1/12 forum

You're on Page 1789 of 3078
Go to
  • Quote: Fast laps are meaningless. Anyone can get lucky, roll all the corners perfect and lay down a freakish fast lap from time to time.
    so you have seen Eric Anderson run then eh?

and yes I started at 2.20 (35/88 1.74" tires) and it was a dog. I'll bump it up to 2.5 tomorrow and set the AMB up. Thanks

I need to get some 12th practice in for vegas.
  • Quote: OD sells some 16g that is real good as well.
    Quote: I second the OD 16ga wire. The Deans is ok(?) if you can't get anything else, but the stuff OD has is a fair bit more flexible AND has noticeably thinnner casing so it fits neater.

Best part is I believe it's about the same price. Same money, better product...what's to consider
    Thanks Carlos and Scottrick

I have tried every kind of wire I could get my hands on for years and I now have what I feel is the best 16ga wire on the market. I've used every type of wire mentioned here and many more. OD Racing 16ga wire is the most flexible wire you can find and has the lowest voltage drop of all the wire we tested. It's smaller in diameter than any except Castle Creations 16ga. Depending on where you buy the Dean's wire (pretty good stuff) my wire is a little more expensive but I think it's lots better

It comes in Black, Red and (what else) Purple
  • Quote: so you have seen Eric Anderson run then eh?
  • Quote: Thanks Carlos and Scottrick

I have tried every kind of wire I could get my hands on for years and I now have what I feel is the best 16ga wire on the market. I've used every type of wire mentioned here and many more. OD Racing 16ga wire is the most flexible wire you can find and has the lowest voltage drop of all the wire we tested. It's smaller in diameter than any except Castle Creations 16ga. Depending on where you buy the Dean's wire (pretty good stuff) my wire is a little more expensive but I think it's lots better

Do you have a link for OD racing wire?
    Or a shop which sells this magic copper online?

Thanks.
  • GTB 10.5 Roll out
    Anyone have good roll out starting point for GTB 10.5? The track I race on is 90ft by 40ft.

Thanks
  • Quote: Do you have a link for OD racing wire?
    Or a shop which sells this magic copper online?

Thanks.
    We are currently updating the website with new products and an online store. It won't be ready for about a month so for prices and info just PM me here for the time being
  • Quote: Thanks Carlos and Scottrick

Wire slut alert

OD's wire is almost too flexible....have you tested 12g for voltage drop

Where's my chassis
  • Quote: Wire slut alert

OD's wire is almost too flexible....have you tested 12g for voltage drop

Where's my chassis
    Hey, I resemble that remark

your chassis? its "in the mail"
  • OD Do you sell any purple tape?
  • 12 ga would have less of a vlotage drop but it won't be as flexible as the 16ga wire.
  • you guys are off in left field anyway. the current draw of 4 cell has no noticable voltage loss between 12gage and 16gage anyway as most of the time the wire is only 4 or 5 inches long. how many zeros do you want to count out to.
  • Quote: how many zeros do you want to count out to.
    Fifteen? Twenty? WE'RE 1/12th RACERS DAMMIT!! IF WE CAN'T GET ANAL-RETENTIVE REGARDING THE MINUTIAE OF OUR CRAFT WE DON'T GET OUT OF BED!!

You're absolutely correct, the voltage drop is a non-issue. The spring-effect of too heavy wire IS an issue.
  • Quote: You're absolutely correct, the voltage drop is a non-issue. The spring-effect of too heavy wire IS an issue.
    Ditto!
  • Quote: OD Do you sell any purple tape?
    I wish I could find some purple tape that I like. If I ever do it will make my purple world complete, but for now I will have only black, blue and white
  • Oh Michael...

If you could come up with good purple tape I'D buy a T-bar car and learn to become a yoda jedi tape master!!