Like Tree486Likes

1/12 forum

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-13-2018, 02:04 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: 1/12 forum
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: IBxAnders
This is a place to share knowledge related to 1/12th scale racing. It is not to be used for conversations.

1/12th Scale Pan Car Kits:

Click links to go to manufacturer product page. If any are missing please add them!

Associated 12R6
https://www.teamassociated.com/cars_.../Factory_Team/ Jul 2017 release
DISCUSSION THREAD - Team Associated 12R6

Print Wikipost

Old 07-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odpurple View Post

I hate to keep saying it over and over again but tape is the lightest and most secure way to attach your batteries to the chassis. If you haven't used it much, just use it for a season and you will see that it gets easier to do and you never have batteries getting loose
OD after 30yrs and who knows how many times we tape in Batts we don't even think about it anymore do we??

OD
maybe you can do some step by step pictues for us
Old 07-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 247 (100%+)

Yes, but we have photo evidence that OD wasn't ALWAYS such a taping savant.

Last edited by Scottrik; 06-27-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
OD after 30yrs and who knows how many times we tape in Batts we don't even think about it anymore do we??

OD
maybe you can do some step by step pictues for us
You read my mind We are planning some "how to" videos for the new website update and battery taping will be the first one.

Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
Yes, but we have photo evidence that OD wasn't ALWAYS such a taping savant.
After being completly wrapped for many days I became "one" with the tape
Old 07-27-2007, 06:41 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Well - i'm almost ready to join the 1/12 ranks (that pretty much don't exist here in Australia!)

Probably the most copied job in the history of RC Pan car bodies - but oh well - it's a simple one

Worst paint job i've done too.....its not great at all in the flesh.

Spose i should mention its on my new L4 too Should get its first run in the next few weeks as soon as i get a motor for it
Attached Thumbnails 1/12 forum-l4.jpg  
Old 07-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NT View Post
Well - i'm almost ready to join the 1/12 ranks (that pretty much don't exist here in Australia!)

Probably the most copied job in the history of RC Pan car bodies - but oh well - it's a simple one

Spose i should mention its on my new L4 too Should get its first run in the next few weeks as soon as i get a motor for it
Don't worry, if you do much racing you'll get to paint another one soon enough!
Old 07-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Another Choice For 1/12th HD PRO3

This is Hyperdrive Racings Newest 1/12th .. Its a T Plate Car ..Thicker Chassi for Carpet Racing ..Plenty of room in Pod for Brushless ...Pod desigh allows you to put a brushless motor in without removing tire or top Plate ...Goes right in ...Great Car made by a Great Company ...Thanks for Looking ...Anyone interested that lives in the Phoenix area or Tucson Area we will be racing them at Competition Hobbies every Friday night ...
Attached Thumbnails 1/12 forum-pro3__1.jpg   1/12 forum-pro3__2.jpg   1/12 forum-pro3__3.jpg   1/12 forum-pro3__4.jpg  
Old 07-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NT View Post

What???!! No more mini cooper? Beat Tony Gray too many times??
Old 07-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by odpurple View Post
Don't worry, if you do much racing you'll get to paint another one soon enough!
Just come out and say it OD ".........................just like sydewynder........"
Old 07-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys this is my first time posting of this forum but i have been reading you guys for over a year. I have been during some testing on low traction carpet tracks with my crc genx and thought i should post it.

Front:
10 deg caster
1 shim in front
.50mm with .01 of preload
5000 wt oil on kingpin
.5 degrees of toe out
1.5 degrees of camber
CRC Magenta tires 43mm
3.5mm ride height

Middle:
30 wt oil
red spring
.01 shim under the top ball of the shock
3.5 mm ride height

Rear:

30 000 wt oil in the tubes
.01 shim under the outside ball on the tubes
.02 shims under the side links
white side springs with .125 preload
2 mm of pod droop
no pod sag
3.5mm ride height
CRC white tires 45mm

Parma Speed 8 body mounted more rearward
Batteries in the rear position

tell me what you think or try

thanks JB
Old 07-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

oh forgot about traction compound

full rear, 1/3 front, jack the gripper
i let it sit there for about 15-20 minutes
Old 07-28-2007, 02:34 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post
What???!! No more mini cooper? Beat Tony Gray too many times??
Beating TFG is like shooting fish in a barrell - its fun for the first few go's - after that, its the same old same old

I doubt anything 12 scale related will kick on down here in VIC, but we can only try

And don't stress - the 3 Mini's are all sitting there waiting patiently
Old 07-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Can someone please help me out. I am new to 1/12th and want to buy a car for the upcoming season. The track I race at stocks CRC parts so I think it might be a good idea to get a CRC (plus I like the battery arrangement). Could someone please tell me if there is a great deal of difference between the 3.2R and the GenX. I know that design-wise, there is, but is the performance vastly different? Am I being to narrow minded by focusing only on the CRC cars? Finally, what are the inherent differences between a t-plate car and cars with no t-plate? Thanks in advance for your help, i realize these are fairly basic questions for you guys, but I have to start somewhere.

Scott
Old 07-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm having issues with my Gen X front bearings. The bearings are consistantly breaking apart. It looks like the flange is first to go, then it takes part of the outer race with it and the whole bearing falls apart. I admit that I'm not the cleanest driver and I do glance the walls every once in a while, but I never had an issue with the 1/8 X 5/16 bearings, but these thinner 3/16 x 5/16 seem almost too weak. I'm running a 13.5 BL motor, so the speeds aren't super high and I'm a lot cleaner on the track than some of my competitors, but they aren't having the same issues. I switched to Dynamite bearings, could that be the problem? The origonal bearings are still intact, but they started to get a little gritty, so I swapped them out. I put some Acer Ceramics on order, are they more rugged than the dynamite bearings?

I wish CRC would make a titanium front axle with a 1/8th inch diameter, I have a bunch of those still in my pit-box. Any advice would be greatly appresiated as I can't afford to keep throwing away bearings this quickly, I usually lose one per heat.

-Frank
Old 07-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Frank CRC does make a 1/8th axles ...Titanium they screw into the offset blocks with a nut on the back....

Originally Posted by FrankW View Post
I'm having issues with my Gen X front bearings. The bearings are consistantly breaking apart. It looks like the flange is first to go, then it takes part of the outer race with it and the whole bearing falls apart. I admit that I'm not the cleanest driver and I do glance the walls every once in a while, but I never had an issue with the 1/8 X 5/16 bearings, but these thinner 3/16 x 5/16 seem almost too weak. I'm running a 13.5 BL motor, so the speeds aren't super high and I'm a lot cleaner on the track than some of my competitors, but they aren't having the same issues. I switched to Dynamite bearings, could that be the problem? The origonal bearings are still intact, but they started to get a little gritty, so I swapped them out. I put some Acer Ceramics on order, are they more rugged than the dynamite bearings?

I wish CRC would make a titanium front axle with a 1/8th inch diameter, I have a bunch of those still in my pit-box. Any advice would be greatly appresiated as I can't afford to keep throwing away bearings this quickly, I usually lose one per heat.

-Frank
Old 07-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Humpty View Post
Frank CRC does make a 1/8th axles ...Titanium they screw into the offset blocks with a nut on the back....
Those axles will not work with the pro-strut front end that's on the Gen X. I've used those axles on cars with the Associated front end and have always been happy with the quality, but I like the way the new pro-strut front end handles and don't want to switch back.

-Frank

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service