R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #76
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
As NT said in the story, we got ours direct, I dont think you'll be able to do that.

Not sure they're actually released yet anyway, ours were pre-production examples.
Hi Tony,
Just for everyone's info the Droop adjustors and the ISS Shocks mounts are out from Xevo. Same goes for the Version 2 Bulk heads for people who likes using M05 Diffs and of course like me using 3 Racing Spool for M05.
Anyone who are interested can drop me a PM or Email. I'm a Distributor for Xevo in Singapore but will try to work something out for any Mini Lovers as i am one too.
Kevin Aka Official
Official Racing International
e-mail: [email protected]
Official is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #77
Tech Apprentice

Is there any difference to the handling/performance of the Xevo chassis with the battery situated across the chassis left-right, as opposed to the front-rear configuration? I've always used my battery front-rear, but I've just got a 2nd Xevo kit, and I may try this one with the battery left-right to see if there is any difference at all.

The new kit came with the updated front bulkheads and 15x10mm flanged bearings. I don't like the Tamiya M05 balldiff (many problems with it experienced by myself & many others at my local club), and even though I do have a 3Racing spool that will fit, I wanted to use the Tamiya TA03 balldiff which is the best in my opinion, so I had to get a pair of 10x5mm flanged bearings to sit inside the larger bearings. Even then, I have had to use 1.8m of shims to try and stop the excessive side movement of the diff, as the bearings were moving too. Has anyone experienced the same thing, and does it affect performance at all?
Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #78
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

My Xevo chassis kit arrived today and I've been going over the instructions. I must say they are very poor and I've resorted to using a magnifying glass at times to see details. Thank goodness for the pics on RC-Mini otherwise i'd be SOL. I should be able to knock out a roller from the spares in my pit box. I'm likely to get a few curious onlookers at the next race. Should be fun.
SteveM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:58 AM   #79
Tech Adept

Do you have to run a low profile servo with this conversion kit??
Headling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:28 AM   #80
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headling View Post
Do you have to run a low profile servo with this conversion kit??
nope. you can run a standard servo but you would need vertical servo mounts (i.e. M03, TT01, TA05, etc) and mount the servo lying down on its flat side.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #81
Tech Champion

Default Xevo Tranny HELP!

I'm starting the build of my new Xevo kit and I'm having issues with the ball diff install. The two front bulkheads have a recess for the large 15x10 flanged bearings that were included . I can only assume these are installed from the inside and that they each need a 10x5 bearing placed inside them to support the diff outdrives. Nothing else makes sense and Lord knows the instructons are useless. Sort of a double diameter bearing.

My Tamiya ball diff fits inside, but there is too much left to right slop that it all isn't working right. What am I doing wrong?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #82
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Have the differential bearing holes been enlarged to accept an M05 ball differential? It looks like it from SpeedTech's post.
My Xevo kit has the same enlarged holes and if these bulkheads only accept the M-05 ball diff then that explains why I'm having so many issues trying to get the TA03 diff to fit properly.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #83
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granpa View Post
Some of the guys around here are putting a second flanged bearing within the bulkhead bearing to size it down for a TA03 ball diff. A team driver gave me a pair and it is a 5x10 flanged bearing. Seems to work well and hope it helps those wanting to use the 03 diff.
So, does using two 5x10 flanged bearings inside the 10x15 flanged kit supplied bearings solve the problem of fitting the TA03 ball diff?
Old 10-06-2010, 04:53 AM   #84
Tech Initiate

two 5x10 flanged bearing will work with the "old style" diff.
rcpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:42 AM   #85
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpinky View Post
two 5x10 flanged bearing will work with the "old style" diff.
Thanks.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #86
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
So, does using two 5x10 flanged bearings inside the 10x15 flanged kit supplied bearings solve the problem of fitting the TA03 ball diff?
That's exactly what I posted. I also did a couple of other mods. The outdrive slots were opened up to accomodate the plastic blades. Fuel tubing was cut so that there was some pressure on the end of the blades which made shimming the diff unnecessary. The fuel tubing was used in the out drives instead of o-rings or the red sponges from the TRF shocks.

Been running my car for a few months now and have been very pleased. I am going to remove the droop adjustment bits in the rear and go back to a link and adjust droop with limiters inside the shocks. More of a hassle, but a less complicated rear linkage.
Granpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #87
Tech Champion

Here's my build so far. The flanged 5x10 bearings helped, but the Manta Ray ball diff is still loose and has 3-4mm of side to side play.

Last edited by SteveM; 10-02-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:01 AM   #88
Tech Rookie

Hello. Sorry for my English. I wanted to ask you if you know how to tell a brushless motor in the picture. The EnRoute not do that. I'm building two twin-engined prototypes, one based on an M02 and a XEvo with my frame. Thanks.

i51.tinypic.com/2mrwoxf.png
alfettone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:17 AM   #89
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I just raced my x-evo locally and LOVED it. First time on carpet and only took 1 qualifier to get it right. Now its just working on my driving skills a bit, and servo. DO not buy a HITEC 77BB.

Does anybody know what kind of front bumper I can rig up? I may have bent the front "passenger side" bulkhead a very small bit. It did not effect the car at all, but made me realize that I need some protection.

And can I buy a bulkhead piece separate?

Thanks
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:15 AM   #90
Tech Rookie

Hi Tamak,

Just cut a piece of 2mm plastic(PE) to replace the FRP bumper. And find some thin self sticking high density foam from hardware store under the baby care section it is for wraping the corner of tables.

Thanks
Xevoman is offline   Reply With Quote