R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2002, 09:33 PM   #151
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Most of the online shops will get them for ya, but Les from mdiracing.com will find just about anything you can get for an F1 car.

I know he has the tamiya foams in stock. and thje tamiya rubber also.As for the Jaco's I am not sure. call him

<---- www.mdiracing.com
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 09:37 PM   #152
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

So, Psycho, what are your thoughts on the Cross ?

I ran mine on a Pan Car high banked oval yesterday, and it was a blast. geared up @ 23/75 for a tamiya black can, the car was ballistic never had to lift. I have been running 4mm ride and .5 offset on the rear, with the diffuser. The more I run it, the more I love it. BTW, I hit a car dead inthe track...tamiya... wide open... thought for sure I was gonna be finished... not a broken part....
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 01:49 AM   #153
Tech Regular

the track i race on is like a ruffed up concrete i suppose. it is not real ruff just not smooth. to tell you the truth i dont know what associated front and rear ends it has but i would guess 1/10 though i could be wrong. thanks for help on tires though more info would help. i would like to know more about the caps, can i buy just the rubber sleeve and put it on any foam tire, if so who makes it.
ausracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 12:21 PM   #154
Tech Master

spooky

I ran it for the first time yesterday and really liked the way it handles. I run with a P2KPro, so it was pretty unmanageable until I made some changes from the stock setup. Once I find the right setup, I think it will be awesome. I don't plan on running rubber tires unless conditions require it and I think it will be awesome on foams. It really handled nice on foams yesterday with virtually no grip.
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 12:28 PM   #155
Tech Master

ausracer

The car comes with RC10L parts, so that should be what you have unless it was converted to use 12th scale wheels. The rear hub will have 4 bolts if it is 10th scale. If it has 2 or 3 bolts, it is 12th scale. Either way, you should be able to get greens and greys for the rear and purple up front. Jaco used to make them and there should still be quite a bit available. TRC makes them as well and you can order Calandra Track Magnets from CRC. Corally uses the 10th scale wheels too, so you can use theirs as well. I'd try running the car with foams before trying to make caps. If you have access to a leaf blower, blow off the surface before racing and you should have decent results. If you can, spray some soda on the track with a bug sprayer. It will improve traction and washes off easily with water, so no one should give you a hard time about spraying.
Old 01-21-2002, 09:45 PM   #156
Tech Regular

thanks for the help psycho. the track is cleened with a broom before racing but i dont think the soda is too good an idea unless i told the guy who runs the track about it and he thought the bug sprayer was worth the cost. i will try the tires that are coming with the car before i do anything to them because they might work well after all. when using a cap does the foam tire act like an insert with rubber tires. like if i have a caped grey foam will this have more traction then a caped purple foam.
Old 01-21-2002, 10:13 PM   #157
Tech Regular

What kinda F1 cars do you guys drive?
Where do you get parts and such?
dugrant153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 11:00 AM   #158
Tech Regular

i am very new to rc f1's but the cars that i have seen have been the tamiya
hpi
cross
corally
crc(discontinued)
and a few less popular others plus converted pan cars. where i live the most popular car would have to be either the corally or the tamiya. for parts mdi racing seems to have lots of different chassis and bodys.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:20 PM   #159
Tech Master

ausracer

I don't run caps, but you are basically correct that it works like a sedan tire with an insert. You can true the foams to a camber angle before mounting the caps and you don't have to worry about balooning as much as you would a non-belted tire.

dugrant153

Try www.mdiracing.com and www.castlehobbies.com. Both carry parts for the Tamiya and Cross cars. Les at MDI is great at special ordering stuff that you have trouble finding, so email him if you don't find what you are looking for. You might also check www.ehobbies.com and www.towerhobbies.com for Tamiya stuff. Once in a while, they have esoteric stuff.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:27 PM   #160
Tech Apprentice

also try http://www.formula1-rc.com
TheNige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 03:15 PM   #161
Tech Master

Oh yeah. sorry about that TheNige.
Old 01-23-2002, 01:42 PM   #162
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F
Default Antenna

I have the F103 LM and got the bottom plate to run it in F-1,great car. I have a question about the antenna. One of my friends has a stell antenna that he raps the wire around. The kit that I got had the regular antenna tube that you thread the wire in. My question is, does anyone sell an antenna mount that fits underneath the body and the wire wraps around. Has anyone tried this, if so what did you use.

Thanks
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 01:51 PM   #163
Tech Apprentice

There is a Stealth Antenna article at http://www.formula1-rc.com/articles/StealthAntenna.asp
TheNige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 02:02 PM   #164
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F
Default TheNige

thanks. This is Team LowBucks.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 04:32 PM   #165
Tech Rookie

Default Re: F201

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike F
thanks. This is Team LowBucks.
Hey Mike, Whassssup!! Did you get that E-mail on the F201 kit number? I sent Tamiya an E-mail to see if that is true. No reply from them yet. Once your gear diff part comes in, try a 1 degree toe-in on your F1. I tested this past weekend with that, and it did great. I also have my steering rate at 80%. It is on fire!
I have been trying to find those Cross F1 tires. They should come in 3 compound and they a grooved just like the real F1 cars.
LowBucks Racing is offline   Reply With Quote