Kyosho TF-6

Old 03-22-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks guys ......raceberry doesnt have a site up yet huh?
Old 03-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Thanks guys ......raceberry doesnt have a site up yet huh?
no, it's kind of a secret, special, high tech company with a low profile, we don't want just anybody using these parts and as a result being just as fast The latest results from the TRF-guys speak for themselves

but you can contact him on http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...332601?fref=ts

Old 03-22-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matthijs
no, it's kind of a secret, special, high tech company with a low profile, we don't want just anybody using these parts and as a result being just as fast The latest results from the TRF-guys speak for themselves

but you can contact him on http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...332601?fref=ts

Lol I don't do Facebook ....is race berry a secret agent too lol
Old 03-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Lol I don't do Facebook ....is race berry a secret agent too lol
Yes men in black styleeeee

We could tell you his name but then we have to kill you
Old 03-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

No don't tell me then lol....but could you tell him to get a site up already .
Old 03-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

No don't tell me then lol....but could you tell him to get a site up already .
in a few weeks his stuff will be sold by Tonisport, until then you can contact Bernd at raceberry(at)web.de
Old 04-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Ok asphalt season starts up here next race ...thank god ....it was a tuff winter/carpet season with this car.......so im guessing most guys are using chris setup from hemstead?......i modified my rear bulk heads and cut off the extra mounts that vasco suggested...i wonder if i should go back to the un modified ones for asphalt.......i remeber last summer this car was amazing just box stock on pavement.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

this is what i am running at the moment

Front
C C out with short arms
0mm spacer under front block 0.5mm under rear block
550 oil HPI pink springs 3rd hole from inside at the top of the shock
medium links with 3mm spacers
1.5mm ackerman

Rear
B out front E out rear
0.5mm spacer under the blocks
550 oil HPI silver springs 3rd hole from inside at the top of the shock
medium link with 2.5mm spacers

600 geardiff oil
1 piece rear/front suspension holder only using outer holes(raceberry) floating servo mount
TF6 top deck

Last edited by sidecarphil1; 04-23-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:57 AM

I would suggest sticking to the modified ones. The new prototype chassis feature holes for front bulkheads in rear.. The difference however shouldn't be that big, just a little more flex..

Setup wise I'd recommend basically what Phil says as a starting point, apart from the 0 - 0.5mm shims underneath the front pivot blocks.. run 0.5-0.5, the anti dive only works on certain tracks.

I'd start with HPI silver/silver since this is 90% of the times the way to go, pink/silver is not always the best option out there.

I've included a basic setup that should work at nearly every track/surface.

Furthermore I'm happy to tell you guys that Kyosho is working hard on putting an 'upgrade' kit together. This kit will most likely include the new steel axles/outdrives, floating servo mount, solid piece suspension block(s), new topdeck and maybe a few other nice goodies. I can't tell you the exact specifications or release date yet since this is still unknown. Ofc I'll try my best to keep you all updated!

I've been driving around with all the new prototype bits for quite a while now and have to say that they work amazingly well! We made a lot of progress on carpet but on asphalt the car is outstanding!

Old 04-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Thanks vasco ..sidecarphil.....i will try this out !...and yes the car is definately outstanding on asphalt.....cant wait to see the new goodies!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vasco C
I would suggest sticking to the modified ones. The new prototype chassis feature holes for front bulkheads in rear.. The difference however shouldn't be that big, just a little more flex..

Setup wise I'd recommend basically what Phil says as a starting point, apart from the 0 - 0.5mm shims underneath the front pivot blocks.. run 0.5-0.5, the anti dive only works on certain tracks.

I'd start with HPI silver/silver since this is 90% of the times the way to go, pink/silver is not always the best option out there.

I've included a basic setup that should work at nearly every track/surface.

Furthermore I'm happy to tell you guys that Kyosho is working hard on putting an 'upgrade' kit together. This kit will most likely include the new steel axles/outdrives, floating servo mount, solid piece suspension block(s), new topdeck and maybe a few other nice goodies. I can't tell you the exact specifications or release date yet since this is still unknown. Ofc I'll try my best to keep you all updated!

I've been driving around with all the new prototype bits for quite a while now and have to say that they work amazingly well! We made a lot of progress on carpet but on asphalt the car is outstanding!

Wouldnt the tf-005h arms work better on asphalt?
Old 04-23-2013, 12:22 PM

Don't know the part nr's to be honest, but the 'short' original TF6 arms work best in pro-stock most of the time.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vasco C
Don't know the part nr's to be honest, but the 'short' original TF6 arms work best in pro-stock most of the time.

Ok ya got ya there but im gonna run this car in mod so i will give both arms a try.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Last sunday the Dutch Nationals were dominated by John 'Kiwi' Bruins with the TF6 SP in the stock (sp cirtix and 13.5 v3) class. Outstanding performance and a good warmup for the next ETS race on the same track ;-)
Old 05-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone know when the updates and prototype parts might be available for the TF6 SP??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.