Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by shesha
Its a tire cleaner after every run clean ur tires out with x1 and wipe off the liquid with a clean cloth then add x2 or x3 depending what u race on

Thankz for the info mate. Gonna to have its soon.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Really??
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
X1 is very good on high grip tracks. It's actually just a very "light" traction compound. I like it when it when the track gets very hot. Helps keep the tires a little cooler, and prevents them from overheating.

-Korey
I've found the same. When a controlled tyre event has the weather conditions close to the tyres rating I find it's that little tweak you need.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I bought a set of the sweep Exp tires and 5 minutes into my first run on them the tire ripped apart. The belt tore cleanly like it wasn't bonded properly, and tore right along the belt almost all the way around the tire, the sidewalls stayed glued to the wheels. Was it a defective tire? Or was it some kind of bad luck or error on my part? Is there any kind of recourse if I contact the company?
Old 08-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well according to sweep aslong as you were not free reving the tires then you are covered i guess.

I have had a couple of them with a bad finish, they look like they have chicken pox on them or something, ran just fine no issues.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
I've found the same. When a controlled tyre event has the weather conditions close to the tyres rating I find it's that little tweak you need.
I am assuming you guys are referring this to running the compound on asphalt and not carpet.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KniteWulfe
I bought a set of the sweep Exp tires and 5 minutes into my first run on them the tire ripped apart. The belt tore cleanly like it wasn't bonded properly, and tore right along the belt almost all the way around the tire, the sidewalls stayed glued to the wheels. Was it a defective tire? Or was it some kind of bad luck or error on my part? Is there any kind of recourse if I contact the company?
If you are in the Korea, please contact Korea office direct, www.sweepracing.com could be a glue job or a weak belt.

Well according to sweep aslong as you were not free reving the tires then you are covered i guess.

I have had a couple of them with a bad finish, they look like they have chicken pox on them or something, ran just fine no issues.

yes, a free revving with a Tekin is most dangerous maneuver for any rubber tires.

chicken pox: yes those are from dust ona CA nozzle time to time, we will clean the CA nozzle more often. thank you have a good weekend
Old 08-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KniteWulfe
All the sets of sweeps we have purchased in the past have ALL torn in a run or two.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
All the sets of sweeps we have purchased in the past have ALL torn in a run or two.
cmon, mine lasted for three. now I'm using sorex or muchmore.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by cheehtae
cmon, mine lasted for three. now I'm using sorex or muchmore.
we had one batch in that area that we exchanged for who have a proof of purchase. if you still have set that torn down, please contact local team drivers or [email protected] direct.

thanks
Old 08-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I didn't free rev them at all, I know better

I'll contact sweep tomorrow, I have proof of purchase. Thanks.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
we had one batch in that area that we exchanged for who have a proof of purchase. if you still have set that torn down, please contact local team drivers or [email protected] direct.

thanks
I did exchange them.. you guys sent me two replacement sets. One set looked pretty good, and I got a grand total of 4 runs out of them before they were basically useless.. and the other set had 1 tire with a bad seam... after 1 run practice run, there was a 1 to 1.5 inch split in the tire right down the seam.. it didn't seperate completely, but I certainly wasn't going to race with it.

So while I apprecaite the service in replacing my 2 bad sets... in all, I got about 5 total runs for $80. The math speaks for itself.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I am assuming you guys are referring this to running the compound on asphalt and not carpet.
I am
Old 08-22-2010, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA

thanks

sent you a pm
Old 08-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by cheehtae
sent you a pm
back at you. hmm. that s something we never heard of it yet, perhaps we want to take a look at them to prevent to happens again.

thanks

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 08-24-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Company Representative

I did exchange them.. you guys sent me two replacement sets. One set looked pretty good, and I got a grand total of 4 runs out of them before they were basically useless.. and the other set had 1 tire with a bad seam... after 1 run practice run, there was a 1 to 1.5 inch split in the tire right down the seam.. it didn't seperate completely, but I certainly wasn't going to race with it.

So while I apprecaite the service in replacing my 2 bad sets... in all, I got about 5 total runs for $80. The math speaks for itself.

so a normal set lasted you 4 runs, is that in Mod or Stock racing? how many runs do you normally get from a set of other tires? just curious to know.

also a 1inch split? hmmm...we had that in a single batch in very ealry tires, and we took all those back. if you have can have a tires back for us to look at them, we will much apreciated.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.