Search

Reedy Race gonna happen?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King of B Main
lol....you still race? Last thing I heard Clint retired you too...lol
naaa, he retired after I outqualified him a couple of weeks ago....LMAO!
Old 04-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

This thread has somewhat dissolved into poop lol.

The reedy race at Speedworld was my favorite race I ever attended. Watching Hara, Marc R. and Masami have it out one last time on US soil was about as big of a deal to me as Winning the race and I dont know what can be more prestigious than that the 3 best in the world racing heads up in the last main.

I am in no way hating but, at this point I wouldn't worry too much about 200+ entries wherever it may be, its less than 2 months until the race and guys like me that were considering attending have backed out long ago simply because of the logistics of the situation.

I know there were factors that were beyond the organizers control but getting over 200 entries at a race that is less than 2 months out and not announced is going to be iffy in this economy. But again I hope I'm proved wrong.

Good luck to all that are going wherever it may be I'll be following online. Maybe next year I can make it back to Cali for the Reedy.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Good morning everyone,

I wanted to give everyone a bit of update. There will be an announcement tomorrow regarding the RR, It will happen on Memorial Day weekend.

More info tomorrow.

Scotty
it's tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB
The Reedy race did start in Northern California at Ripon Raceway in 1998 or 1999. Roseville does have a International airport called SMF and only 20 minutes from the last hosting track. O.K. Scotty WINS round 1, LOL.
That's a sucka's bet!!! Buy hey everyone (including their cronies) who went up against Iron Mike thought they had a chance as well but they got KNOCKED the F$^K OUT!!! I SMELL A FIGHT CLUB!!!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Everyone's patience is appreciated. An announcement will be made today.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That's what I'm talking about let's get going..
Old 04-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

OK it is time to let you know the basic info.

The 2010 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions will be held at Nor-Cal Hobbies in Union City, CA. The race will once again be held over Memorial Day weekend May 26 - 30.

Classes will be TC17.5, TC13.5, and Modified/Invitational. The Modified class will be run as it was last year; after four rounds of qualifying on Saturday the top 21 drivers will race the Invitational class on Sunday. The remaining drivers will be sorted into mains. There will be triple a-mains for all classes plus 4 rounds of qualifying.

There will be more details to come but the racers need this info to make plans. The track is located near three international airports and there are plenty of nice accommodations and restaurants in the local area. Plus, San Francisco is about 25 miles away. Driving from SoCal is a piece of cake.

This track is awesome! I has a chance to practice there before last year's Reedy Race and it is one of the best asphalt tracks in the country. It is smooth with good traction and forgiving boards.

More details will come soon but this will give you a basic idea of what is going on.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOt!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

AWESOME!!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:07 PM
The Evicerator

Thanks Rick Dog!

Look forward to racing up there with you again!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Hello everyone,

I want to give everyone the info regarding this years RR. I would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience during this difficult planning stage. We started working on this years RR during the summer last year. When we heard their was the chance to hold it at the Tamiya track, we began the process by sending the formal request to Tamiya Japan for permission, once we received the approval for that, then we started on all the other things needed to put on the event. As things started rolling, it became apparent that Parking would be the major concern to overcome. After working out all scenarios and options, we could not find a suitable option that would meet all the requirements needed, for example. City approval, other businesses in the area, parking for the school/church plus others concerns. We looked at all scenarios possible to make it happen, but we could not. So we looked at other venues to host the event. After looking at all the options that would be needed in a short time and to provide the best RR possible, Nor-Cal Hobbies was chosen to be the host of the 2010 Reedy Race of Champions.

This years RR will be organized and directed by Eric and Kevin the owners of Nor-Cal. They are very experienced in organizing events and they have a great staff and wonderful facility to ensure the best RR possible.

Unfortunately due to the time constraints and logistics of this years RR, I will not be able to produce the event. But I am confident in the ability of the Nor Cal crew that the RR will be a first class event and everyone will have an outstanding time.

Mike Reedy had a vision of this event and that vision will continue again this year at Nor-Cal hobbies.

Wishing you always the best.
Scotty
Old 04-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thanks, dinner on me rick
Old 04-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Cool, congrats to Kevin !
His Outdoor track is awesome sauce, tons of bite even without spray.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

WOOOOHOOOO. The H main is all mine sukas!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congradulations to Nor-Cal Hobbies. Well deserved and all the hard work you guys have done over the few years. Kevin, Eric and crew again congrats. Now all the bull $hit stops and let's go have fun and race.....

Last edited by YLLIB; 04-05-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.