 10.5's from Novak, SpeedPassion and Team Powers. All 3 are very very good, but I bought an Ion Pro 10.5 from Jeff at Fantom and it IS 'better' in real use. I can only assume that they buy wagon loads of these motors, zap the magnets and check them for consistency prior to sending them out but it 'feels' and 'drives' better? Am not a Fanboy but I do love my Ion lol.

Maybe I was just lucky but my buddy bought an Ion 2 from Fantom and it is equally as good, if not smoother than my one. So to say the Tuner is dead is probably a little previous but I would agree that they will need to have alternate product lines to make up for the loss of revenue seeing as we are only buying 1 or 2 motors each YEAR now instead of 1 a month for Brushed.

Just my Tuppence.

Owen RaCing 02-28-2010 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe (Post 7068588)

So Express, Scooter, Fantom are all dead? There is still quite a bit that can be juiced out from a brushless motor. Those are all Trinity based motors. Express motors are known to be faster then stock trinity motors. Its all about quality control, zapping, tighting winds, matching components, ECT. Not all modern tuners do these processes, but some do.

It's dead compared to back in the day with brushed. But to say its dead is a little crazy.

wikedgmc 02-28-2010 07:38 PM

to answer the original question, Team Brood is has been closed by Eddie's family until he is available to run it again.

Wild Cherry 02-28-2010 08:07 PM

Brushless Motor Tuning

*Carefully peel manufacture sticker off motor

*Clean motor can with alcohol

*Reapply new tuning company motor sticker

*Charge $15 more

Owen RaCing 02-28-2010 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry (Post 7071523)
Brushless Motor Tuning

*Carefully peel manufacture sticker off motor

*Clean motor can with alcohol

*Reapply new tuning company motor sticker

*Charge $15 more

Some companies thats true. Some its not. Some do not even charge more.

Wild Cherry 02-28-2010 08:15 PM

O sure .......(Not all):ha:

sides

you tune the motor with the ESC anyway now days

Owen RaCing 02-28-2010 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry (Post 7071574)
O sure .......(Not all):ha:

sides

you tune the motor with the ESC anyways now days

If you run stock :sneaky: Most mod people just set it and forget it.. :lol:

Then again, I dont see much need for tuning mod motors, except at the highest levels. Then those people get the best of the best motors anyway.

killswitch 02-28-2010 08:24 PM

Lots of crawlers still use brushed motors because of the extremely smooth bottom end when compared to brushless. Motor tuning isnt completely dead... more so on the racing side of the hobby, but not everywhere. Im still making money tuning brushed motors for guys that are into crawling.