Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I have been running the sweep f1 front and rear tires here in south fl. Slicks, ....They seemed to work good until july when it got Realllly hot 95 deg + air temp, 110-122 track temp. ran v24. will the 28 work better at these temps. what is the recommended temp for each tire? wonder if the groves will run cooler...

Last edited by fat500; 08-10-2019 at 04:58 AM. Reason: temp
Old 08-10-2019, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fat500
for tc everyone is running pre mounts. go to the coral springs track today or tomorrow, the ROAR regionals race is going on NOW. Practice and qualify today, sat. and mains on Sunday. You can get the tires at the track. usually 25 a set of four
Yeah, I was planning on paying a visit to watch, but it coincided with my weekend getaway at Marco Island with the family - I guess I’ll catch the next club race or open practice there.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fat500
I have been running the sweep f1 front and rear tires here in south fl. Slicks, ....They seemed to work good until july when it got Realllly hot 95 deg + air temp, 110-122 track temp. ran v24. will the 28 work better at these temps. what is the recommended temp for each tire? wonder if the groves will run cooler...
For me the rears held up pretty good but the fronts Ware out rather quickly running the groove tires . I still have more run time on the rear groove tires have not tried the slicks yet I’ve been running the V 24 extremes
Old 03-11-2020, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What's a good sweep tire for ambient temp ranging from 28° to 39°? Also whats the differences of evo-r pro and the normal R tires?
Old 03-11-2020, 09:11 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
What's a good sweep tire for ambient temp ranging from 28° to 39°? Also whats the differences of evo-r pro and the normal R tires?
EVO-R 36 should be good. R type. last longer.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
EVO-R 36 should be good. R type. last longer.
thank you. i also have 28 and 32r sweep. When to use them and which one to use in different ambient temp?
Old 03-11-2020, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
thank you. i also have 28 and 32r sweep. When to use them and which one to use in different ambient temp?
Generally (very generally), air or track temp in Celsius is your guide to rubber tire shore ratings on asphalt.

There's some wiggle room, but if you have a choice in tires, it's a good starting base. You can run softer tires, but over heating will cause them to go greasy, and they may not "recover" on subsequent runs. Right before they get greasy, the car may "lock down", which happens just over the optimum temp of the tire.

When I ran asphalt and had a choice in tire compound, I tried to find the one that just had some rubber build up on the outside edge where my camber didn't totally scrub the tire. If the tire comes off looking dusty, go softer. If the tire comes off looking shiney, go harder.

Some aggressive sauces will change the look and feel of the tire, so try to stick with sauces that clean the tire so you can get a good read without changing the shore too much. On a treated track (VHT or sugar), no prep is really required, you mostly want the tire clean to get a good post-run read.

On new tires, just break-in and clean enough to remove any seam and get the mold release off, again, so you can get a good tire read.
nikkiesteban likes this.
Old 08-19-2020, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Sweep EXP-36R2PG,Insert: EXP-C black, Wheel: EXP-WAW nylon

Track temperature: Well above 60 degrees Celsius。

4wd sedan.

Both modified and 13.5 blinky.

Seeking for suggestion on keeping tires from overheating and excessive wear.

Thanks in advance.