2004 On Road Worlds Warm Up & Worlds At Full Throttle Speedway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 On Road Worlds Warm Up & Worlds At Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Are you guys running Triple A-mains at the PreWorlds?

Jeff
Old 04-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Jeff Brown
Are you guys running Triple A-mains at the PreWorlds?

Jeff
If im not mistaking Yes.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes, Triple A's. The goal of the preworlds is to let races get as much track time as possible.

Also, based on racer requests the pre worlds will have 4 qualifiers with 3 set of tire available to the racers for qualifying. Essentially the race will have a schedule similar to a ROAR National event.

Based on an expected entry of 150 racers Full Throttle speedway has secured covered pit spaces for that number of racers. Who gets under the tent is based on when you enter...so if you enter right now you will certainly have a covered pit space. If you plan on signing up at the track make sure you look at the entry counts that will be posted here and on the FTS website. If it looks like there are near 150 racers signed up and you have not yet signed up you should look into providing your own table, chair and shelter.

At the Worlds ALL racers will have covered pits.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

I noticed on the website that you were having power installed. I was wondering if that was done, I was thinking about practicing the weekend before the PreWorlds.

Jeff
Old 04-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The City of Kissimee has provisioned to have power installed at the track. However, this will not happen untill mid May.

For the Pre-Worlds Jorge has arranged to have a large undustrial diesel generator provide power for all racers. If you have been to the Reedy race at Tamiya in the last 2 years you are familiar with this type of Generator....although the one at the Pre Worlds will be BIGGER!

The Worlds will, of course, be on grid power.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

For the club race the weekend before, or any day for that matter besides the preworlds. Do we have to provide our own power? Or is there hookup for a 100ft extention cord?

Just don't want to drive 2 hours and not have everything for a day of testing.

Jeff
Old 04-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Jeff Brown
For the club race the weekend before, or any day for that matter besides the preworlds. Do we have to provide our own power? Or is there hookup for a 100ft extention cord?

Just don't want to drive 2 hours and not have everything for a day of testing.

Jeff
Jeff if its just you I bet Somone If theres a Race someone will let you hook up to a generator. Hopefully theres generators

Edited*someone*

Last edited by True R/C Racing; 04-17-2004 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:49 PM
TLRacing

Adrian-How many sets of tires do we get for the Worlds? Is it a new set of tires for each qualifier?
Old 04-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
Jeff if its just you I bet Somone If theres a Race somone will let you hook up to a generator. Hopefully theres generators

Edited*somone*
Ariel, Try again it should be someone!!!
Old 04-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lmunno
Ariel, Try again it should be someone!!!
i edited to fix it and I didn't even fix it.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

How long will you have the generator after the PreWorlds? You mentioned people wanting to stay after and practice. I am interested in practicing afterwards. Well, I will be joining the club actually since i will be there so much.

Just wondering about power is basically what i am asking. I understand that some people might have generators but if i am there all day, no one could be there. Thanks.

Jeff
Old 04-19-2004, 07:43 AM
FTSPEEDWAY

Default Question

Hey guys the Generator will be gone after the pre-worlds May 2nd. I will have a generator there on site but it is used for the driver stand and computers. I can arrange to have a generator on site for you guys buy it will be a your own cost. The day after the pre-worlds if everyone agrees they want one then I will go and get one at a local rental place.

Jorge

Old 04-19-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Jorge,

Thanks for the info. Let me know what the cost is of a generator to rent. I might just rent it myself if i know i will be there for a couple extra days.

Jeff
Old 04-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Hey Adrian

Man you can do it all
Old 04-19-2004, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Warm Up Practice and Post Race Running

Originally posted by AdrianM
There will be a club race on Sunday April 25th. $15 Entry, One Class Only, 2 heats and single A-Mains. The track will open at 8am on Sunday for the Club race.

The Track will no be open on Saturday the 24th.

We have had a lot of requests from teams asking if the track will be open after the warm up. The track is open at all times as there is no locked fence to keep people out. So yes it will be open for people to run on.
Any particular reason why the track would not be available to run on this Saturday? Thanks.

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.