R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #91
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

I was having issues with the M-03 HD servo saver where the blue alloy part was hitting the two button head screws that hold the fiberglass camber piece to the front bulkheads. I ended up removing the two button head screws, beveling the fiberglass cross piece and used tapered head screws instead. problem solved.

Steering servo now installed and the lipo pack has been installed with black electrical tape and two small dabs of Shoe Goo. Next up is the ESC and receiver install, but that should be a breeze.

Last edited by SteveM; 10-02-2011 at 07:52 AM.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #92
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks for the ideas guys!! I just bought a Savox low profile servo and will install a Tamiya HD servo saver. And for the bumper I will stick on some of that high density foam.

But for a project I will see if I can mod the 3 racing M05 bumper to mount on the front bulkhead. http://www.3racing-parts.com/shop/ta...-90013965.html.
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #93
Tech Champion

I finished rigging my Xevo today and took her out for a quick spin just to check. The Swift body was a drop on fit with the rear body posts lining up perfectly and the front needing new holes drilled 20-25mm further forward from stock. Everything looks good and I'll give it a try next club race.

Last edited by SteveM; 10-02-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #94
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
I finished rigging my Xevo today and took her out for a quick spin just to check. The Swift body was a drop on fit with the rear body posts lining up perfectly and the front needing new holes drilled 20-25mm further forward from stock. Everything looks good and I'll give it a try next club race.
You're in for a real treat. The car is amazing once you get the rear droop right and find the right tires for your track surface. I had a lot of trouble with the Tamiya servo saver also and finally went back to a large Kimbrough servo saver. I had to space the servo up to get the steering arms level. I installed the servo on it's side----low profile servo.

Use the hardest springs you can find up front and a Tamiya neon yellow or red in the rear. It will turn inside most Tamiya Minis. With a 23 pinion and a good Silvercan, you can give the FF03s fits. A 24 pinion is just too tight.
Granpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #95
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granpa View Post
You're in for a real treat. The car is amazing once you get the rear droop right and find the right tires for your track surface. I had a lot of trouble with the Tamiya servo saver also and finally went back to a large Kimbrough servo saver. I had to space the servo up to get the steering arms level. I installed the servo on it's side----low profile servo.

Use the hardest springs you can find up front and a Tamiya neon yellow or red in the rear. It will turn inside most Tamiya Minis. With a 23 pinion and a good Silvercan, you can give the FF03s fits. A 24 pinion is just too tight.
Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to giving the Xevo a try. My pics actually show the wrong shocks as I mistakenly installed regular sedan shocks. I now have a set of the plastic CVA Super mini.

I took it for a spin with the sedan shocks and it seems to handlt just great. In know what tires work on my club's indoor carpet track so we'll see what happens in two weeks at the next club race.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #96
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to giving the Xevo a try. My pics actually show the wrong shocks as I mistakenly installed regular sedan shocks. I now have a set of the plastic CVA Super mini.

I took it for a spin with the sedan shocks and it seems to handlt just great. In know what tires work on my club's indoor carpet track so we'll see what happens in two weeks at the next club race.
I'm using the TRF sedan shocks on mine. Full length up front and 4mm of spacers inside to limit travel for the rear. I scrapped the rear droop adjustment stuff in the rear cause it developed too much slop after awhile. If the backend bounces, try adding wt. I put an oz in mine to stop the chatter.
Granpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #97
Tech Initiate

Help please.
I'm having some problems with my Xevo chassi. I am not able to mount it.
I had a M04L. So I bought a new ball diferential, the TA03 BALL DIFFERENTIAL OP267 wich is able to xevo chassi.
But i don't know what happen, the differential doens't stay at position.
see the pictures and if anybody have some idea what is wrong please help me.
please put the h t t p :// before the urls
img211.imageshack.us/img211/3073/p1090014m.jpg
img87.imageshack.us/img87/415/p1090017m.jpg
img214.imageshack.us/img214/8351/p1090012m.jpg
img40.imageshack.us/img40/9919/p1090011m.jpg
img141.imageshack.us/img141/163/p1090010m.jpg
img171.imageshack.us/img171/8631/p1090006mi.jpg
img34.imageshack.us/img34/9606/p1090003m.jpg
img28.imageshack.us/img28/43/p1090002mz.jpg
img42.imageshack.us/img42/937/p1090001m.jpg

thanks for all
sdrubow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #98
Tech Rookie

The kit you bought is made for M05 style diff, you may use 5x10 flanged bearing as the adapter for the larger 10x15 bearings.
pm me if you have anymore question.
Xevoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #99
Tech Rookie

does anyone know where to get reliable spares supplies for the xevo. All the sites seem to sell the kit but no spares
bobstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #100
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to Nemo racing

Quote:
does anyone know where to get reliable spares supplies for the xevo. All the sites seem to sell the kit but no spares
What kind of part you need?
Let me know may be i can help you out.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2011, 06:37 AM   #101
Tech Rookie

Just bought the xevo triumph but have seen they are a bit weak in places for indoor racing so probably will need a variety of those parts that break - perhaps someone can enlighten me as to what they are likely to be.

also after the original chariot chassis

Last edited by bobstyles; 03-06-2011 at 07:13 AM. Reason: spelling
bobstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #102
Tech Rookie

Default Xevo Mini

Hi Took my Mini finally built to what I wanted and totally whiiped all the M05 Mini's. Some of them were even running Sport tuned Tamiya motors. I made a divise to set the front droop with and what a difference it made. It went into corners with no problem - actually had to turn down my steering to about 60. Used very hard tyres up front and softer at the back Cannot wait to get my hands on a Evo Triumph.
robertvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #103
Tech Rookie

The original Chariot II is comming. And we are working on the US distrubtion channel too.
Xevoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #104
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xevoman View Post
The original Chariot II is comming. And we are working on the US distrubtion channel too.
Any updates? Would love to upgrade if there were some distribution in the US.

Does the new Triumph fit a full sized servo better? And also how good are the droop adjustment? Are the arms reverse compatible with Tamiya?
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:51 PM   #105
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Tomoyuki

Sorry to dig this old thread up. But i am about to receive a Xevo Chariot but its missing some parts here and there. Without an instruction manual. I am new to this M Chassis thing, so i was wondering if anyone can help me out with a scanned copy?

Thanks in advance.
Tomoyuki is offline   Reply With Quote