Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Old 02-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Sweep Racing USA 2015 10th scale TC lineup
  • Precision Wheels, soft or HARD
  • 10 types of insert
  • Rubber tires, Carpet to Asphalt, thick to thin.
  • Traction compounds
  • 190mm Polycarbonate bodies ROAR and IFMAR legal
  • Polycarbonate Wings Thin and Thick
  • we are the most popular spec tires in the US. contact us for your club, race event special.

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 06-23-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You????? An RC business??????? I never would have guessed.

Good luck!

But if you really want to make sales you need to go to lihobbyinfo.com
Old 02-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

i have personally test piloted the EXP30's on medium bite carpet and have found them to be very easy to drive, predictable and the compound feels and acts somewhere between a Sorex 28 and a Jaco blue, so they literally are spot on 30 degree tires.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by jiml
You????? An RC business??????? I never would have guessed.

Good luck!

But if you really want to make sales you need to go to lihobbyinfo.com
Hey Jim how are you?

after test out these tires since last summer, I just can't resist to get back in to this Business

we test the EXP everywhere! such as Horsham in PA, The track in MD(aka Mimi's), Time Zone 2 in the west coast, Mike's Hobby Shop in Texas, S&N Raceway in Wisconsin, and The RC Madness in Connecticut. And all this nation's top drivers gave great reviews like "better than the SoreXX", "EXP30 will eat blue fish alive!"

more testing is going on at WCRCR in SOCAL, Gulf coast raceway (hosting IC IFMAR this year) by no one other than John stranahan himself, so far so good

I'm more than confident with my products, that s why I'm back!

See ya at races Jim

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 02-06-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

any plan on using black rims?

If the relative temp stays around 75-85, 36 would be better for asphalt? Sorex 36 works good around here.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by redbones
any plan on using black rims?

If the relative temp stays around 75-85, 36 would be better for asphalt? Sorex 36 works good around here.
hey redbones

no black wheels so far, 75-85F, try a set of EXP30 for asphalt.

thanks
Old 02-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Do any hobby distributers carry these tires? Looking for my spec tire program.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Do any hobby distributers carry these tires? Looking for my spec tire program.
hello Owen racing

no we don't have that, we may not looking for doing that no more.

please contact us with your track's information from following url
https://www.sweepracingusa.com/crm.asp?action=contactus

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 06-23-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
Hey Jim how are you?

after test out these tires since last summer, I just can't resist to get back in to this Business

we test the EXP everywhere! such as The track in MD(aka Mimi's), Time Zone 2 in the west coast, Mike's Hobby Shop in Texas, S&N Raceway in Wisconsin, and The RC Madness in Connecticut. And all this nation's top drivers gave great reviews like "better than the SoreXX", "EXP30 will eat blue fish alive!"

more testing is going on at WCRCR in SOCAL, Gulf coast raceway (hosting IC IFMAR this year) by no one other than John stranahan himself, so far so good

I'm more than confident with my products, that s why I'm back!

See ya at races Jim
Sounds very cool. Good luck with this.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

we test the EXP everywhere! such as The track in MD(aka Mimi's),
How was testing if I may ask? That track is my home track and it is HIGH bite. Everyone can/could traction roll at anytime. A lot of competitors and when traction come up it's WAY up.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Isaac
How was testing if I may ask? That track is my home track and it is HIGH bite. Everyone can/could traction roll at anytime. A lot of competitors and when traction come up it's WAY up.
hello Isac

our test pilot was there few times. he reported he drove a 17.5 car with so ease on that track he bolted on a 13.5 and still had no problem driving full speed through there. which was almost impossible task with other brands.

testing was succesful.

thanks
Old 02-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I was asked to repost this information from my Losi XXX-S Tips and Tricks for Mod thread here. The test is run on a long outdoor track in a Losi XXX-S touring car with LRP X12 3.5 motor, Thunderpower 40 C battery and Tekin RX8 speed control. Speeds (60 mph) and amp draw (47 average amps) are high.

Sweep Racing Premounts

My Sweep racing premount tires came in. Thanks John. They come on yellow wheels of medium stiffness. I like the stiffness of the wheel. I inspected the glue bead carefully looking for the best premount 30's to put in the photo. It was apparent they were glued by hand. I saw evidence of a couple of stalls where the glue builds up more than normal. Practice eliminates this. This does not affect performance and cannot be seen without very close examination.

The wheels mounted easily but snugly on the Losi axles and hexes showing a good fit. The 36R tires that I will test tomorrow came unglued as they are prototype units. I scuffed the wheels as instructed and superglued the tires on. I had a couple of the stalls where the tip glues itself to the tire for a moment and stops the smooth round movement necessary for a visully perfect glue job. The insert were nice tapered rubber inserts in pink. Similar in shape to Sorex inserts. They felt like medium stiffness, although the literature with the tire says they are soft. The tire itself is identified with its temperature rating on the inside sidewall, and the tire brand on the outside sidewall. Thats a nice touch that saves you grief later on.
Road test tomorrow. Lap times maybe on Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails

Sweep Racing 36R vs SJ racing 36R, 66 F air temp 84 F track temp.

I set the track to medium-high traction like I do on race day. I ran a pack to fine tune my sway bar changes. Things were in good shape after a couple of upper shock mount changes. I ran 5 laps on my control tire the SJ racing 36 R. These tires had 8-12 runs on them. I ran some good laps. I noticed how quickly I gained on a blue Nitro sedan. The car was good. I traded tires and ran the sweep racing tires (new). I was rewarded with more traction and better handling. I made progress on a blue Nitro much quicker. I ran only 6-7 laps and then decided to save the tire for racing tomorrow. The tire did not fade.
Normally a new tire is a little quicker than a well used tire. This is especially noticeable on indoor asphalt. On our outdoor track there is a new tire effect but it is much smaller than idoors with stock motors. Chances are good that I will still have more grip after 8-10 runs.
The only thing left now is to test durability. I will try to count runs on this set.
Attached Thumbnails

Old 02-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Company Representative

Thanks John

yes I had to ask you for it

I thought your testing is always a pushing it to the limit kinda deal, also I been a loyal fan to your writing for many years, love to share your thought on our thread.

btw john our new EXP tires are 36E, R is our last year compound with a taller sidewalls.

E stands for EXP or Expert(like that old american built RC set name, my very first RC set!)

Thanks john keep up the good work.

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
I was asked to repost this information from my Losi XXX-S Tips and Tricks for Mod thread here. The test is run on a long outdoor track in a Losi XXX-S touring car with LRP X12 3.5 motor, Thunderpower 40 C battery and Tekin RX8 speed control. Speeds (60 mph) and amp draw (47 average amps) are high.

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 02-06-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well you know im on board with these and will be supporting sweep racing for the 2010 season. i hope this will be tire of choice for jackson
Old 02-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hello Owen racing

no we don't have that, we may not looking for doing that no more.

pelase contact us with your track's information from following url
http://www.sweepracingusa.com/contact_us.php
Great Planes carried the previous line of Sweep tires, but they won't be carrying the EXP line?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.