Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fusion Batteries!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I race with John from Fusion about ever other weekend, he is a very cool guy and he LIVES for r/c racing. He is very busy these days, I am lucky if I can talk to him for more than a minute on the phone and I consider myself a friend.

You cannot believe the explosive growth of the company the last few months, John has been running wide open for weeks to get caught up on the orders AND at the same time he has been moving there facility to a larger space. Also, in between he has been making it to the big races to have some representation there.

Basically, what I am saying is everything is in the process of getting sorted out and the performance of the product speaks for itself.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Have you seen Office Space? I take it back, some are good with people but most engineers these days are laid off and bitter.
I saw it
Old 04-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

so the bottom line- do you recomend the batteries- taking the customer service expereince out of the equal for now.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Yeah, I would recommend them.

Customer service is obviously an important part of any business but I am sure this was just an accident on their part.

You can look at it this way, the batteries get you to the finish line first, not the customer service.

Last edited by barnacle; 04-02-2004 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Tech Initiate

I have had some experience with there batteries,back in jan I was in need of some new packs for mod oval.
Mod oval is without a doubt the fastest way to destroy cells,on flat carpet 50+amp discharge averages are the norm.
Since I couldnt get any Pole Position cells at the time I thought I would get five packs all from different matchers,I ended up getting five from four matchers.
I first called Fukuyama and talked to a great guy on the phone,sorry Im terrible with names but he was quite helpful and said he had two 430+ mid 1.17s I said great Ill take both.
I then emailed Pro Match where I got a reply from Erika stating they would try to get me some good runtime numbers but nothing certain so i ordered one it came [email protected]
I then ordered a SMC from Stormer it came 418 1.171
The last was from Fusion it came [email protected]
At first I was sceptical of the Fusion because the voltage was lower than the rest.
I have ran each of these packs with six and seven turn motors and the one that performs the best still is the Fusion with the Fukuyama packs very close,the smc&pro match packs are already practice packs.
I cycled all of them 3-30-04 for the first time since I bought them,I dont like to cycle packs,for one its one more cycle less I get on the track and for two I hate taking the time to do it.
The results are as follows
Fuyuyama#1 412-4.65-88IR
Fukuyama#2 419-4.66-86IR
Fusion 428-4.68-82IR
Pro Match 397-4.62-94IR
SMC 371-4.60-92IR
I know its immposible to compare numbers but these were all charged and discharged the same way and within a few cycles the same amount of times.
The best value was probably the Fukuyama,they were $10.00 less a pack.But the Fusion pack is still the best I have.
I recently got a email about 10% off special from Fusion so they are close to the same as others in price and there assembled.
Theres no doubt in my mind I will be getting batteries from Fusion the next time I need cells{wich will be soon} but I will not hesitate to buy Fukutama cells either.As for the other two who knows maybe I got some duds.
I guess what Im saying is whats it gonna hurt to try one,I will bet you wont regret it.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Guys the point is give them time to settle in and give them a chance. If you have a choice, try their stuff, it is really, really good and is as good or better than anything else out there you can buy. Plus, they're assembled...with finned heatsink bars...how cool is that??
Old 04-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

thanks for all the info
Old 04-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Fusion Batteries

Thanks for all the info, I didn't even have to post a question and it was answered! I'm glad the Fusion batteries are good quality. I am (keep fingers crossed) opening an indoor carpet oval/road course in my home town and was going to feature Fusion batteries for my rentals. I will have to contact them soon, before the doors open. If anyone has an "inside" with them, let me know, I'm trying to set up as many contacts as possible.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

As you have already learned I work at Fusion. If there is anything that you need that I can help with please let me know. While I am not the owner I speak with him every day. Yes we are very busy trying to get everything setup just the way we want it and at the same time we are still trying to produce batteries for all of our customers in a timely manner. Please let me know of any performance related problems or customer service issues @ [email protected] and we will see what can be done.

On another and seperate note lets talk about the heatsink and why it is there. If you think about how the cell generates heat during a cycle you will come the the realization that the heat from the center of the cell almost has no way of being released. The core of the cell is virtually wrapped up like a blanket. The best and only place to transfer heat away from the core is at the button and the center of the negative tab. We are not claiming that the heatsink improves cell performance but we are claiming the it helps to reduce the heat at the center (core) of the cell thereby improving cell cycle life. We want to keep the goo in the center of the cell from boiling. This is accomplished by pulling the heat away with the heatsink bar. Your batteries should last longer than equivalent cells everything else being equal. We kinda stole Ford Motor Company's motto .....
"Quality is Job One" .
Old 04-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

lol, can i get discounts if i bought the battery through you??
Old 04-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Techart27
lol, can i get discounts if i bought the battery through you??
Even if This was going to happen I would think he would want you to Pm him. I think Fusion Batteries Are Great. All i hear is Good Comments, I have Yet to hear a Negative comment About Fusions Batteries. WIsh best of Luck to Fusion and the Fusion Team

**EDIT** Typo sorry

Last edited by True R/C Racing; 04-06-2004 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Old 04-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

TYPing Error
Old 06-12-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i was gonna get a set to try, but apparently their "special process" makes them expensive to ship also....ha ha $8 to ship a damn battery? i thought it was a mistake at first but no, that's rediculous.