R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default World GT setups for 10r5, genx10 and discussion

Well, i looked around pretty good and I didnt see a thread for World GT cars, so lets get it on. It seems to be coming on pretty hard in our area here in St louis for this type of racing. It is pretty low priced to get in and managable as far as cost goes. Lets hear what you have to say!

Josh Evans
kawirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
Tech Master

there are already crc genx10 and 10r5 threads.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There are many kits out there you forgot to mentions- Darkside-SpeedMerchant-Corally-DB10 -XRay- CEFX to name afew more. I Drive a Darkside.Maybe in a few months another new car may be produced- something I seen for many years as it was hanging in my garage for years after winning the ROAR on-road carpet B main at Minregg in 1999.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

It's a great class. It does deserve even more exposure than it gets. I get to race bullfrog this weekend as its part of the Florida state series. Great close racing. Cost effective. Great performing cars. What more you need.

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
Tech Elite

I can't make it this weekend. I'm still waiting for a part (booster of some type).
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
Tech Elite

bull you have pm

Old 02-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
there are already crc genx10 and 10r5 threads.
yes, i do realize that. i went several pages into it not to find anything about WGT. i saw the thread for CRC 10, but little else. i was meaning to leave out all those other cars, was really just after a little chat about WGT. Here at our track, one guy brought one in and now several other guys have them and it may really take off. i always loved 10th scale pan cars back in the late 80's and early 90's, they just died off for whatever reason. i am stoked about this revival myself. the one thing i dont like is the 1S lipo thing. i would just love to have just alittle more voltage to play with. the A123 battery would be sweet in one i think, i read somewhere on here from one of the aussies, that they use them, and they fit into the battery slot for a 4 cell, and get 6.6v. if i knew the batts they are using i would pick up a set for fun.

Josh Evans
Old 02-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #8
Tech Elite

I've been running the 1 cell lipo ever since they came out. It's simple and easy. Now with the new ESC it's alittle different. You either get the life battery from Trinity or get the boosters(tq cells or there is another company but I don't know the name).
Old 02-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #9
Tech Regular

no, i am not talking about the reciever battery, i am talking about the main battery. when i used to race these cars years ago, we used 6cell power. i dont really feel the need for a 2s lipo, but a Life battery that would fit into the battery slot providing 6.6v would be excellent. like i said, i read some aussies using them, they are cheap and good. dont hear that very often do you in this hobby.

Josh Evans
Old 02-18-2010, 05:22 PM   #10
Tech Elite

I've been racing since 1979. I meant the 1 cell lipo and the LIFE battery for the reciever pack. Everyone in the states or at least here in florida and the snowbirds all race WGT the same. It's a great class and with the new ESC it's gotten faster but still controllable.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

It's nice to see that there's interest in racing these cars - I tried driving one a few weeks ago, and found the car both fun and easy to drive. If we keep bringing them to local race tracks, there's a far better chance the class takes off after a little while. The key to building interest might be giving a few racers the opportunity to drive your car for a few laps; once they see firsthand how planted these cars are on virtually any surface, they might feel the need to own one.

Last edited by oeoeo327; 02-18-2010 at 07:20 PM.
oeoeo327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #12
Tech Elite

i let anyone that asks wheel my car as long as they want.. everyone comes away smiling...

Old 02-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #13
Tech Master

I race with Bullfrog and Tallyrc in our state series race. I run the r5 and the class continues to grow. For me, I am able to use my oval stuff, so it have saved me some money. Just wish it would pick up faster in the northern part of Florida.
rcgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgen View Post
I race with Bullfrog and Tallyrc in our state series race. I run the r5 and the class continues to grow. For me, I am able to use my oval stuff, so it have saved me some money. Just wish it would pick up faster in the northern part of Florida.
Same here in the Midwest but our indoor season is more than half over and it's outdoor dirt in April/May.

These actually helped me be faster in 1/12 too but WGT is more fun.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #15
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-question.html
Here is the thread I think you are looking for. It needs a wake up call. This class is so much fun I can't begin to explain it. VTA died and we started the WGT this year.
Me and one other guy picked up some cars and ran with the VTA till I let the 8 year old hot shoe drive mine in the main one sunday. Which he won by the way with my car.. lol.. Since then his dad bought him one and some others got in to the mix. Everyone likes the class. Really neat deal in my eyes. Tire wear like a rock on glass, basically none. Atleast at our track that is compared to many low traction.. Once someone drives these cars they will be hooked. I was and a few others her.. Like Arecee is.. See you sunday Arecee..