Like Tree486Likes

1/12 forum

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-13-2018, 02:04 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: 1/12 forum
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: IBxAnders
This is a place to share knowledge related to 1/12th scale racing. It is not to be used for conversations.

1/12th Scale Pan Car Kits:

Click links to go to manufacturer product page. If any are missing please add them!

Associated 12R6
https://www.teamassociated.com/cars_.../Factory_Team/ Jul 2017 release
DISCUSSION THREAD - Team Associated 12R6

Print Wikipost

Old 10-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Here you are Jon:

Specifically for the Carpet Knives

Scottrik
Thanks. I was looking at that the other night. May have to put one on my next order just to have.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Quante
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the handling of my CK3.2r, I also posted on the crc forum but it wont harm to ask here as well ;-)

I'm experiencing a slight understeer I cant seem to get out of my CK.
I'm running pink in the rear and magenta up front -> why pink: doesnt wear that much... . This should be a good combination with plenty of steering. When the tire sauce is still in the tires -> full rear and 1/4 front, traction is great, a lot of steer throughout the corners and extremely direct. But after 4-5 minutes I start to lose front grip.

Setup is white side springs, corally soft in the tubes (pretty hard though), silver stiff center spring with 50wt oil. 0.20 front springs and 10 reactive caster blocks with the caster shims, 1 in front, 1 in the rear. ride height 3.5mm rear, 3 front (approximately)

Now I was thinking about 2 more things to do and thats make the rear roll center higher or the front roll center lower. If possible make the front one lower, I dont wanna lose rear grip so I should lower the front one, but is this possible??

Does anyone else have other ideas for me??

Thx in advance
Do you by chance experience excessive wear on the front tires?

Have you tried a Purple front with more of the tire covered with additive?Purple, being a harder compound wouldn't overheat as quickly and loose traction.

Just a guess, hope it helps =Dan
Old 10-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Thanks. I was looking at that the other night. May have to put one on my next order just to have.

Yes you should!! Pretty much all the Rev3, Rev4 and CRC link cars on carpet-even in high bite run the LRC!! Just another tip from your uncle Larr......
Old 10-20-2006, 12:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quante
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the handling of my CK3.2r, I also posted on the crc forum but it wont harm to ask here as well ;-)

I'm experiencing a slight understeer I cant seem to get out of my CK.
I'm running pink in the rear and magenta up front -> why pink: doesnt wear that much... . This should be a good combination with plenty of steering. When the tire sauce is still in the tires -> full rear and 1/4 front, traction is great, a lot of steer throughout the corners and extremely direct. But after 4-5 minutes I start to lose front grip.

Setup is white side springs, corally soft in the tubes (pretty hard though), silver stiff center spring with 50wt oil. 0.20 front springs and 10 reactive caster blocks with the caster shims, 1 in front, 1 in the rear. ride height 3.5mm rear, 3 front (approximately)

Now I was thinking about 2 more things to do and thats make the rear roll center higher or the front roll center lower. If possible make the front one lower, I dont wanna lose rear grip so I should lower the front one, but is this possible??

Does anyone else have other ideas for me??

Thx in advance
i'm a newbie to 12th scale, but have you tryed the purple side springs (hardest) and a even thicker tube oil? this would make the car very responsive and increase mid to exit steering.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a rookie question! I havent really run a 12th scale since the trinity midnight stock motor was new. So the question...what would be a good gear ratio to starting point with a 19t Komoto? I just finished putting my Carpet Knife 3.2R together and it comes with a 98-tooth spur in 64pitch. And also what would be a good ratio to start with with say a 10x2 mod? My tires are trued down to approx 44mm. I know it depends on track size, lets say 40x70 carpet track with 50/50 high speed/technical lay out with good flow.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:11 AM
Tech Rookie

OK, I dont mean to butt in with a completly irrelevant NOOB question, but...
I just bought a HD Pro3 to run oval(obviously). To my dismay, noone around here runs an oval when I don't work....DOOHHH!
SOOO, Ive got an OLD 12L, i thought I'd get it going and run it for some wheel time. ...Its missing lots of parts...LOTS...
I brought one of those plastic body mount studs (the plastic stud that sticks up through the body - a flat head phillips screw threads into it from the bottom, securing it to the chassis) into work. I had a machinist mill me one out of aluminum. The aluminum was actually lighter in wieght than the plastic original mount......I ask why isn't anyone else doing this(minus the fact the 12L is far unsupirior whit it's "sophisticated" A-arm camber blocks and all)
IS IT FEASABLE to make my own replacement "parts" for suspention for this car, or am I beating a dead horse??? I have envisioned an adjustable caster/camber/roll center setup. I have raced GM metric cars for 15 years now - I just dont want to apply my knowledge of a 2500lb car to somthing, if I am wasting my time. Also, I am failing to grasp the full comprehention of the rear axel attached to a floating pod ( instead of a rear axel attached to a solid chassis design) SOMEONE point me in the right direction!!!!!
BTW, the first person to reply "buy a carpet knife" ---my wife will wizz in your wheaties---she wants SOME of my wallet!
Old 10-20-2006, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I wouldnt use aluminum body mounts, instead of bending or breaking a body mount, you are going to crack or break a chassis.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Also, I am failing to grasp the full comprehention of the rear axel attached to a floating pod ( instead of a rear axel attached to a solid chassis design) SOMEONE point me in the right direction!!!!!

we have a rear pod so we have working rear suspension if it were attached to a solid chassis you would have no rear body roll or dampening = bad car to drive

hope this helps if not there are many guys who will give a better explanation

cheers
Chris
Old 10-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mark Payne, where's yr site gone?? 12rc.com link isn't working & I don't have the direct link to yr blogspot)
Old 10-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

http://markpayneblog.blogspot.com/20...g-and-pod.html
Old 10-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 247 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Capelracer
Worship me like the God that I am!
Would have thought even a relatively minor deity should have been able to find Mark's site

jk,

Scottrik
Old 10-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackKat
Do you by chance experience excessive wear on the front tires?

Have you tried a Purple front with more of the tire covered with additive?Purple, being a harder compound wouldn't overheat as quickly and loose traction.

Just a guess, hope it helps =Dan
Well, actually, now that you mention it... my fronts do wear a lot quicker than expected and the purples wouldnt be a bad thing to try.

Definately something I'll try next time (unfortunately a week from now)

And for different side springs, tampering with my rear end is something I'd like to avoid because the rear end is pretty much dialed and its the front which loses grip after some runtime. But If everything else fails, rear end adjustments must be made ;-) )
Old 10-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

I ordered a bunch of Jaco tires today and a color coded 'yellow' for the rear was on the list this time around.....where does it fit in? I also ordered a 'black' for the front.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think they are just between a DS pink and a normal grey for rear and the blacks are like the CRC blacks but in a DS also, I could be wrong
rogtsaamokin
Old 10-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Thanks, I look forward to trying them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service