Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread >

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Like Tree16Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Old 05-28-2019, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
Yes we had some not so California weather last weekend. few Invitational racers had some issue finding traction due to the weather, the spec traction addictive. also no tires warmer allowed!! in 50deg weather! but that s the rules for this year's RROC.
Once you have Might grip V3 as saucing with Tire warmer for 5min. there was plenty of traction even in the cold weather.
The EXP EVO-R2 compounds showing traction and wear we need for today's TC SPEC Racing.
Si you mean that sweep tyres are not working properly between 16 and 27 without a very agressive tyre prep and tyre warning...

Honestly I start to understand the X-ray team point of view. That's exactly what we have noted during our local tests, and that's exactly why we have chosen another tyre, with better rubber quality.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:29 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
Si you mean that sweep tyres are not working properly between 16 and 27 without a very agressive tyre prep and tyre warning...

Honestly I start to understand the X-ray team point of view. That's exactly what we have noted during our local tests, and that's exactly why we have chosen another tyre, with better rubber quality.
Between 16C -27 is a big window in temperature for a single tire compound to cover but at this year's reedy race our tires worked good with a local's chemical choice. also to note. our rubber is unique and top of the quality. I wouldn't called a 5 min tire warming or local choice of chemical before each race as an "Aggressive prep"
let us know what is like at your local track, we will recommend correct rubbers for your club next time,
thanks

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 05-29-2019 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

What tires are you looking for? yes we have changed Manufacture code to the simple numeric part# few years ago.

for the Florida valkaria rc race way. please try our New reedy 2019 tires. should be on sale (part# 2336417)
ok thank you but was looking for tires only. But I will check them out
Old 05-29-2019, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Between 16-27 is a big window in temperature but at this year's reedy race our tires worked good with a local's chemical choice. also to note. our rubber is unique and top of the quality. I wouldn't called a 5 min tire warming or local choice of chemical before each race as an "Aggressive prep"
let us know what is like at your local track, we will recommend correct rubbers for your club next time,
thanks
Do you know what the locals were using as additive?

Why weren't the invite racers allowed to use tyre warmers?
Old 05-29-2019, 08:28 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Do you know what the locals were using as additive?

Why weren't the invite racers allowed to use tyre warmers?
Locals/most of open class are using Mighty Gripper V3. I even saw some of open mod guys with Mighty Grip/No warmers doing better laps than the Invitational drivers, all because of different sauce.
The tire warmers are not allowed in the INV class, I believe because, INV tires gets all impounded after each runs then 5min sauce with FX2 only to keep the even playing filed.
We had Rain a day before the 1st day of racing, otherwise, no warmer, FX2 should been no problem.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Between 16C -27 is a big window in temperature for a single tire compound to cover but at this year's reedy race our tires worked good with a local's chemical choice. also to note. our rubber is unique and top of the quality. I wouldn't called a 5 min tire warming or local choice of chemical before each race as an "Aggressive prep"
thanks
The Mighty Grip V3 is clearly one of the most aggressive tyre prep we can find... Obviously, tyre warmers are a plus when it comes to relatively cold conditions. Now, a rubber tyre should warm during the 10 first lap, with proper hydraulic setup. We used this tyre (30EXP-R2) during one year and not only we had a clear degradation in term of fabrication (air gap reduced by 1mm) but also in term of weight (+1.5g on each wheel).

We are forbidding any tyre prep at our track, that was the purpose of my previous question: Are these tyres designed to work with tyre prep?
These are the points we have identified as potential sources of the problem in our own conditions:
- The hole is the wheel is way too small, the tyre is often flat and does not have the possibility to warm properly because of deformation.
- The air-gap is too small, especially at the end of the season (the low-profile design of the tyre is not helping on asphalt)
- The insert seems to be too big, it seems to centrifuge, it is not tight enough around the wheel.
- The rubber does not contain natural rubber enough (compared to other tyres from other manufacturers), that is critical when the conditions are hard and tyre prep is forbidden.

I totally understand that tyre manufacturing is not easy, especially in huge quantities (we used only 350 during the year), but I'm also quite happy to provide some feed-back about it, especially if it can go back to the factory.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:48 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Airwave View Post

The Mighty Grip V3 is clearly one of the most aggressive tyre prep we can find... Obviously, tyre warmers are a plus when it comes to relatively cold conditions. Now, a rubber tyre should warm during the 10 first lap, with proper hydraulic setup. We used this tyre (30EXP-R2) during one year and not only we had a clear degradation in term of fabrication (air gap reduced by 1mm) but also in term of weight (+1.5g on each wheel).

We are forbidding any tyre prep at our track, that was the purpose of my previous question: Are these tyres designed to work with tyre prep?
These are the points we have identified as potential sources of the problem in our own conditions:
- The hole is the wheel is way too small, the tyre is often flat and does not have the possibility to warm properly because of deformation.
- The air-gap is too small, especially at the end of the season (the low-profile design of the tyre is not helping on asphalt)
- The insert seems to be too big, it seems to centrifuge, it is not tight enough around the wheel.
- The rubber does not contain natural rubber enough (compared to other tyres from other manufacturers), that is critical when the conditions are hard and tyre prep is forbidden.

I totally understand that tyre manufacturing is not easy, especially in huge quantities (we used only 350 during the year), but I'm also quite happy to provide some feed-back about it, especially if it can go back to the factory.
  • We have found the holes on the wheels have minimal effects unless inserts are punched holes, it might be from inserts being too thick for the applications, not the holes
  • We have 2 different thickness of inserts for the reasons you mentioned. EXP inserts are thicker with more supports but less air gap than the standard SWA inserts,
  • We also makes 2 different diameter wheels for the TC Aero (US Part#2400) then the large ones EXP (US Part#2406) that with different inserts should get you right air gap your looking for
  • We also have 2 diffrent tire. EXP with less Natural rubber then the R and QTS series with more Natural rubber.
to me your club may need R40 (US Part# 2640 ) for outdoor racing. please contact your local distributor for get variations of samples assortment.

Thank you for sharing with us and I'm very impressed with your rubber understanding.

John c/o Sweep Racing USA

Old 06-12-2019, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Do you sell 36R tires only ?
Old 06-13-2019, 05:01 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by 5th wheel View Post
Do you sell 36R tires only ?
EXP? what the part #?
Old 06-15-2019, 10:47 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

• We have found the holes on the wheels have minimal effects unless inserts are punched holes, it might be from inserts being too thick for the applications, not the holes
  • We have 2 different thickness of inserts for the reasons you mentioned. EXP inserts are thicker with more supports but less air gap than the standard SWA inserts,
  • We also makes 2 different diameter wheels for the TC Aero (US Part#2400) then the large ones EXP (US Part#2406) that with different inserts should get you right air gap your looking for
  • We also have 2 diffrent tire. EXP with less Natural rubber then the R and QTS series with more Natural rubber.
to me your club may need R40 (US Part# 2640 ) for outdoor racing. please contact your local distributor for get variations of samples assortment.

Thank you for sharing with us and I'm very impressed with your rubber understanding.

John c/o Sweep Racing USA
It's the 34EXP we have as the control tyre for the BRCA national series in the UK it seems to be quite different to all the others, gives a stupid amount of grip on asphalt?
Old 06-17-2019, 07:44 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Bar View Post
It's the 34EXP we have as the control tyre for the BRCA national series in the UK it seems to be quite different to all the others, gives a stupid amount of grip on asphalt?
That should be between 30
https://www.sweepracingusa.com/10th-...set_p_585.html
https://www.sweepracingusa.com/10th-...2PG_p_582.html
Old 06-18-2019, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

EXP? what the part #?
EXP 36R tires only ?
Old 06-19-2019, 09:01 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by 5th wheel View Post

EXP 36R tires only ?
not in stock yet. should be soon
Old 06-21-2019, 05:16 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

My local outdoor track is quite high traction, when racing in mod the tyres tends to split and we have to re-glue often, every one or two runs. What would you recommend up from this, that would produce a little less traction, our average track temp through the summer is probably about 30degC? We do find the heat range of the tyre is incredible, works from 5degC all the way up to 50C+.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:47 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Bar View Post
My local outdoor track is quite high traction, when racing in mod the tyres tends to split and we have to re-glue often, every one or two runs. What would you recommend up from this, that would produce a little less traction, our average track temp through the summer is probably about 30degC? We do find the heat range of the tyre is incredible, works from 5degC all the way up to 50C+.

Luke
Split where the rubber meets the Wheel? (Beading area) ? If it is, inspect between runs to see if it need a drop of thin CA. that s what pro guys does.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service