1/12 forum

You're on Page 2604 of 3092
Go to
  • what are the most popular bodies for small technical tracks?
  • Quote: what are the most popular bodies for small technical tracks?
    for more steering i like the parma speed8exp or the blackart(crc) R8

although lately i have been running the blackart R10 and like it too.
  • Quote: for more steering i like the parma speed8exp or the blackart(crc) R8

although lately i have been running the blackart R10 and like it too.
    I found on more technical stuff that the Bomb'R and Speed 8 had a lot more steering than the R8 which was better for higher speed layouts.
  • thanks! on what type of tracks do you use the AMR12 and BA005?

Is there any body that feels more neutral and easy to drive for a beginner?

Here is my track:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d4A7e1w9Xc
  • Quote: what are the most popular bodies for small technical tracks?
    I've written and detailed explanation about the most popular body's further back on this threat. For really twisty track's I think Black Art BA002 (R8C) and Black Art BA005 are really good!

Regards Robert
  • Quote: I've written and detailed explanation about the most popular body's further back on this threat. For really twisty track's I think Black Art BA002 (R8C) and Black Art BA005 are really good!

Regards Robert
    I'll try to find it, not easy in a 2600 pages thread
  • This one http://www.rctech.net/forum/10131024-post37479.html
  • Quote: This one http://www.rctech.net/forum/10131024-post37479.html
    awesome, thanks!

Robert, can you give us a feedback about the BA005? You said "you would come back on this one"
  • The Mohawk is a neutral feeling body with good lateral stability. I used it in stock and mod at the IIC and it was good but I think it made the front end of shorter wheelbase cars (my Gen-XL) light at speed because it doesn't have an aggressive front profile and the rear kickup is considerable... I just don't appreciate high speed push. To be honest, I think I will be running Bomb-R's for the forseeable future on my XL, but my Altered Ego is a longer wheelbase car so the Mohawk may be perfect for it.
  • How is the parma EE1 compared to crc or proto- bodies?
  • For a description from the mfg Blackart...

http://www.blackart-racing.eu/products.html

Quote:
    BA004 Bombīr
    Designed for the new bodyshell dimension rules of EFRA

the Bombīr have a little bit less steering than the R8c but way more downforce. The best choice for the European 10.5 stock class, also great for 13.5 when more downforce is needed.

Since on the market, the Bombīr wins all European Stock titles in a row.
    Quote:
    BA002 R8c
    The R8c is the ultimate choice for the 17.5 and 13.5 class. A lot of steering and a stable rear is the key for any stock class racing. Wins all major Stock races in USA since 2008.

Also a great asphalt body for 13.5 and Modified. The R8c won the last IFMAR Worlds on asphalt.
    Quote:
    BA005 Black Market -aka Mohawk-
    The killer body for Modified!

This body is great for higher speed 1:12th racing. Stable with precise steering. An excellent choice when a smooth cornering body is needed.
  • I have been using the Blitz p12 body for a few weeks now and i really like it,it is very stable and has alot of off power steering .
    It seems to be very poised in low speed corners but at the same time reacts quickly in high speed cornering with out feeling nervous or twitchy.
    Ive been running it in 10.5 blinky .
    http://www.team-titan.com.tw/b-60902_v2.html
  • Quote: I have been using the Blitz p12 body for a few weeks now and i really like it,it is very stable and has alot of off power steering .
    It seems to be very poised in low speed corners but at the same time reacts quickly in high speed cornering with out feeling nervous or twitchy.
    Ive been running it in 10.5 blinky .
    http://www.team-titan.com.tw/b-60902_v2.html
    How much roll out do you have in 10.5 blinky?

I would like to start with about 62mm roll out but have no idea what gearing I could use to achieve this

It's getting much clearer for the body choice, the BA004 - Bomb R sounds like the perfect body for 10.5 blinky but I'm wondering if it's as smooth to drive compared to a BA005 or AMR12. A body that provides massive downforce can also loose it more violently in slower sections, no? Doesn't the downforce make the car less predictable?
  • Quote: How much roll out do you have in 10.5 blinky?

I would like to start with about 62mm roll out but have no idea what gearing I could use to achieve this

It's getting much clearer for the body choice, the BA004 - Bomb R sounds like the perfect body for 10.5 blinky but I'm wondering if it's as smooth to drive compared to a BA005 or AMR12. A body that provides massive downforce can also loose it more violently in slower sections, no? Doesn't the downforce make the car less predictable?
    61.5mm roll out can be achieved with a 41 pinion, 88 spur and 42mm rear tires.

The formula is:

Diameter x 3.14 (pi) = Circumference
    42mm x 3.141 = 131.88mm

Spur gear size / Pinion size = Gear ratio
    88/42=2.095
    88/41=2.146

Circumference / Gear Ratio = Roll out
    131.88/2.095=62.95mm
    131.88/2.146=61.45mm

I run the Protoform AMR all the time. I run 13.5 Blinky or 13.5 Boosted (faster than 10.5 Blinky) depending on where I race.

I think bodies are only a really big deal in low power classes like 17.5 and 13.5 blinky. There you have to keep the car free from bogging as much as possible to maintain momentum so lower downforce bodies and synthetic tires help. If I ran 17.5 i'd run the black art R8C with Black F and Yellow R tires. This would work for 13.5 blinky on a very high traction track too.

In 13.5 Blinky or Boosted, 10.5 Blinky or Boosted and Mod you need more downforce to maintain traction in the corners at higher speeds and as you apply power exiting corners. High Rubber content tires (Magenta F/Pink R) help generate more traction to allow for the higher corner speeds and forward bite to put the power down. Efficiency is not an issue as the motors plenty of power and the batteries have plenty of run time.
  • Quote: 61.5mm roll out can be achieved with a 41 pinion, 88 spur and 42mm rear tires.

The formula is:

Diameter x 3.14 (pi) = Circumference
    42mm x 3.141 = 131.88mm

Spur gear size / Pinion size = Gear ratio
    88/42=2.095
    88/41=2.146

Circumference / Gear Ratio = Roll out
    131.88/2.095=62.95mm
    131.88/2.146=61.45mm

I run the Protoform AMR all the time. I run 13.5 Blinky or 13.5 Boosted (faster than 10.5 Blinky) depending on where I race.

I think bodies are only a really big deal in low power classes like 17.5 and 13.5 blinky. There you have to keep the car free from bogging as much as possible to maintain momentum so lower downforce bodies and synthetic tires help. If I ran 17.5 i'd run the black art R8C with Black F and Yellow R tires. This would work for 13.5 blinky on a very high traction track too.

In 13.5 Blinky or Boosted, 10.5 Blinky or Boosted and Mod you need more downforce to maintain traction in the corners at higher speeds and as you apply power exiting corners. High Rubber content tires (Magenta F/Pink R) help generate more traction to allow for the higher corner speeds and forward bite to put the power down. Efficiency is not an issue as the motors plenty of power and the batteries have plenty of run time.
    That helped a lot, thanks. I just discovered this site too http://www.gearchart.com/index.cfm?f...n=chart.create

How much runtime do you typically get from a 10.5 blinky with let's say a 6400mah 1s lipo?