R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-16-2001, 06:35 AM   #136
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

k_bojar,

I have had mine for a month or so now and am really happy with it. The only item I have broken has been the front hinge pin support, get the aluminium one. I am waiting on mine. I think the plastic one would be OK... if you shim the pin more to the front, as they seem a little to short. Other upgrades I have are the Ti trailing links and the aluminium motor mount/heatsink. I put the carbon graphite F103 rear axel in also.

As far as setup goes, I have the heavy spring set in the front, and I put a touring car threaded shock on the back (HB threaded unit as they 25 bucks for two) and I still trying to find the correct dampening, but even as the car sits.. it is better then my 103, I just think it can be even better.

As far as overall durability. I run mine on a large parkinglot track with some concrete barriers and 1/8th scale Serpent vectors patrolling... Have hit the barriers, been hit by the Vectors.... and still kept on running (other then the friggen hinge pin mount). I will say though that I think the f103 is more durable, but it is understandable as it does not have the complex front end that the Cross car has.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 10:35 PM   #137
Tech Champion

k_bojar

Check out Xtreme R/C mag, they have a review of the car this month.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
Old 11-26-2001, 10:53 PM   #138
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to MdiRacing

Anyone looking for Cross F-1's? We have a few left...and we only just got them in stock again today! They are going fast w/limited supply at the moment. Check out our commercial forum here on R/C Tech. Thanks...
MdiRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 10:55 PM   #139
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to MdiRacing

Spooky: we got your front hinge pin aluminium bracket in today too. Also, our Bentley GTP fits on the Cross kit too! (see our website).
MdiRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 09:08 AM   #140
Tech Regular

hi i just bought a crc f-1 car on ebay and was wanting to know what options i have in wheel and tires. a guy i spoke to said to make sure i have rubber tires because foams are no good for the track. i was watching a guy race with foams and his car (i think a rc10 converted to f-1)was sliding a fair bit and he had purple in the rear and silver star in the front. the crc is coming with foams if foams really dont work could i put a rubber cap on these and if so what brand/type. or could i get wheels and rubber tires for my car.
at the track where i race tc you can race f-1 stock on 2wd night and f-1 540 on 4wd night or in 2wd novice. from what i have seen there are lots of people who race these cars 8 in 540 and the pointscore hasnt even started.
most cars are tamiya but i have heard everything except crc mentioned.
ausracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 09:22 AM   #141
Tech Champion

From what I understand, but I may be wrong, the CRC car was discontinued. But regardless, if your track allows, you can run rubber capped foams, as I think the CRC has associated syle diff and wheels. I think the racetech capped foams will fit, they are a little pricey though. I guess if you really want to run rubber, you may be able to convert to a Tamiya axel and diff setup.

http://www.bolink.com/racetech/accy.html
Old 01-19-2002, 09:22 AM   #142
Tech Champion

BTw.. good luck, you will have blast driving these type of cars
Old 01-19-2002, 01:42 PM   #143
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

Hey All,

I just bought a Cross F1 last weekend and I am going to start building this evening hopefully since it is snowing outside...and was just wondering if there are any hints, tips or things to watch for while constructing one of these...

Also, who makes foam tires for it...we are going to start an F1 class where I race and most people have Tamiya F1's so we settled on foams...any ideas????

Thanks in advance...
TigeRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 02:14 PM   #144
Tech Apprentice

TigeRyan: There are some good advice in the forums over at http://www.formula1-rc.com too. Check them out.
TheNige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 10:47 PM   #145
Tech Champion

Tige,

The easiest answer to the foam question, is that you can run pretty much any tires/Wheels on the Cross car that you can on the Tamiya.
Old 01-19-2002, 10:55 PM   #146
Tech Regular

yes i know the crc has been discontinued but it was good deal and i have seen there other cars go very well. the crc has an associated front and rear end. could someone recomend foam tires from what i said about the rc10. i have heard that people on this forum have been running purple on front is he running too hard a tire on the rear because his car didnt seem too bad and you could probably put it down to his driving style.
thanks for the help i have been interested in the speed and simplicity of these cars since i first saw one and cant wait to race.
ausracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 11:36 AM   #147
Tech Rookie

ausracer

about foam tires. It really depends on your track. You didn't mention if you race on carpet or asphalt. Also foam tires hook better than rubber, but require more maintance.

For starters try purple in front and green in the rear. This will be a good starting point for both types of tracks.
If you have too much traction try a harder compund, if you need more tracktion try a softer compund.
I'm not sure if your car runs 1/12 scale wheels. My Corally runs on 1/10 scale tires. On carpet I have purple in front and grey in rear. On asphalt I replace the grey for greens. And the car hooks.
I you decide to go with foams dont forget to use tire tracktion compound.
salrusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 02:20 PM   #148
Tech Apprentice

If you run on un-prepared asphalt foams will most likely NOT work. So use rubber tires or caps if that is what you are running on.
TheNige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 07:07 PM   #149
Tech Master

ausracer

Try Jaco purples up front and greys in back. I race with guys that run this combo on their cars and it works well on carpet and asphalt. You'll have to go easy if it's unprepared asphalt, though.
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 08:31 PM   #150
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

spooky, any good places online to order foams...the F1 class around here is just starting back up after years of being dead so parts are hard to come by right now....

Thanks
TigeRyan is offline   Reply With Quote