R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-13-2002, 11:32 PM   #346
Tech Rookie

Default Corally pushing way tooo much

I need help with my Corally F-1 (graphite). I pushes way too much.. In order to make any turns, I have to let go of the throttle completely. If I add any throttle at all the car will make wide turns.

I am running the car on treated asphalt. With just about the same setup as the other Corally drivers.
Purple in front, green in rear. Two washers on the bottom, one on top of the steering block. With the #2 caster shim. About 4mm ride height front and back. Extra thick grease in the damper. I am also using the center shock with 40wt and the black spring.
salrusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 08:29 AM   #347
Tech Regular

maybe you could try a softer front tire or softer front suspension. i have a crc f1 so dont know much about the corally. you should ask some of the better drivers with corallys what settup they run and just copy it.
ausracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 10:18 AM   #348
Tech Master

Default Re: Corally pushing way tooo much

Sal

The guys that are running them here are using greens all around. Seems a bit soft up front to me, but it might be worth a try. I'm actually fighting a similar problem on my F103. I don't have enough turn out. I plan to try pink rear/green front this weekend and see if it helps. I have a feeling I will have way too much steering, though. You might also try greys or whites in back to get some steering from the backend like we do on carpet. I'll let you know how things go for me on Sunday.
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 10:28 PM   #349
Tech Rookie

Thanks

I'm going to try a softer tire in the front. I know the greens will wear out fast, from experience with my oval. I'm also going to magenta.
For the rear I'm going to stick with greens. Greys are hard to find at times (need them for carpet), and pinks just don't work right.

Psycho

You need to come up here on a F1 weekend
Old 05-14-2002, 10:42 PM   #350
Tech Addict

salrusso
Magenta might not give much improvement over the purples. Try using green all round or green rear pink front if the green front wears too fast. My corally also had some push at first but I found removing the central damper noticeably improved the steering. Too much toe out or steering ackerman could also cause car to push in the middle and exit of the corner. This could be the case with your setup if you are using tamiya style servo saver and ball joints. Try reverting to the corally style centre point steering and run it with no toe or a slight toe in and see if it helps.
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 10:45 AM   #351
Tech Master

salrusso

I haven't had any time to get out there. We'll definitely be out there when carpet season comes around again, but there's enough racing within 10 miles of me to keep my wife sufficiently pissed off as it is! Are you guys running Tamiya F201's there? We're starting a provional class on Sunday to see what the turnout is like. We ran them at Sheldon's on Saturday and they were pretty fun. They look sweet on the track!
Old 05-15-2002, 12:38 PM   #352
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

psycho

If I can get away from the wife and baby... I will join at Castle.
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 02:07 PM   #353
Tech Master

Aw. not you too! No one-ways, though. I busted up my car pretty well at Sheldons on Sat. I basically tore the right front corner off the car. When I was replacing the arms last night, I discovered that I cracked the front bulkhead where the upper arm attaches in the wreck too. Hopefully the ca will hold! It should be a fun class this Sunday, though. Hopefully we'll see you out there.
Old 05-15-2002, 02:20 PM   #354
Tech Champion

ok. ok...no front oneways... does castle have replacement parts already? arms etc.? I may have to leave my baby and my wife at the great-mall with some $$$. I think that's fair ... they go shop, I go racing....
Old 05-15-2002, 03:29 PM   #355
Tech Master

They had tires and rims earlier in the week. I ordered 4 sets of upper and lower arms from Tamiya to be on the safe side! Good call on the Great Mall. Sounds fair to me!
Old 05-15-2002, 10:36 PM   #356
Tech Rookie

Psyco,

They're still deciding on what to do. I was told the 201 could not keep up with the two wheel drive models. Also the tires did not last very long. With the fixed gearing and other limitations. They might have a spec class, 19t, with spec batteries. Depends on the upcomming tires by Ride.
Old 05-16-2002, 10:21 AM   #357
Tech Master

salrusso

If you guys run the F201 with 19T motors and run the pan-car F1's with stock motors, I think it would make for some interesting racing. After I broke my F201 last Sat, I raced my F103 in the main with the F201's. I easily blew by them in the straightaway, but I was no match for them in the turns. I think this is mostly due to the relatively low traction at Sheldon's and that nearly every turn is off camber. It was pretty interesting to see the differences on the track.
Old 05-27-2002, 06:15 PM   #358
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi guys...need help wif gearing...wats the ideal gearing(spur/pinion combo) for a 11x3 and a 17x4...for a technical track setup, wif only one straight...thanx
ozone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 08:49 AM   #359
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by ozone
hi guys...need help wif gearing...wats the ideal gearing(spur/pinion combo) for a 11x3 and a 17x4...for a technical track setup, wif only one straight...thanx
If you don't have the adjustable motor mount... gearing is fixed.
Old 05-28-2002, 09:35 AM   #360
Regional Moderator

On Sunday, I ran my F201 with a Cameleon agaist my buddy and his regular F1 with a 540 motor. The cars were dead even on the track with mine having a very slight advantage on the straight. But his better tires(Cross kit tires) evened things out as we came off the straight. I didn't actually race with the car agaist the other F1 cars, but in practice the cars were dead on agaist each other. Pretty fun stuff.

I'm actually considering selling that really hopped up F103 of mine.