Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
M04M Alfa Gullia Sprint or M03 Mini Cooper? >

M04M Alfa Gullia Sprint or M03 Mini Cooper?

M04M Alfa Gullia Sprint or M03 Mini Cooper?

Old 09-17-2004, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks,

Is the internal tranny ratio for the 04m and 03l the same? They both use the same size tires right? Just curious as to what pinion I have to use to compete fairly with the 03l at my local track, they try and stick to the tcs rules. I know if I take a 1/8 drill bit and run it throught the motor mount holes that I can install an in between pinion. Like on my old 03 I had a 21 on their from time to time.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

THe IR is the same but the gearbox spacing is 1 tooth off an all of the holes. If you can run the 21 it makes the car a bullet. If rules don't allow you will have to run the 19 which cuts the nuts off this car on the straight. A 20T is the largest the 03 can run in its 'box
Old 09-17-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I also ordered the mini oil filled shock set. Is this shock set going to allow for the droop that you talked about earlier in this thread.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

The answer totally depends on track layout, allowed gearing and traction. I have a M03 that dominates on tight tracks and will turn under all M03L, M04M and especially M04L. However, on a lange flowing track with few if any sharp corners, the M04M would be my choice. With the same conditions and unlimited gear restrictions, the larger tires will give better straight speed and maintains momentum better.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whip you are resurrected good to see you around here. Like Erik said if the track is tight the RWD is not an advantage. If it opens up hold on the 04 carries way more corner speed.

King as far as droop it should be 3 o-rings instead of 4 for the Super mini shock. This is shorter than the aluminum bodies.