R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #31
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northern NSW Australia
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Clint
what are the specs on the BD???
interal resistance ect.
Steven
Casino Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #32
Tech Regular
 
Andy63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 398
Default

interesting thread!

All i know is that Advanced Black Diamond is ruling in Sweden(where it comes from) at the moment.





www.andrefossto.wordpress.com
__________________
www.andrefossto.wordpress.com|HOBBYWING |YOKOMO |HBracing |MIBOSPORT.COM |Reservdelsrc.com |Jockeli-Painting |
Andy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:13 PM   #33
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,802
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy63 View Post
interesting thread!

All i know is that Advanced Black Diamond is ruling in Sweden(where it comes from) at the moment.





www.andrefossto.wordpress.com

Good to hear BD is doing really well in another part of the world

Do you know if they have a website? could be lost in translation to english

And setup advice?



Alex
__________________
Team losi racing // v-dezign // black diamond
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:02 PM   #34
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.M.P View Post
Hi guys tonight I'll be putting the bd beside a tekin 203 in tc class 17.5 and 10.5 so I'll keep uses In the know.
im really hoping the BD puts up a good fight, but somehow I'm feeling the tekin will pull out meters on the BD down the straight.
captain stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:31 PM   #35
Tech Regular
 
P.I.M.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain stacker View Post
im really hoping the BD puts up a good fight, but somehow I'm feeling the tekin will pull out meters on the BD down the straight.
I hope so because I don't think they will give refunds if it slow.
__________________
Vbc wildfire D06
clinton livingstone
P.I.M.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #36
Tech Addict
 
Akudou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: KL
Posts: 749
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Is the BD capable of using sensorless motor?
Akudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:23 AM   #37
Tech Regular
 
P.I.M.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys tested the bd tonight only got to test it with 17.5 and at first it was a little slow aginst the tekins but with gearing change it was going great but was still missing the top end rip like the tekins but with a bit of motor timing middle hole on the duo1 it came alive the tekin could only just keep up but the tekins had nothing on the bottom end of the bd.I could not put the bd in my car as I was in need of parts so a friend pulled his tekin out and put the bd in his car and after racing he said he was not taking the bd out as it was shit hot and felt great.but I hope that the price comes down a bit as it dose cost a fair bit extra
__________________
Vbc wildfire D06
clinton livingstone
P.I.M.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:00 AM   #38
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,802
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.M.P View Post
Hi guys tested the bd tonight only got to test it with 17.5 and at first it was a little slow aginst the tekins but with gearing change it was going great but was still missing the top end rip like the tekins but with a bit of motor timing middle hole on the duo1 it came alive the tekin could only just keep up but the tekins had nothing on the bottom end of the bd.I could not put the bd in my car as I was in need of parts so a friend pulled his tekin out and put the bd in his car and after racing he said he was not taking the bd out as it was shit hot and felt great.but I hope that the price comes down a bit as it dose cost a fair bit extra

So ordering the BD was not a mistake then

Thanks for the feedback, would seem that it's reputation is correct hard to live without this ESC.

With the correct gearing and the right timing BD is a match for the Tekin 203.

just hope the software update comes soon!!!
__________________
Team losi racing // v-dezign // black diamond
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:00 AM   #39
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

I tested the BD and I wasn't that impressed. It missed top speed. The acceleration was the same as the Tekin.
The BD is easier to setup. Just mode 5 and play with the gearing. More it can't do on settings.
The Tekin has some work bud as you understand the Tekin, you now how to setup the speedo in acceleration and top speed.
I tried every gearing from heavy to light but the Tekin was faster.
Here is also a LRP SXX ss driver and also his speedo was faster.
A driver used the BD ad the ETS (Prototype) and he has now a Tekin. He told me that after he had the Tekin and tried some setups, that the Tekin was faster. I tried the BD later than he did.
I saw it first and I wasn't impressed. Acceleration was good bud no top speed.
I didn't have to use full turbo to bead it on the straight.

For the people that have a lot of money and don't want to spend a lot of time in finding a good set on small tracks the BD is good.
On the medium and larger tracks it comes to short on the SXX, Tekin and Mamba.

I raced against all these speedo's with my Tekin and acceleration is by all the same bud on top speed the Tekin is nr1 and after that the Mamba and SXX.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:10 AM   #40
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,067
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akudou View Post
Is the BD capable of using sensorless motor?
no
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #41
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
I tested the BD and I wasn't that impressed. It missed top speed. The acceleration was the same as the Tekin.
The BD is easier to setup. Just mode 5 and play with the gearing. More it can't do on settings.
The Tekin has some work bud as you understand the Tekin, you now how to setup the speedo in acceleration and top speed.
I tried every gearing from heavy to light but the Tekin was faster.
Here is also a LRP SXX ss driver and also his speedo was faster.
A driver used the BD ad the ETS (Prototype) and he has now a Tekin. He told me that after he had the Tekin and tried some setups, that the Tekin was faster. I tried the BD later than he did.
I saw it first and I wasn't impressed. Acceleration was good bud no top speed.
I didn't have to use full turbo to bead it on the straight.

For the people that have a lot of money and don't want to spend a lot of time in finding a good set on small tracks the BD is good.
On the medium and larger tracks it comes to short on the SXX, Tekin and Mamba.

I raced against all these speedo's with my Tekin and acceleration is by all the same bud on top speed the Tekin is nr1 and after that the Mamba and SXX.
I know that you've spent a lot of time with the Tekin. Where is the BD relative to the Tekin's firmware version? Closer to 180 or 189? If the BD is just one firmware upgrade away from becoming equivalent to the 203, then it doesn't really matter how it's running at the moment.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #42
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,564
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
I know that you've spent a lot of time with the Tekin. Where is the BD relative to the Tekin's firmware version? Closer to 180 or 189? If the BD is just one firmware upgrade away from becoming equivalent to the 203, then it doesn't really matter how it's running at the moment.
That may be true, but what if Tekin comes out with even newer firmware. To me, the speedos won't be equal or even near equal until the BD is user updatable. Sending a speedo in for a update is not the same as doing it yourself. We won't discuss the price difference either.

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #43
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
That may be true, but what if Tekin comes out with even newer firmware. To me, the speedos won't be equal or even near equal until the BD is user updatable. Sending a speedo in for a update is not the same as doing it yourself. We won't discuss the price difference either.

Steve
Agreed. A lot still remains to be seen. The biggest one up that BD could pull is having a track side configuration module/device (like other ESCs) so that you wouldn't have to drag a lap top to the track. If everything else were to become equal, that would be the BD's strongest selling point IMO.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #44
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,564
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
Agreed. A lot still remains to be seen. The biggest one up that BD could pull is having a track side configuration module/device (like other ESCs) so that you wouldn't have to drag a lap top to the track. If everything else were to become equal, that would be the BD's strongest selling point IMO.
Agreed. To me, a great speedo would be something like the Tekin with a digial programmer unit like what Speed Passion has. Not the stock programmer that the SP comes with but the 40.00 unit that they sell as a optional device. That would be the "ticket"

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #45
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

for what I have seen here ad the moment and as I hear the drivers around here, The BD is way to expensive.
Also that you can't update it your self is a problem bud the biggest problem is, is that it's not available out here or you must buy it over seas.

Yes I now how to setup the Tekin bud it isn't that hard.
And as Tekin comes with the things that they want, than you can setup ad home the profiles and you don't need a laptop on the track.
I use now the same setup on every track I drive indoor. I only change the gearing.

I looked ad the BD my self, bud when Tekin came with the V203 it was over.
The BD is to expensive for me and a lot of other drivers.
That is there biggest loss ad the moment.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin RS ESC sensored Jeff Cuffs Electric On-Road 23359 10-02-2016 06:57 AM
~~757Holeshot Garage Sale- T-Maxx, Sportwerks ST, BL, 19T, RC DVD, Charger~~ fav0re R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 08-07-2007 02:12 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:07 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net