TC5/TC5R

Old 02-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default TC5/TC5R

Being new to electric on road, what is the difference bewteen the TC5 and the TC5R.
I am looking at both cars, and dont know if I should go with the TC5 and upgrade it to the TC5R.
If I went the TC5 route, what would the cost be for the upgrade to the TC5R <approx.of course>,or is it even worth upgrading to the TC5R

thanks
Old 02-17-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

The standard FT TC5 has been discontinued, the only cars currently being produced are the r and f versions for rubber and foam racing. Just buy an r car, it would cost too much to upgrade the FT to r. If you keep watch in the For Sale sections nice carpet ran TC5r's go for around $225-$250 used with spare parts.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:56 AM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Here is the difference:
TC5FT: 2.5mm chassis and standard top deck, plastic diffs, copper/gold springs(stiffer than 5R), 6deg caster blocks.

TC5R: thinner chassis and IFT top deck (more traction), Aluminum diff & slipper spool for front, Blue/silver springs(softer then FT), 4deg caster blocks.

I think that is it.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default TC5r/TC5F

Originally Posted by CL View Post
Here is the difference:
TC5FT: 2.5mm chassis and standard top deck, plastic diffs, copper/gold springs(stiffer than 5R), 6deg caster blocks.

TC5R: thinner chassis and IFT top deck (more traction), Aluminum diff & slipper spool for front, Blue/silver springs(softer then FT), 4deg caster blocks.

I think that is it.
Thats what I am looking for.
thanks