R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-01-2004, 11:49 PM   #31
Tech Master

Fusion used to assemble packs for anyone. For whatever reason they do not anymore, its still no excuse for bad customer service. Even tho he wasnt actually a customer he was a potential customer. And obviously negative impressions can spread easily with the internet these days.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:35 AM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

exactly AWOL.

keep us posted hogdaddy77
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 05:16 AM   #33
Tech Apprentice

I looked at Fusion as well when I was looking to pick up some new cells to try but I was on the bubble with purchasing them. Now I will not be buying any because of the way they do react. In business you have to be nice to the person with the money wanting your product not get upset when they ask questions. I contacted the matcher I bought my new cells from and they were helpful with all of my questions and that is who I want to deal with. Another large name matcher uses a different type of assembly style that is supposed to be good. You will see there topic on this board as well. I do think that Fusions assembly process is neat but I will not buy them because of the service.
Rob
dimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 05:55 AM   #34
Tech Master

Promatch now uses the same soldering technique, I'm very impressed with it , I ususally buy from them, never had any issues. I was cusious though about Fusion packs so I do have one Fusion pack, and its a lower end one 1.15's and it does indeed feel like my 1.16-1.17's as advertised. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another one seeing the performance of the one I have.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 06:17 AM   #35
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Something like that. This is why you don't let the engineer nerds run the company. No people skills.
Hey, I'm an engineer and have great people skills.

Aside from that, I agree, I do feel the situation was handled poorly.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:43 AM   #36
Tech Master

Ok guys here is the real story where assembly of packs is concerned. First we have never done assembly for individual customers other than making our product in the configuration that our customer asks for. We do however have an agreement with another matcher and we do assemble their cells at no charge. We simply do not sell our assembly to anyone at this time, our products excepted though. We would be more than happy to assemble your Fusion stuff in any configuration that you would like. If you feel that you did not get the customer service you require please call me (John or Judy) @ 954-227-1301 and give us a chance to try and set things right. We would like to think that we can make every customer happy. It is my goal not to have any unhappy customers. I fully understand how we got to this point and that was not my doing however I am fully confident that we can solve most any problems presented to us.

thanks,
John Malin
John Malin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:53 AM   #37
Tech Master

John,

I appreciate your eagerness to right the situation. I feel that maybe if you were the contact maybe the situation would have been a little different. However, there is no need to call because as you say your company does not provide the service I need. I do however hope that this is an isolated situation and no one else is treated this way.

Just to show no hard feelings I will tell you how to increase sales. Either have sales every month or lower your prices in general. People have not paid those prices since the Big T was king and they were the only ones that "spiked" batteries years ago. I have no doubt that your packs are good, but not many of us can afford to spend that much on batteries. For that much money we want batteries that will lap the field at a national event
Old 04-02-2004, 09:29 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
Hey, I'm an engineer and have great people skills.

Aside from that, I agree, I do feel the situation was handled poorly.
Have you seen Office Space? I take it back, some are good with people but most engineers these days are laid off and bitter.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:35 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
I still don't understand the attitudes these companies have towards their customers or potential customers. The customer is always right, even when they're wrong. If they're wrong, make up a story to get them off your back but don't leave a bad taste in their mouth.

They could have said "We're sorry, we don't offer this service at this time" "Yes, We did do this for one business but that was under a special agreement and I appologize for any inconvenience our policy may cause."

Something like that. This is why you don't let the engineer nerds run the company. No people skills.
AWOL...,
I agree with BEEB. If, the guy had just told the FUSION rep, he was a racer looking to possilby get some cells assembled by them and not added the smart-a#@ comment about it being "funny" that they would do it for a "Professional" matching company, He would've got a totally different response.

When are we going to consider the plight of others? FUSION BATTERIES is a brand new company. They're more than likely a small operation(which is probably why the guy got a tech on the phone) who's working extremely hard to produce and market to the public, the best possible product. They don't have time for people who want to "show them up" on the phone. If, you're serious about doing business with a company, then you should conduct yourself in a professional manner.

Yeah, the guy was a little harsh, but remember - "Cause and Effect". This guy could've been in the middle of matching or building 1000 packs, just to stop and get someone on the phone who wants to be his headache for the day.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:01 AM   #40
Tech Elite

I'll go a step further.
Here's an example of "poor customer service". Back in 2002, I was just starting out in R/C racing. I went the nitro route and also had a non-pull start engine. This set-up, of course, requires a starter box. I purchased an Ofna box and had questions about its features and charging functions. I called Ofna, as all good consumers do and got a tech on the phone. This guy talked to me like I was a total idiot. I even went on to tell the guy I was new to racing and wanted to make sure I was operating my $100 box, correctly. The guy's whole attitude was like: I'f you don't know how to operate it, you shouldn't have it. I was shocked and insulted! I couldn't believe my ears! This guy was "off the hook"! Maybe, he thought I was the JERKY BOYS or something-I don't know. I handled myself in a business-like manner and did not warrant that sort of treatment, nor did I try to "show the guy up" when I didn't get the answer I was looking for.

See the difference?

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 04-02-2004, 11:06 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Isn't Jeff Chaskin the owner of Fusion? I heard that he was a class act guy that always is happy to talk to everyone. I can't believe he acted that way.

Last edited by John Fontaine; 04-02-2004 at 11:16 AM.
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:46 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
Isn't Jeff Chaskin the owner of Fusion? I heard that he was a class act guy that always is happy to talk to everyone. I can't believe he acted that way.
Now John,
We're all asuming the story went as told. If, it did, maybe the guy was having a bad day. We're all human and even nerdy engineers have bad days, sometimes.

Furthermore, Tempest wasn't even a legitmate customer. He was trying to get a service that the company didn't provide to the public. He was told that in the beginning.

P.S. I'll see you at the Hobbytown Usa West Chester next week. I'm gonna start the outdoor season off right, this year!

Last edited by kewdawg; 04-02-2004 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:06 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by kewdawg

P.S. I'll see you at the Hobbytown Usa West Chester next week. I'm gonna start the outdoor season off right, this year!
Don't forget your transmitter!!
Old 04-02-2004, 12:44 PM   #44
Tech Master

kewdawg...

You people half-way read something and all of a sudden start making ASSumptions. We NEVER talked on the phone it was an email. Nothing said URGENT on the email that pulled him away at that very moment. As for it going the way I "said" those are the EXACT emails between both parties. Yes I even have the logged IP it came from not that it matters.

As for being told that in the beginning, I was told two different stories in two different emails over the span of 1.5 hours.

As for my lack of tact, well it could be taken the wrong way as some have read into it. When I say "funny", I usually don't mean that in a lowering of the brow and an angry reflection in my voice kind of way, but without verbal communication or body language it is hard to interpret what somone means in their statements.

I did apologize to Jeff in a following email if he took my comments in the wrong light, but I got no response from that as well.

I simply was not aware that the services were no longer being performed for other matchers or individuals.

Yes everyone has bad days as do I, but telling a potential customer, "communication terminated" is kind of harsh without good reason.

I just hope people are able to deal with someone like John Malin (sp?) that posted on here on Fusion's behalf instead of Jeff. John seems like a good individual to work with and I would have had no problems with him at all.

AWOL... I love office space that's a GREAT move LOL I like the guy that hasdn't been paid for years that they finally move into the basement and he finally blows up the building

Old 04-02-2004, 01:02 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Tempest...,
nowadays, there's no difference btwn. the phone and internet, as far as communication goes. although, I stand corrected on what you stated. Hey, maybe the guy was really being a d$#k! I don't know. I'm really questioning his attitude, now that you said, you did apologize and got no response from him!?!