Like Tree486Likes

1/12 forum

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-13-2018, 02:04 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: 1/12 forum
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: IBxAnders
This is a place to share knowledge related to 1/12th scale racing. It is not to be used for conversations.

1/12th Scale Pan Car Kits:

Click links to go to manufacturer product page. If any are missing please add them!

Associated 12R6
https://www.teamassociated.com/cars_.../Factory_Team/ Jul 2017 release
DISCUSSION THREAD - Team Associated 12R6

Print Wikipost

Old 01-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by JohnB
I just got the Integy truer. It works great. From the searches I did on this site, everyone with the Integy seems please with them. I think Hudy is probably a little better, but at twice the cost. For personnal use the Integy is great.
Also, I got the adapter from RC4less.com. http://rc4less.safeshopper.com/5/210.htm?312 The one for 10th and 12th scale pan cars. Great adapter and fits all style of wheels good.
I didn't like the bit that comes with the Integy though. I put a Hudy Carbide bit in. Get a better looking finish.

take care
john
how did you mod it to fit the carbide cutter
Old 01-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

which integy truer did you get the 180 dollar one or the 140 dollar one?
Old 01-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got the manual one.
The Hudy bit is to thick. I ground it a little to fit in the Integy jaws. Also enlarged the opening in the jaws some. It doesn't take much. With the set screw in the jaws I can still use the stock bits if needed.

take care
john
Old 01-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by primusblowsgoat
Well i raced my l4 for the first time last sunday, and i really liked it so im gonna go ahead and get a tire truer, which will just about complete everything i need.

my question is does it really matter which one i get. i was looking on ebay and see some integy and cobra and rd logistics one at decent prices but they look cheesey compared to the hudys and that automatic ofna one.

will it really make a differnece to me? i wont be truing a whole ton of tires, but i want to not have to depend on someone having a truer at the track and making time to true my tires.

so what do you guys think, can i get away with a cheesy used one off ebay?
here is what my take is:

the integy one works great on 1/12th tire, but tends to bog a little when cutting 1/10 tires.

the ofna works great, but the guage for tire diameter is off and not very accurate.

the hudy is the hudy. it is acurate, you can rely on the guage on the cutting head one you zero it and it work and works.1/12, 1/10, 1/8 tires. it will cut them all. But they are expensive.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Like theisgroup said, Hudy is Hudy... it's the best out there. Tire truer is a tool, not an option part or upgrade. Spend the money on something nicer will last you longer. Practically all our 1/8th guys run Hudy exclusively, nothing else. We have club guys running Hudy truer (back then it was batched as Serpent truer) that are over 5 years old and still running strong and true, we have one that was dropped on the ground all the way from the hood of a big truck, and it's still running strong and true . Buying a truer is like buying a real nice top of the line radio. Spend the $ on a good one, take good care of it and it'll last you practically forever.

Dom
Old 01-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

James thanks for the help. I sent bud a E-mail last night. Does the RPM delrin piece go in the BRP part ? Thanks
Old 01-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by Chris Reilly
James thanks for the help. I sent bud a E-mail last night. Does the RPM delrin piece go in the BRP part ? Thanks
Yes, it replaces the black plastic ball that goes into the ball end on the stock parts.

-James
Old 01-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default POd/Shock

Need some help here.Just moved up from an old L3 to an L4.The L3 uses one of the old Delta shocks.The L4 uses the new VCS shock.Here's the problem.When I put the VCS on the chassis it causes the rear of the pod to angle down(droop?). On the older Delta shock car,the shock can be set so the pod stays flat(no droop?) If I adjust the length of the VCS shock so the pod stays flat,it doesn't extend enough to give me any angle to the pod.I can get forward motion(compress the shock),but nothing towards the rear.Is this normal? Should the pod always have some droop? Should it only be able to move forward but not rearward? In the most recent issue of rccar they have a picture of Masami's 12L/Yok.A hand is holding it in the air and the pod is flat.Any help is much appreciated. Hope I explained the problem clearly.Mario.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

To change the subject a little, I am getting everything ready for my car when it gets here. Where do you guys get your 1/12th foam tires? Everywhere that I have looked seems so expensive, much more so than 1/10th.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Guo Chean
if i dun pull ou the red wire will it causing any damages to my electronic? thanks
info from a older post, i did way back:

this works with the LRP Q-comp & Q2 and Novak GT7 .

removing the red wire was something i only had to do on older ESC's

i have a old TEKIN 2 channel rec. i took the AMB transponder wires out of the plug, then routed/cut 2 1/8" channels into the plastic plug. soldered my rec-pack wires onto the top of the gold pins then reinserted into the plug. basically the rec pk and x-ponder are using the same plug. i add a Novak switch for the rec-pk. when i turn the rec-pk....... the ESC, servo, x-pond, & Rec turn on.

if you don't use a personal X-ponder just plug the rec pk into the rec. however if you don't add a on/off switch to your rec pk your car will turn on.

i did not pull the red wire from the esc to the rec. the switch for my LRP & GT7 does not get used (AND SHOULD NOT) so i removed it completely. i mount mine in a 3-2 hump config on the t-bar like the Trinity drivers used to on the SwitchBlade cars. the CRC and SM non-t-bar racers run then usually in a 5-cell flat stick config behind the servo

4-cells power the motor

5-cell micro pk powers the 4 (ESC, SERVO, REC & X-POND) items, also steering is quicker due to increased voltage

weight i don't believe is much of a issue. where i race AMB shop x-ponders (huge for a 12th scale) are used at every race. My personal x-ponder and the 5-cell pk probably weight the same +or - a few grams

i charge mine after 2 heats on a Noval Mil Pro charger at 1 amp and have had no problems on a pack that is over 1 year old. the car was raced twice a week for 6+ monsth to top that

NOTE: on some ESCs, if you remove the red wire going into the REC from the ESC....then your 4-cell pk powers the ESC and Motor. you have to turn on your REC PK first then the ESC. reverse when shutting down.

Not all ESCs are the same when it comes down to receiving power from the REC when the red wire is left in. in this config you may end up draining some of your REC=PK into the motor..........not sure
Old 01-05-2005, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

Lotus1 _ Cut down the length of the ball cups on the shock to shorten it. I usually set them so the pod droops to just a little past level. That way when you set the ride height to level, you have some droop

SteveB - I usually get my tires from kthobbies.com, speedtechrc.com. I know they are both great and reasonable. I just found out about Allspeed, who advetises on RC Tech.

take care
john
Old 01-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default JR z3550 servo

I'm looking for a non-working 3550 servo for a part. I've lost a gear pin and I can't get it from JR.
Thanks for the help.
Jeff
Old 01-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by SteveB
To change the subject a little, I am getting everything ready for my car when it gets here. Where do you guys get your 1/12th foam tires? Everywhere that I have looked seems so expensive, much more so than 1/10th.
Try KT Hobbies. Kraig has the best prices.

http://www.kthobbies.com/~kthobbie/c...ml?id=nQZRUPXm
Old 01-05-2005, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default JohnB

Thanks for the reply.Just to be sure.I cut the ball cups so the pod droops a bit (rear lower than the front of it).When set at ride height with batts and motor it should settle flat.? This should then insure some rearward motion capability of the pod.Yes? Not having the car in front of me at the moment,I seem to remember trying this and the pod only having a small amount of rearward capability before the shock reaches maximum extension,is/does that seem correct?Thanks again,Mario.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, that sounds right. When I mean a little, right now I have maybe 1/16"-3/32" with the pod sitting level. Not very much. You can use it as a tuning tool. More droop on a bumpy track, less on smooth.
I guess you run the risk of the shock clip coming off if you take hard hit, but I'd rather have that pressure on the shock and not on the T-bar. Or just use a Silva shock and not worry about

take care
john

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service