1/12 forum

You're on Page 558 of 3092
Go to
  • Re: Re: avitar test sorry
    Quote:
    Originally posted by The Black Kat
    Avatar tests on this board always make me laugh

Jason: Did you make that CF brace on the front? Or does one come stock on the L4?

BTW: Are there any differences between the L3 front suspension and the L4?
    The front end parts are molded better, you have the option of 5 deg caster now, irs big ring axle, and I think it come wth ti turbuckles. Oh, and the cassis plate is a little different.

-Korey
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by protc3
    hey guys,check out the prototype of my 12L4.i have more pics on the BMI thread if you would like to see
    Looks very nice!!! I knew I was holding out getting a L4 chassis for some reason I'm still running a L3.
    I love the tape being recessed. That's a great idea. Let us know when they are available.

Black Kat. The only parts you need to convert to the L4 front end are 4651 (blocks), 4564 (brace), 4569 (hinge pin), and if you need set screws 3862.

take care
    john
  • I modified the front of mine to allow a transponder to be placed up there.
    See yellow arrow. The notch just to left is original location

• Quote:
    Originally posted by Fuzzy
    I have a question for all you 1/12 masters out there regarding the white spacers used in the dynamic strut suspension for Associated/CRC. The stock ones seem to wear pretty quickly. Is there something else offered that doesn't wear out so fast? Spacers made from a different material?
    IRS has a nylon washer that replaces the one supplied by Associated. Check their website http://www.teamirsrc.com/
  • here is the quad twelve stumper!
    I dont have the pics of the current chassis with the adjustable battery position.
    Its similar to the rug rats system except ours have more range of adjustment.

PLUSS NO BATTERY TAPE!

• Quote:
    Originally posted by protc3
    hey guys,check out the prototype of my 12L4.i have more pics on the BMI thread if you would like to see
    Jason I like it. Unfortunately I haven't had the oportunity to run my Pro4 chasis much.

Luis
  • I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS. ON A MOD 12TH SCALE DOES THE RECEIVER PACK TAKE OVER THE BEC OR IS IT THERE TO JUST SUPPORT THE BEC FROM THE SPEED CONTROL? WHEN USING A SEPERATE RECEIVER PACK DOES THE WIRE FROM THE SPEED CONTROL JUST PLUG IN THE SAME WAY AS WHEN A RECEIVER PACK IS NOT USE OR IS IT DIFFERENT?
  • Depends on the the ESC....

Some you can leave the red wire from the ESC plugged in and just use the RX pack to turn everything on, or some want you to pull the red wire and turn on both the ESC & Rx switches.

I have my best results in leaving the red wire connected and using the Rx pack to power both the Rx, ESC & servo.

It allow's the ESC to have a little more punch at the end of the run.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by speedxl
    here is the quad twelve stumper!
    I dont have the pics of the current chassis with the adjustable battery position.
    Its similar to the rug rats system except ours have more range of adjustment.

PLUSS NO BATTERY TAPE!
    Thanks for the pic but I really want to see the current chassis. I have the pictured chassis now but I'm thinking of building up a new car. Someone posted that the front end of the chassis had changed also - is that true?
  • Receiver packs
    The only warning I would offer when running a receiver pack is to know that in most cases you will now have two on/off switches. And as dumb as it sounds-I am sure many a cars electronics have been blown up by turning on the receiver pack switch-then someone else maybe trying to turn off your car after marshalling a dead car and flipping the wrong switch.

So my word of advice-put the original on/off switch for the ESC somewhere that is hard to find and make the on/off switch for the Receiver pack really obvious!!

Ray
  • THANKS GUYS. I HAVE A CYCLONE. WILL I NEED TO PULL OUT THE RED WIRE OR SHOULD I JUST LEAVE IT IN? AND HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS TRY USING A LITHIUM PACK AS A RECEIVER PACK?
  • HEY RAY, I RACE AT TRACK SIDE. I KNOW SHANE AND I MIGHT BE COMMING WITH SHANE TO THE HALLOWEEN CLASSIC THIS YEAR. I'M PRETTY EXCITED. HOPE FULLY I WILL SEE YOU GUYS THERE.
  • I used a cyclone with red left alone....

But, Ray is correct....

HIDE THE ESC POWER SWITCH!!!!!
  • reciever pack switch
    Somehow when you have two switches on your car the turn marshall will always find and use the wrong one. I just remove the esc switch so there's only one. I have noticed (after setting up several cars with both switches left in place) that turning them both on did not cause any damage. These were cars with Novak escs.
    O'D
  • hi, i am running a spec motor (mod later, when i am more used to 12th) and we run 8 min heats/finals.

i was just wondering if it was actually worth building an rx pack...if so would it be possible for someone to draw a diagram (just something simple like on paint) on how to wire it up...as thats the part where i get a bit confuzzled

in my G4 i run 5 AAA batts (rechargable) as thats the only ones you can fit in, would i be able to make up a pack the same as this and would it be ok for the 12th? or would i need 5 2/3 cells like most of you are running?

sorry for all the Qs, but i am new to 12th

thanks
    Matt