R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/368145-sweep-racing-tires-1-10th-sedan-thread.html)

theproffesor 05-18-2018 10:26 AM

Our track is switching to the black CRC in June. I see that there is a QTS32 “true black” that is made for the carpet. Is there any other tire you recommend? We don’t have any spec rules for tires, and I really don’t want to glue the sidewalls. Hopefully not I can avoid that with these or another recommended tire.

also what is the difference between the QTS32 blue and QTS 32 black?

Thank you

SweepRacingUSA 05-21-2018 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by DBM (Post 15132570)
The Schumacher Sorex premounts with the lightweight black inserts are ~6g per wheel/tire lighter than the sweep qts32/28 ith the medium carbon insert. The qts with the light blue LT insert is ~6g lighter than the qts with the medium carbon insert.

The QTS32 with LT insert is one of my favorite tires for black carpet. I could only find the QTS premounts with LT inserts at Amain and they are now out of stock. :(

thanks, the issue we had with EXP-LS on that tires were. inserts dies before the tire. any of that on your track?

Originally Posted by dvaid852456 (Post 15225208)
After the first dry round of the BRCA Clubmans this weekend at Adur I got to drive the new Sweep BRCA Control tyres (EXP-34R2PG-B) and I wondered what other people's experiences were with these tyres. I used the same set for Blinky 17.5 Practice, Q1, Q2, Q3 ,Q4 and F1. I changed to a new set for F2 as I was loosing grip with the 1st set by this point. So 6 runs in total before feeling loss of grip and seeing a groove appearing on the inside rim of the tyre. In hindsight I probably should have changed for Q3 or Q4, but grip felt fine up until half way through F1.

Obviously it depends on car setup and track temp (Adur was a hot day with track temps in excess of 37C) but would people say 5/6 runs for competition is about right?
Also when is it best to change tyres and how do you use your 2 sets during the day?
With 2 sets allowed per meeting do people use set 1 for Q1 and Q2 then change to set 2 for Q3 and Q4 to maximize their qualifying position, then use set 1 for F1 and set 2 for F2?
I'd be interested to know what people's tyre strategy is like.

5-6 runs on competition tracks are an excellent results INHO

Originally Posted by theproffesor (Post 15230202)
Our track is switching to the black CRC in June. I see that there is a QTS32 “true black” that is made for the carpet. Is there any other tire you recommend? We don’t have any spec rules for tires, and I really don’t want to glue the sidewalls. Hopefully not I can avoid that with these or another recommended tire.

also what is the difference between the QTS32 blue and QTS 32 black?

Thank you

Black Carpet, unfortunately needs side wall glues no matter what,.with TRUE BLACK.(#2735417) you wll need 59.5 mm (depends on tracks) with Real Blue(#2732417). you will need more than 60mm (also depends on the tack)

also note. with the True black. you will find less wear and more consistent handling. BUT. if it's a open tires rule track. you may need the Real Blue. which will give you an hot laps!

SweepRacingUSA 06-05-2018 09:48 AM

After a Hugh success in this year's Reedy Race of Champions. we decided to put the tires on Sale.! please visit the signature below to see them for yourself!

This is what racers have to say about the tires after the 2018 RROC TC.

Originally Posted by hanulec (Post 15236312)
Sweep tires were excellent at the event.
Happy to have kinked it on my last run of the circuit. Thanks to everyone for organizing. Cannot wait to see what unfolds for 2019...

Originally Posted by maxepower (Post 15236197)
Actually open class was able to buy 4 sets of race tires and all the practice tires you wanted. They were only $30 a set! So that was pretty good!
Sweep tires were very consistent!
Just my 2$

Originally Posted by Tim Neja (Post 15235208)
Beautiful weather and an awesome track combined for some GREAT racing on Saturday!! I was down to watch round 3 and the racing was really good. The track is in perfect condition and the Sweep tires really were allowing the cars to perform at their best!! Great driving and clean racing--the best of the best are very fun to watch!! A great finish to a very great venue!!

5th wheel 06-06-2018 05:54 PM

What’s a good F1 tire for a hot asphalt track in Florida Thanks
Large track
​​​​​​​

SweepRacingUSA 06-07-2018 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by 5th wheel (Post 15241435)
What’s a good F1 tire for a hot asphalt track in Florida Thanks
Large track
​​​​​​​

We runs 28 on all tracks.

https://www.sweepracingusa.com/10th-...ium_p_717.html
https://www.sweepracingusa.com/10th-...deg_p_719.html

thanks

5th wheel 06-08-2018 06:20 PM

Okay thank you

5th wheel 07-30-2018 05:39 PM

On your formula one tires what do you consider extreme for temperature our track is roughly 120 to 135°

SweepRacingUSA 08-01-2018 11:34 AM

About 150F Track temp, other than that always on 28.

5th wheel 08-10-2018 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA (Post 15271614)
About 150F Track temp, other than that always on 28.

thank you

Speedychris22 08-11-2018 03:52 PM

Is there any coupon codes available? Need to make an order

5th wheel 05-21-2019 05:48 PM

What’s the part number for a good tire 36r for a hot track in Florida valkaria rc race way.around 120 degree track temperature .for TC. Tires only I have medium inserte

5th wheel 05-25-2019 06:11 PM

Did Sweep change their part numbers can’t find what I am looking for

Airwave 05-26-2019 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA (Post 15240570)
After a Hugh success in this year's Reedy Race of Champions. we decided to put the tires on Sale.! please visit the signature below to see them for yourself!

This is what racers have to say about the tires after the 2018 RROC TC.

Pretty impatient to see what kind of feed-back we gotta get this year... RedRC videos were everything but impressive... I've never seen a such shitty grip my whole life :-)

SweepRacingUSA 05-28-2019 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Airwave (Post 15455523)
Pretty impatient to see what kind of feed-back we gotta get this year... RedRC videos were everything but impressive... I've never seen a such shitty grip my whole life :-)

Yes we had some not so California weather last weekend. few Invitational racers had some issue finding traction due to the weather, the spec traction addictive. also no tires warmer allowed!! in 50deg weather! but that s the rules for this year's RROC.
Once you have Might grip V3 as saucing with Tire warmer for 5min. there was plenty of traction even in the cold weather.
The EXP EVO-R2 compounds showing traction and wear we need for today's TC SPEC Racing.

SweepRacingUSA 05-28-2019 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by 5th wheel (Post 15455225)
Did Sweep change their part numbers can’t find what I am looking for

What tires are you looking for? yes we have changed Manufacture code to the simple numeric part# few years ago.

for the Florida valkaria rc race way. please try our New reedy 2019 tires. should be on sale (part# 2336417)