Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Important For ne1 considering using RC-Mushroom >

Important For ne1 considering using RC-Mushroom

Important For ne1 considering using RC-Mushroom

Old 03-23-2004, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Default Important For ne1 considering using RC-Mushroom

Just a word of warning to all.......

I placed an order with these people on the 15th for 2X alex racing barracuda's in blue stateing in the notes section of the order form that if infact they did not have stock i would like the order cancelled.

Later that day i recieved a mail confirming my order

The following day another mail with an attachment for me to fill out and fax back which i did within 6hours of them sending it to me

The next day 17th i get a mail confirming stock of the kits (this is after i mailed them again asking for confirmation of stock)and saying that they'll be sent as soon as payment is confirmed.

20th after mailing them to ask why my order is still showing as processing i'm told they only have 1 kit and am asked if i like just 1 and a refund on the other ????? I reply that i,m very upset and do not want just 1 but think that they should pay postage on the 2 when they get them

22nd recieve mail saying that "them paying postage is not possible" but they will cancel order if i want

i reply saying that i want them to send out kits when they arrive but in the mean time i'll try to find another stockist from which to buy

They reply saying they think i forget to cancel and will do it for me so i cannot forget to inform them!!!

23rd i reply asking why can't they just do as i ask and recieve the reply that they do not keep a track of back orders and so this is not possible

i reply later in the day saying i found another stockist with the BARRACUDA'S in stock so am happy for them to have cancelled the order

Later in the day i check my credit card balance only to find RC-Mushrrom have billed me $5732.50 hongkong dollars payed by my Credit Card Company on the 18th ????????
For products they do not have instock, have not sent out and indeed cancelled the order for altogether on the 22nd

I have now taken this matter up with my CARD COMPANY and wait to see what the out come is......................

Admins plz don't move this post as i really believe it,s important for everyone to know and it'll get good coverage on the main electric page
Old 03-23-2004, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

$743.42 in american $$.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:52 PM

That's why I hardly do credit card for overseas purchase. PayPal is the way to go.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Sue them for fraud.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Merciless....arh my man....sorry 'about your hassles.......but you got to stick to a reputable company. On a personal level, I prefer to deal strictly with Towerhobbies. If they don't carry what I need, I jot off to my LHS and ask them to get it for me. Considering I live in South Africa, the LHS will be about 20% than Tower, but the risk and hassle is on them, its worth the extra if i have to avoid what you're going thru.

But my comments duzzint really help your situation. Make the retailer know that you will take action and yes you're right, the card company can also fight this battle on your behalf.

Good luck
Old 03-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by Punkynutt
Merciless....arh my man....sorry 'about your hassles.......but you got to stick to a reputable company. On a personal level, I prefer to deal strictly with Towerhobbies. If they don't carry what I need, I jot off to my LHS and ask them to get it for me. Considering I live in South Africa, the LHS will be about 20% than Tower, but the risk and hassle is on them, its worth the extra if i have to avoid what you're going thru.

But my comments duzzint really help your situation. Make the retailer know that you will take action and yes you're right, the card company can also fight this battle on your behalf.

Good luck
same here i do the same thing too!
Old 03-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

They billed you on the 18th of this month and your order was canceled yesterday and your expecting your money to be billed back the same day? Its going to take a couple days for them to credit your card..............

And Im lost on why you thought they should pay for shipping because they only had one in stock?
Old 03-23-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, its VERY uncommon for a company to actually charge your card until they have an item in stock. I could see charging you for the one....but not the one in stock....its also common if they decide to ship part of the order, that they pick up the shipping on the backorder....

Why not just buy the cars from Speedtech RC? Aren't they the Barracuda dealer outside of Asia? They have good prices from what I understand.....

Later EddieO
Old 03-23-2004, 10:43 PM
R/C Tech Founder

At the risk of looking like I am kissing up to advertisers, I read through the post a few times and I really don't see them doing anything wrong. It doesn't sound like they are trying to rip you off, just that they made a mistake on the amount of stock.

If I were a company and I got an email saying "Go ahead and order a second kit for me but I will be looking for another place to order from in the meantime" I would probably cancel the customer's order as well. They made a mistake in the stock listing but it sounds like they were willing to cancel the order with no harm done.

Anyway, that's just my take on it. I can understand the frustration but it doesn't sound like they are trying to rip you off.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Important For ne1 considering using RC-Mushroom

I've read over this post several times as well and came down to this sentence:

Originally posted by Merciless
i reply saying that i want them to send out kits when they arrive
I was confused with why you went ahead and told them to send out the kits and yet go out and get the kits somewhere else. The way I see it, this sentence tells them to go forward with the order and charge the credit card.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Neil Rabara and futureal

They must have not known there stock levels when they charged my card for the order then ??? Surely you would expect any company to at least check they have a product before charging you ??

You also seem to be taking another sentence out of context or i probably didn't write it very well.They were not ordering another kit espicially for me simiply waiting for there order to arrive from Alex Racing, So my "take" on the situation was i don't just want to go to the back of another PRE-ORDER queue if RC-Mushroom were to get there order quickly enough that i hadn't found a stockist else where that really could supply them.I also said in the mail that if i found another supplier i would contact them to cancel the order! ***The reason i thought they should pay the postage was by way of compensation for the delays and what i would call lia's about there stock levels, considering i had payed for and expected express delivery***

To be very honest and frank about this. If Steve at speedtech had them instock when i first ordered them THATS WHERE I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THEM FROM my service from them has always been great(but i wanted the kits quickly and RC-Mushroom said they had them INSTOCK Via there web site and it was confirm by there staff prior to the bomb shell from King the store owner !!!!).

At the end of the day i don't think there trying to rip me off badly either. (just charging me for something they don't have and then not refunding me when they cancelled the order)

I just have 3 major concerns about anyone using RC-Mushroom

1)I just think it's very bad practice and maybe illegeal to charge some one for something you don't have ??

2)Tell the customer over a 5 day period that you DO have enough stock to fill the order only for the store owner to e-mail me replying that the reason it's taking so long to process the order is infact that they have only 1 car not 2 !!

3)Cancel the order from there system without refunding the customer, surely that is the way refunds are forgotten about ??

Last edited by Merciless; 03-24-2004 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default That Also Happened

to my friend who ordered parts from RCModel. He was billed then later was emailed that some of the parts are not in stock and that they are on Back order. That's bad because I was the one who referred him to them.

I do most of my Hop Up Purchase Online, I think, its just proper for these companies to:
1: check first the items availability and reserve it right away, then email the consumer that it is available or its not on stock, before they charge you.

2: before these companies charge your card, they should make sure that it is clear to you what they are going to charge you with
(items, quantity, shipping) and how much.

Its just sad. That's why I order mostof my stuff from rainbowten. They are a bit expensive but easy to deal with. Now if only PAYPAL is available here in Manila. It will be easier for us RC Freaks here.

Peace and Happy Racing!

Lem
Old 03-24-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I'm with futureal...your message was confusing to read but you've told them that you want them to both refund your money and send the kits when they receive them all while you're looking to buy them from somewhere else?

I can see where the confusion is...
Old 03-24-2004, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

dr_hfuhuhurr

A couple of points to help make my post easier to understand then

1) i NEVER asked for a refund until the 23rd (please bear in mind i had only found out earlier that day i had already been charged.I wrongly assumed i wouldn't be charged for the products till they had them in stock or were sendng them to me)when i also informed them that cancelling the order as They had done would be the right thing to do as i had placed an order with SPEEDTECH for the kits.

2)I believe the only confusion was caused by RC-Mushroom lying about there stock levels for a week then having to come clean after they had billed my card for the order ??

3) Previous to the 23rd i had never asked RC-Mushroom to cancel my order.I simiply informed them that in light of there extremely poor service i would be looking to purchase else where if i could find a dealer with stock.But i would inform them if i managed it to cancel the order.( again please remember prior to the 23rd i didn't know and wasn't told i had already been charged for the kits)

Seems simple and straight forward enough to me ?????

Last edited by Merciless; 03-24-2004 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

hey dont complain atleast ur getting a refund give it a few days to go through, they sound pretty decent, ive oredered through them twice before.

one time with another hobby joint they emailed me saying no stock, so i just said cancel, 4 months later my card was changed and i got what i had canceled in the mail, lucky it was only a body.. :P

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.