Wiki Posts
Search

Kited my car

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Suspended

Default Kited my car

Hey guys,

So yesterday, I was driving down the straight in 13.5 rubber and for some reason, it lost signal with the radio and drove through the retaining wall. I hadn't seen a motor fly out of a car until yesterday. Connected to the motor was the speedo. Im guessing it will be a couple hundred dollar fix. Anyways, the question I mean to ask is, anyone else have this problem of the car losing all connection with the radio?

Im using a tekin pro
Helios 2.4
Ko low profile
duo 1 13.5

Its been suggested that the module wasn't upgraded but it does have the nail polish on the circuit board.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

pics or it didn't happen.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default LOST CAR

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A STICKY FRIGER. MAY NEED TO GET IT REPLACED
Old 02-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Hey guys,

So yesterday, I was driving down the straight in 13.5 rubber and for some reason, it lost signal with the radio and drove through the retaining wall. I hadn't seen a motor fly out of a car until yesterday. Connected to the motor was the speedo. Im guessing it will be a couple hundred dollar fix. Anyways, the question I mean to ask is, anyone else have this problem of the car losing all connection with the radio?

Im using a tekin pro
Helios 2.4
Ko low profile
duo 1 13.5

Its been suggested that the module wasn't upgraded but it does have the nail polish on the circuit board.
I had the exact same thing happen this past Saturday Chris. I belive it is the 2.4 Ko receiver module. I had something similar happen in offroad last year. My car smashed square into the wall after going on a death run down the straight. Lucky there did not appear to be any serious damage. I sent the reciever in for repair and Robert replaced the board.

Im running

KO Low pro servo
Tekin RS Pro
LRP X12
KO UR 2,4
Old 02-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Hey guys,

Im using a tekin pro
Helios 2.4
Ko low profile
duo 1 13.5

Was it a Toyota?

All kidding aside; I would try a new reciever. I had a similar issue, but my car would just stop where ever it was and not move for about 3 seconds, or until it got hit.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What was the voltage like being supplied to the transmitter? Are your batteries too weak?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I actually witnessed the same thing about a month ago. The difference is he was using a 3PK. Which does not matter.

The issue ended up being, the wires had actually frayed or pulled out of the plug on the speedo from pulling it out of the receiver to adjust the Tekin. We spliced a servo extension on and got rid of the bad section and works great.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Lately ive been having the same problem. I'll have to take a closer look at the ESC cable. When I try to pull it out or put it back in it's very tight and i might of caused some damage on it.

Chris it could be worse, it could of happened at the birds.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Suspended

haha, ill see if I can get someone to take a picture of the retaining wall that I destroyed.

The batts are fine. Thunderpower 5000 40c

PM- everyone knows that I dont have a sticky finger

Nitro- it did happen at birds. It was practice and happened in the chicane luckily. Thought it was a fluke but I guess it wasn't.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jimbo Morris
pics or it didn't happen.
pt'd
Old 02-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ballsagna
pt'd
WTF is pt'd?
Old 02-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Chris this happened to me today here in Austin,Tx. I was on the back straight and lifted for the sweeper and the car had no steering and was full throttle hard in to the wall. Picked up the pieces and checked everything over and it looked good. Put in a new Futaba rx and it did it again at low speed(Thank God) so I pulled it and disconnected my personal transponder. Threw it on the track and never had another problem.

Now just need a new personal transponder. Check your transponder and see if it helps.

I was running:
MI4 lp
RS v203
Dou2 17.5
TP 5200 50c
4PK
Old 02-28-2010, 02:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It was my car that patterson was talking about. But anyway yea, it did the same thing you talked about just all of a sudden took off full steam ahead, jumped the pipe and had to watch a cornel marshall run after it. The problem is the Speedo plug in the reciever with constantly plugging in and out for changes, one of the wires broke.

After we found the problem it was kinda of funny. Even the annouccer was like" This is first time I have said this in a electric race, but we have a run away car!"
Old 02-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I had the same exact thing happen to me last year. My car ran into an actual concrete barrier, like you would see on the freeway. We have them at the end of our straight. Luckily, I only destroyed a bumper.

Anyway, I think mine was because of losing signal. After this happened, I took my radio and module apart and found that the antenna had come unplugged from the module. It was touching but, not actually plugged in and when you moved the radio around, would move the connection enough to loose signal. I have no idea how this happened.

The reason for the car taking off at full speed, I believe, was I calibrated everything wrong. I'm running the KO Helios with Spektrum Pro - First I calibrated the radio with the receiver with full brake on - this is correct but, after doing this I went to calibrate my Tekin and when you calibrate the Tekin with a KO Helios, you have to have the throttle set to reverse (when I calibrated the receiver, I had it set to normal). I changed the radio setting to reverse, calibrated the Tekin and went on about my business. With this setup - when the receiver looses signal, it tells the ESC to go full brake, except in this case full brake for the receiver was the opposite direction for the ESC, so it actually went full throttle..........straight into the barrier.

With the KO and Tekin - I do this - I know my ESC needs the radio throttle set at REVERSE, set this first. Then calibrate the RX with either full brake or neutral. Then calibrate the ESC normally.

Try this and with the car and radio in your hand (or on bench) and both turned on, cut the radio off to force the RX to go into failsafe mode, then check the ESC to make sure it is going into full brake. If it's set wrong, it will probably throttle full speed, so be ready to cut it off quickly.

This fixed my problem, hope it helps.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

i had this hassle as well on my Scythe with Spektrum Pro and a Tekin RS Pro.
Fortunately we where running in a parking lot so no walls.
Though it was my radio, then i tried a cap on my reciever and it hasnt happened again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.