R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-16-2002, 04:18 PM   #376
Tech Apprentice

Default HPI steering block

Hey guys

I saw on here that someone had a problem getting steering blocks for his HPI F1. I had the same problem too and I found, with very little work, that associated steering blocks and axles would work. Part # 8443 for the axles and part # 8441 for the blocks. First pull of your old block, then install a thin 1/8 washer and a 1/8 o ring as a spacer. Next, install the associated block and axle with the thick side up and reassemble as before. Works great. BTW I did not use the setscrews.
michael b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 04:08 PM   #377
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F

[/B]
Quote:
MikeF......gotcha......are the Tamiya foams still legal in TCS.....and where do you race a TCS series race????We use to have them in Texas...no more!i think we had some of the bigger turn outs...go figure......Tulsa use to have them also...dont know if they still do????I made a couple of those too
You know what, you guys are correct, the foams are NOT legal for TCS races, not sure what I was thinking. I'll have to keep a set so when I go to Cali I can be legal.

Myself and one of my buddies actual went to Tulsa 2 years ago to race, had a blast. Right behind WalGreens right. Looks like all of the racing this year is in the East and West, nothing MID South. I sent Fred an email, early this year trying to get a race here in Memphis but I was too late. I have to submit my request in OCT for the following year. I already talked to the LHS, HobbyTown USA, and he's all for it. We'll be submitting this year for next year to hold a race in Memphis.

The last TCS race we went to was in Kansas City. I had some serious conflict in the first 2 heats, I qualified in last place in the main and had to work my way up to 3rd and that's where I finished, not with my F-1 but my TB01 in GT2. I know it's a F-1 thread but you asked me about TCS, sorry.

This will be my first time racing F-1 in a TCS race, should be interesting.

For those who are interested, we, MidSouth Racing Association will be holding our 2nd Annual Beat the Heat Summer bash race in August. Tenative dates, August 17, and 18th. To be firmed up this weekend. We'll be racing F-1's. The class here in Memphis has taken off, we are at about 6 cars but there's more who haven't race them because of parts. We can easily be at 8=10 cars.

We'll also be racing, Stock (Novice 24 degree 27T), Expert Stock (24 degree 27T), Open class (Modified mmotors), Nitro and probably a Silver Can Touring Class.

Come down or email me for more information. [email protected]
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 06:59 PM   #378
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon Slayer

MikeF......dude, you slid that Beat the Heat promo in there sweet like......lol

I cant remember the last time i went to Tulsa......mustve been 3 years ago or so...guess i can go to the Tamiya result, if they go back that far.....

MikeF...so, you going to the TCS race in Cali?????If so.....get the "ticket" go to Japan, and win that Damn trophy.....
Dragon Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 02:11 PM   #379
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F

We'll try man. I Believe that SAT is a qualifier for the big race Sunday so we'll be qualifying that SAT.

As the current Director of the MidSouth Racing Association, I have to plug us in anytime I get a chance.

Should be fun
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 11:11 AM   #380
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default F201 parts

Hey, anybody here know a good place to find Tamiya F201 parts. In particular, I'm looking for the MF6-front stabilizer plate-part# 4315069. Both I and another guy both broke ours at the track yesterday. Forget about anybody that uses Great Plains as its main distributor, both Towerhobbies and my local shop HobbytownUSA use Great Plains, and the part isn't even on their list.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Darkseid; 06-24-2002 at 11:16 AM.
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 01:01 PM   #381
Tech Champion

Default Re: F201 parts

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
Hey, anybody here know a good place to find Tamiya F201 parts. In particular, I'm looking for the MF6-front stabilizer plate-part# 4315069. Both I and another guy both broke ours at the track yesterday. Forget about anybody that uses Great Plains as its main distributor, both Towerhobbies and my local shop HobbytownUSA use Great Plains, and the part isn't even on their list.

Thanks for any help.
Try Ebay... graphite ones on sale. also available are lightweight shafts,
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 02:21 PM   #382
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Darlsied, If ya cannot get the one you want on ebay, try Les @ mdiracing.com, he has special ordered a bunch of parts for me.

BTW, what is the concensus on the f201, are people racing them in the same class as the 103 cars ?. I was thinking on getting one.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 02:26 PM   #383
Regional Moderator

What effect does replacing the fiberglass plate with a graphite one have? Wont it cause the front to push more, since its stiffer than the stock plate.
Old 06-24-2002, 02:29 PM   #384
Tech Champion

stiffer... just like changing swaybars...
If you want other option parts visit : http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html

they have tons of option parts for the F201 just do a search for F201.
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 03:31 PM   #385
Tech Master

spooky

They pretty much drive like a sedan. The long wheelbase and lousy kit tires make it handle more realistically. My only complaint about it is the wear front lower arms. They snap where the screws for the stabilizer plate go through.
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 04:30 PM   #386
Tech Regular

I'm racing my F103 against associateds and corallys (and beating some of them ) in the mod Pro-10 class. I've tried the Tamiya foams and they don't seem to have enough grip on unprepared parking lot tracks, which tires work? I know that the tamiya wheels are smaller than standard so most foams won't fit on them but I have found that some UFRA tires do (if you are lucky and find a set with small holes).
Anyone have any idea on gearing for a 13X2 (fine tooth gears an a 104 tooth spur gear), I managed to get my motor nice and warm last week.
Thanks
LouisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 05:36 AM   #387
Tech Addict

On unprepared sufaces the softer the better. Softest ones are TRC platinium, corally yellow or corally goldstar soft. Greens or pinks will also work if its not too dusty. Use a harder front than rear. To get pancar tyres to fit. Try to get the f103L rims. They are larger than the standard ones. If not try stretching 1/12 donuts over your F1 rims.

Last edited by Jimmyd; 06-27-2002 at 05:38 AM.
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 11:33 AM   #388
Tech Regular

My LHS can't get wheels for the f103 (any version ) but I would like to know where I could order some f103L rims from, It's so frustrating when you can't get a good set-up cos you don't have the tires
LouisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 11:43 AM   #389
Tech Master

LouisB

I have had pretty good success with Tamiya HBR soft tires all around on my Pro-10 F103. It could be better, but it has enough steering with that combo. I find that pink rear/green front works best, though on the track I race at.

As far as gearing goes, I run around 5.5:1 with a 14X2. You really should gear for your track rather than using my gearing. Try this... Squash the throttle on the back straight and watch where your speed tops off. If you top off in the middle of the back straight, go up a tooth on your pinion gear. Keep doing that until you top off just as you let off into the turn. If you are topping off at the end of the back straight now, go one tooth smaller until you top off just at the end of the back straight. Then tune for runtime. That should get you good results.
Old 06-27-2002, 11:50 AM   #390
Tech Master

Try www.mdiracing.com Les should be able to get you rims for your car. You can also use Cross Fireforce rims on the F103. I know those are readily available. Schumacher is importing Cross, so your LHS should easily be able to get them. Don't cut your tires down, just true them and bevel the edges. You want them to be as big of diameter as you can get to compete with the rollout of the "true" Pro-10 cars.