R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-01-2004, 08:49 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Beeb

Quote:
Originally posted by sosidge
I don't think they supply NASA with batteries.

The claim is that NASA use the same soldering process to manufacture battery packs for their own projects.
Oh, lol

I guess I should do a little more research next time. Oh well.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 09:20 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I cannot speak for their batteries, but I know their customer service was less than desireable. I emailed them wanting to know what they'd charge for assembling "my cells" with their process. Which has to be better since it doesn't heat up the cells. They refused to do this at all for ANY price. They don't know me from adam whether I was a matcher, distributor, or what. I responded back saying that I know that at least one matcher does have his batteries assembled by their company because he actually advertises it.

I will include all the email conversations below and you decide... the matcher I referred to I will X out, but anyone who has been to the site knows who I'm talking about.

My initial email:
>>I was curious about what it would cost to get my batteries
>>assembled by your company. The two prices I am looking
>>for is 1. what would it cost to assemble them with your
>>battery bars and 2. what would it cost to assemble them
>>with my battery bars?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Michael

Response From Jeff at Fusion:
>>Sorry Michael we don't do either. We only sell our fully >>assembled product.

My second email:
>>That's funny I know you do it for XXXXXXXXXXXXX.
>>It's a shame he advertises for you and you deny that you >>performed the service for him.
>>thanks anyways

2nd Response from Jeff at Fusion:

>>There is nothing funny about it. We don't deny we have done >>it for XXXXXXXXXXXXX, we revel in it publicly as in RC Car >>Action April edition. We just don't do it for individual >>consumers. I'm a bit at loss however as to why that is your >>business. Communication terminated.

Now that you have read the two emails from Jeff... He seems to CONTRADICT himself between the two. In one he says he does not perform this service AT ALL. In the second email, he THEN says that he DOES do it for XXXXXXXX company. This does not seem like a good business practice to me.

My other question is... without knowing who I am why would they not even quote me a price... they could've said $20 a pack and at least they would've just been too high instead of shooting me down altogether. I have a case of batteries zapped and matched. There were about 20 packs of batteries we were looking at having Fusion assemble our packs.

I just don't like doing business with people that treat their potential customers like that. I can only imagine if you bought a pack and it had a bad cell. No telling what kind of customer service you'd get.

Just thought I'd let everyone know my experience.
I won't be dealing with them in ANY form any time soon.

Last edited by Tempest2000; 04-01-2004 at 09:36 AM.
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 09:46 AM   #18
Tech Master

HeY!!!

I like them just as much as i like my other packs from hurricane, i think they have a lil. more punch though the first 2-3 runs then hurricane, but after that though then they're even. i also like the bars that come w/ them. they're cool looking.
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 10:24 AM   #19
Tech Master

For those people readng this thread let me clarify a few things. First if you have a customer service issue speak with us and let us solve your problem. Second we do not do assembly for private individuals. So far we have only done assembly for one other matcher. We dont hide the fact that we do assembly for them. As far as if you were to get a bad cell....we stand behind everything we make. Send in your defective battery and we will get you a replacement. I happen to work at Fusion so I know exactly what I am talking about.
John Malin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 10:41 AM   #20
Tech Master

well John, if Jeff had simply said that to start with that would have been fine, but he did not.

As for a customer service issue, its hard to resolve it with you when Jeff at Fusion tells you "Communication Terminated"!!!!!

I am sorry if I offended him in any way, but there was NO call for responding in that manner when I was stating a FACT.

I just don't understand why someone would treat people that way.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:43 AM   #21
Tech Adept

Tempest2000

I can easily understand why they said they don't do it at all in the first response. It's easier to tell the consumer that it's not an option then to tell them they do it for one matcher/company only. They answered your question as it was asked.

If you had sent them an e-mail stating that you were a matcher/company and that you were interested in getting the service done, they probably would have given a different response.

His second response was a direct result of your e-mail to him. From his point of view you're just a consumer. Why should it be your business what they do with another company?

Basically I think you should have asked your initial question more fully, letting them know who you were and where you're coming from. I'm sure they would have been happy to talk to you about it in more detail if they knew more about you.

Just my .02
Old 04-01-2004, 10:47 AM   #22
Tech Master

If you had a company would you say "I'm a bit at loss however as to why that is your >>business. Communication terminated.

I don't care what the excuse that's bad business.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:48 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Tempest2000
I just don't understand why someone would treat people that way.
I think your response to him resulted in what you got. It sounded like you were calling him out, putting him down for not awknowledeging (sp?) what they do for someone else.

I'm not surprised one bit.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:49 AM   #24
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Tempest2000
If you had a company would you say "I'm a bit at loss however as to why that is your >>business. Communication terminated.

I don't care what the excuse that's bad business.
I agree with that. But I'm sure he felt good when he wrote it.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:50 AM   #25
Tech Master

Old 04-01-2004, 09:54 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Dayum, i started this thread yesterday and suddenly there are so many replies. I guess many people are familar with em but there seems to be alot of mixed emotions about these cells. Some of you say they are ok and dont look to buy more while others say that these packs provide more punch. Now im rethinkin if i should look in to buyin one .
Techart27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 10:43 PM   #27
Tech Master

I sometimes think to myself that this industry is a little bit spoiled in that they have a more direct channel of communication to the companies they buy from. Here you have a good product and a very unique process of assembly. Why in your mind do you feel they are required to share their technique with you? It is like asking Toyota to give Honda the responsibility of checking for quality control issues when it is not their job. This uniqueness is giving Fusion an edge with quality and substance that others do not have... Why donít you email Provetti and ask him to match and assemble that case of batteries.. HEHE maybe he will write nothing back and you can complain about him and his poor customer service skills.........
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 10:55 PM   #28
Tech Master

rangulo.... I think you need to read the posts again...

Who said anything about sharing their technique? I was asking how much it would cost to have my cells assembled. It is something they do at least for one company. I had no idea this wasn't something that anyone could request. Maybe if you actually read the posts, before commenting, you would understand what was going on.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:10 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

there is another company that assembles their batteries with a cold process....cant think of their name off hand..but will post it when the southern comfort wears off .
Does fusion give a military disount?
hogdaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 11:28 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I still don't understand the attitudes these companies have towards their customers or potential customers. The customer is always right, even when they're wrong. If they're wrong, make up a story to get them off your back but don't leave a bad taste in their mouth.

They could have said "We're sorry, we don't offer this service at this time" "Yes, We did do this for one business but that was under a special agreement and I appologize for any inconvenience our policy may cause."

Something like that. This is why you don't let the engineer nerds run the company. No people skills.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote