Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread >

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Like Tree16Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Reply

Old 02-26-2010, 05:46 PM
  #61  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
jammincrtjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 969
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

NEXUS RACING now carrying Sweep Tires
jammincrtjames is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:11 PM
  #62  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,816
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Victor Vector View Post
Asked the track owner (Mark of TimeZone) if I could run a qual with Sweep 36s as we are a 'Blue' track. He said OK if no-one minds. So I did TQ on fresh tyres. took three laps to shake off the newness, then they pushed for a couple of laps as I figured out how to handle them and THEN......great tyres. Every one complained so I had to finish the night blue.........

Will do a practice day Sunday and put some miles on 'em and tell you more from there.

Really beyond expectation to have a tyre respond so well. Thanks for the rubber John Lee................

Jacko
Hey Jack, good to hear you did well.

yes that 's EXP36 Wht Extreme carpet tires we formulated it for the HD Ozite, sold out at this point, we should have it by next weekend.
http://www.sweepracingusa.com/produc...products_id=63

like we mentioned before, that formula is on it's own class, plesae do not compare it to other rubberz!

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 02-26-2010 at 08:39 PM.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:57 AM
  #63  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,816
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames View Post
NEXUS RACING now carrying Sweep Tires
yes
http://www.nexusracing.com/ check them out, a indoor track, lots of items in stock.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:56 AM
  #64  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,816
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hello guys

we been confirmed for the arrival of our next shipment, this Friday.

all the list at our site has been updated, please submit your order ASAP to reserve your tires.

we will ship all your orders on either Friday (Feb/4th) or Saturday(Feb/5th).

Thank you for your patient

see you at the track!

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 03-02-2010 at 09:12 AM.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:39 AM
  #65  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
TeamB&B's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,177
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Sweep EXP 36

Awesome !!!

We have been testing the Sweep EXP with the 36 compound for a few weeks now. All we can say is that these tires are awesome. Compared to the the EXP 30, these tires on carpet are even faster.

A good indicator how great these tires are is the
  • second lap
  • last lap
On carpet, we look for the sound that the tire makes when the car makes it's initial turn in. It is a chirping sound (hear in video). This sound is made when the wheel's slip angle will initially slide and fight for grip. The pitch and the length of this chirping sound is important. Also which lap that this sound will start and will it continue until the end of the 6 minute run. High grip with no sound is a good indicator that a traction roll is coming.

The Sweep EXP 36 got it all !!

Tires prepared with Jack-the-Gripper/full front and rear. XRAY T3 - 13.5 with spool.

Listen to the sound of the initial grip
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


XRAY T3 test mule
TeamB&B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:26 AM
  #66  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,816
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeamB&B View Post
Awesome !!!

We have been testing the Sweep EXP with the 36 compound for a few weeks now. All we can say is that these tires are awesome. Compared to the the EXP 30, these tires on carpet are even faster.



A good indicator how great these tires are is the
  • second lap
  • last lap
On carpet, we look for the sound that the tire makes when the car makes it's initial turn in. It is a chirping sound (hear in video). This sound is made when the wheel's slip angle will initially slide and fight for grip. The pitch and the length of this chirping sound is important. Also which lap that this sound will start and will it continue until the end of the 6 minute run. High grip with no sound is a good indicator that a traction roll is coming.

The Sweep EXP 36 got it all !!

Tires prepared with Jack-the-Gripper/full front and rear. XRAY T3 - 13.5 with spool.



XRAY T3 test mule
nice .

good point of view, we will be at RCMadness for their March Madness race this weekend. open tire rule, best rubber guys will be all there reperesenting all the rubber manufactures.

should be fun to watch, see you all at the track!
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:25 PM
  #67  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,816
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hey Guys Thank you for all the surpport.

we just add 4 more dealers to our list and we re going to end our introductory direct offer on all Sedan tires set as of Mid night Sunday, 11:59PM to be exact.

please surpport our dealers or your LHS with our tires orders, if your Local Hobby Shop or tracks don't know about us yet, have them call us today.

again Thank you.

Team Sweep Racing USA.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:38 PM
  #68  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

may i know what is the good prep for this tyres on carpet??
Sweep QTS pre mount 32 degree

Thanks
kschu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:47 PM
  #69  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,816
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kschu View Post
may i know what is the good prep for this tyres on carpet??
Sweep QTS pre mount 32 degree

Thanks
for QTS on Carpet, we clean them with motor spray then tweak them before the 1st run...

then after each run clean with a motor spray then straight coat of tire sauce.

thanks
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:22 PM
  #70  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
for QTS on Carpet, we clean them with motor spray then tweak them before the 1st run...

then after each run clean with a motor spray then straight coat of tire sauce.

thanks
hi, may i know what tyre sauce u will recommend for this tyres?

during med grip and high grip carpet.

thanks
kschu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:31 AM
  #71  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,816
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kschu View Post
hi, may i know what tyre sauce u will recommend for this tyres?

during med grip and high grip carpet.

thanks
try our X2
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/product_view.asp?pg_no=1&n_p=&cmd=login&c_p_id=&p_ id=33&p_keyword=&s_maker_id=&s_cate_id=&s_order=&c art_seq=&c_option_id=&c_qty=1
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:46 PM
  #72  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (66)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Carpet spec tire

I had a chance to run the carpet tire today and I can say that this is the most consistant tire I have ran, no change from the first minute till the last, and did I mention fast. Very happy!
Gwoodrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:51 AM
  #73  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc View Post
I had a chance to run the carpet tire today and I can say that this is the most consistant tire I have ran, no change from the first minute till the last, and did I mention fast. Very happy!
hi, may i knw which model of tyres u using ?
kschu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:35 PM
  #74  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (66)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kschu View Post
hi, may i knw which model of tyres u using ?
The 36-wp carpet spec, very consistant and fast tire.
Gwoodrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:33 AM
  #75  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,816
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kschu View Post
hi, may i knw which model of tyres u using ?
Originally Posted by Gwoodrc View Post
The 36-wp carpet spec, very consistant and fast tire.

Thank you for your input, yes we are convincing drivers one at a time. EXP is faster than the Sorex while wear like a SPEC tire.

We had a Great outing at RC madness yesterday, reports will be coming in soon.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service