1/12 forum

You're on Page 674 of 3092
Go to
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Crashby
    You don't mention what manufacture wheels you are trying to true and if you are having trouble with the front wheels or the rear wheels.

it says rear wheels. all foam brands dont fit. the arbor body itself rubs against the inside dome of the rim. so i have to put it backwards.

Quote:
    I have a question. Why would you want to true your tires for 1/12th scale at an angle?!? That is a 1/8th gas car process. Not a 1/12th scale process.

it gives u camber adjustment since there is no turnbuckle to turn. my truer has 0 to -2 degrees adjustable angle, if u want -1 degree camber at the rear than cut it to -1.
  • Thanks Crashby! I will take a look at that.
    Quote:
    Hey, Boomer!!

Welcome to the ranks of 1/12th!! Running for eight minutes is what it's all about although, I am not quite sure how they will like that transition from the banking to the infield there at SoCal.

About your traction rolling. Traction rolling starts with the front wheel catching an edge and is usually a phenomenon of carpet racing but will happen on asphalt tracks that have been sprayed a lot. Make sure that the edges on your front tires are rounded properly. Also check that the steering blocks do not have excessive wobble in them meaning that they are worn out. The right side may be worse than the left. You may also want to change to a stiffer front spring and more camber and caster. I keep adding camber until the tires wear flat. No coning. And probably the most important thing is ride height. You should be at 3.5 mm in the front and 3 mm in the rear measured at the rear pod. The lower you can run the car without scraping the outside edges of the chassis, the better. But that will make the "dip" at SoCal tricky.

Good luck!
  • Thanks Dave - will check this out.

Quote:
    Originally posted by Dave S
    Hi boomer,

I have run into this too. Try changing the front springs and make sure that there is no binding in the front end

hope that helps
  • Re: Re: 1/12 arbor
    Quote:
    Originally posted by fast-ho-cars
    i got my 3-bolt rear 1/12 arbor from Stormer Hobbies for my Cobra tire lathe. i presume you got the old 2-bolt arbors?
    What part number is that one? I got mine from towers and it only listed one 1/12 arbor. The other from Stormer https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c....pl?pn=COB8022 is listed for associated stealth. Is this the right one?
  • 1/12 arbor
    Quote:
    Originally posted by rcgen
    What part number is that one? I got mine from towers and it only listed one 1/12 arbor. The other from Stormer https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c....pl?pn=COB8022 is listed for associated stealth. Is this the right one?
    Look on eBay for "tire lathe adapter". I got the Integy 1/12 and 1/10 TC adapters in December. This one guy sells all the different sizes. Couldn't find the Hudy brand to match my lathe; but, the Integys are excellent.

http://stores.ebay.com/id=36625405&ssPageName=L2

Update...This store looks to be somewhat unstocked now; but, I would expect that to change after the holidays.
  • i can't find the setup that Vicky Blackstock ran on her L3 in stock 1/12 class at the U.S. Indoor Championships in cleveland? The Upgrades that she used also would be nice to know.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by HKlosi
    i can't find the setup that Vicky Blackstock ran on her L3 in stock 1/12 class at the U.S. Indoor Championships in cleveland? The Upgrades that she used also would be nice to know.
    Go to the PowerPush Website i think hey have it on the front page.
  • Well I went and bit the bullet today and bought a CRC 3.2.... Any tips from the CRC guys out there????
  • CRC
    Why don,t you try www.rcracechat.com and go to the 1/12th section to see if there is anything there.
  • slapmaster tools !!!!!
    Yo I have to give big big props to SLAPMASTER 6000!!!! The diff thrust bearing kit is off the hook!!!! I got done with all my 3 qualifers and my final heat ( took 1st) and the diff was like butter..... Trust me I TESTED THE CRAP out of it and it gets 2 thumbs up in my book!!!! worth every penny!!!!
  • Re: slapmaster tools !!!!!
    Quote:
    Originally posted by ALBERTO
    Yo I have to give big big props to SLAPMASTER 6000!!!! The diff thrust bearing kit is off the hook!!!! I got done with all my 3 qualifers and my final heat ( took 1st) and the diff was like butter..... Trust me I TESTED THE CRAP out of it and it gets 2 thumbs up in my book!!!! worth every penny!!!!
    I see that your trying not to hit the boards that much and finishing your heat's nice, now if you could just end up in the A main with the faster guy's then your on your way, keep up the good work big guy.
  • Re: Re: slapmaster tools !!!!!
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Ramyuras
    I see that your trying not to hit the boards that much and finishing your heat's nice, now if you could just end up in the A main with the faster guy's then your on your way, keep up the good work big guy.
    He was in the A main 1/12 stock.
  • Didn't he even win the A main today???
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by vtl1180ny
    Didn't he even win the A main today???
    Yup and Won the A Main.
  • Hi everyone,
    I'm getting my first 1/12 car too and am putting together the electrics for it. I'm looking to get some feedback on the parts I've selected.
    Fubata 2pl radio
    Fubata servo 3101
    Futaba crystals,speed control and receiver.
    I'm on a bit of a budget and have a pretty good deal worked on these, do they sound OK?
    Now on to the motor and batteries. Any suggestions for a newbie? Oh yea, a reasonably priced battery charger too?