Like Tree486Likes

1/12 forum

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-13-2018, 02:04 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: 1/12 forum
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: IBxAnders
This is a place to share knowledge related to 1/12th scale racing. It is not to be used for conversations.

1/12th Scale Pan Car Kits:

Click links to go to manufacturer product page. If any are missing please add them!

Associated 12R6
https://www.teamassociated.com/cars_.../Factory_Team/ Jul 2017 release
DISCUSSION THREAD - Team Associated 12R6

Print Wikipost

Old 03-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

with the spektrum modules release, the receiver wire no longer needs to be long. What do you guys think about removing the upright antenna and rounting the wire on the inside of the car? I would think that the weight of that fiberglass antenna is quite a bit and at that height it would make a big difference.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default O'D wiring

Thanks,Ray, I'm flattered
I have some other detail shots if anybody is interested, and can give instructions on how to.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by theisgroup
with the spektrum modules release, the receiver wire no longer needs to be long. What do you guys think about removing the upright antenna and rounting the wire on the inside of the car? I would think that the weight of that fiberglass antenna is quite a bit and at that height it would make a big difference.
The rollover antenna is critical. I have seen newbies running 12th scale without them and when they traction roll -the car barrell rolls ever so quickly into the perimeter boards. Also-when they land on just the tops-they again slde forever and at high velocity.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I think you'd still want the fiberglass antenna there, even if the wire isn't on it. The antenna helps to put you back on your wheels if you get hacked or traction roll. I think this outweighs the minor decrease in weight and wind resistance.

-James
Old 03-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rayhuang
The rollover antenna is critical. I have seen newbies running 12th scale without them and when they traction roll -the car barrell rolls ever so quickly into the perimeter boards. Also-when they land on just the tops-they again slde forever and at high velocity.
That's so true! And with a rollover antenna the car usually lands on four wheels.

It got to be the fashion around here for a while to cut the rollover really short, like 2-3". I had to laugh every time one of those guys wound up upside down with the rollover acting as a kickstand!
Old 03-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

i am not actually looking at the weight of the antenna so much as teh weight that it contributes to rolling your car over. All that weight 10" heigh. I would think the car would be less likely to roll with out the antenna, then with it. The uprighting part is nice, but if the car rolls less with the weight closer to the ground, then woudl that not compensate for the up righting?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

I did shorten mine a couple of inches but that was so it would fit in my car easier
Old 03-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

James, are you coming out on Saturday?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

i guess, since I am new to the 1/12 thing, I just have not had the car on it's lid more then i can count on one hand. for the 4 month or soo that I have run it. the few time I am running it hard and it was about to roll, i was thinking without that antenna, the car would still have been planted.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by crimson eagle
James, are you coming out on Saturday?
Hey Chris,

I don't think i'll be making it out. I'm trying to get my bots ready for an event at the end of the month, so i've been spending every weekend in the shop. (Shameless plug, check out www.robolympics.net for event and ticket information )

Hopefully after the event and things calm down a bit i'll make it out for some carpet racing before the season is over. What's the hot cell for mod this week? I only have GP3300's, i'm soooo 3 months ago..

-James
Old 03-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

i am not actually looking at the weight of the antenna so much as teh weight that it contributes to rolling your car over. All that weight 10" heigh. I would think the car would be less likely to roll with out the antenna, then with it. The uprighting part is nice, but if the car rolls less with the weight closer to the ground, then woudl that not compensate for the up righting?
That's what the guys around here thought when they shortened thiers to a couple inches. It's not what I was thinking as I passed them when they were stuck upside down waiting for a turn marshall.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

James,

most of us are still running 3300's. I am running some stock these days though, my rev3 frankenstien car is dialed.

After this weekend there is a Wednesday and the two day comp and that's it for this season.

Chris
Old 03-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

with the Spek, I was able to cut the antennae tube down to almost the exact same height as the rollover . . . that's nice. . .
Old 03-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Honestly I'd love to get all antenna tubes, rollover or not off my cars....
Old 03-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Boomer
with the Spek, I was able to cut the antennae tube down to almost the exact same height as the rollover . . . that's nice. . .
You guys are the only ones I've ever seen who run a rollover and a seperate antenna tube...yer weird, man!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service