R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-28-2004, 07:30 AM   #1
Suspended

Cool Airtronics or Novak?

I have an Airtronics receiver (92237) that came with my Caliber 3PS. I also have a Novak XXL. Which one would you use?
tmeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 08:43 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Theres pro's and cons of both. The airtonics is bigger, so if you concerned about weight or limited space, then go with the novak. I find airtronic rx's to be very smooth, better than novak rx's, thats why on my losi i run the super micro rx, it is very small(basically the same size as a novak), but is smoother. With you, heres a little chart.
Airtronics- bigger, smoother
Novak-smaller, little less smooth.
Both have great support too! If you have both rx's on hand, try them, and see if you notice a difference.
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 09:20 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

why dosn't novak make transmitters?.....they make just about everything else
h22ah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 10:35 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

There probably workin on it, they just came out with batteries, i would think a transmitter would be next, either that or a car. I think to come out with a transmitter is harder, there are soo many companies that people are hooked with, a new company making transmitters may be a bit harder than batteries.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:26 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Beeb

It'd be interesting to see a bright orange transmitter!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 09:14 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Beeb
It'd be interesting to see a bright orange transmitter!
can't miss that in a pit area .........if they do alot of poeple will get them just for the novak name......i mean most everyone has al least something form novak .........both my reciver and esc is novak...so why not have a matcing trans.even if it is a bit inferior
h22ah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 02:49 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by pro3racer
Theres pro's and cons of both. The airtonics is bigger, so if you concerned about weight or limited space, then go with the novak. I find airtronic rx's to be very smooth, better than novak rx's, thats why on my losi i run the super micro rx, it is very small(basically the same size as a novak), but is smoother. With you, heres a little chart.
Airtronics- bigger, smoother
Novak-smaller, little less smooth.
Both have great support too! If you have both rx's on hand, try them, and see if you notice a difference.
How do you tell if a receiver is smoother, a speed I could understand but a receiver.
DYNO94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 03:24 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

with steering, and how good the control is, which means that the radio is so glitch free, that when you turn the wheel, or hit the gas, theres no jurking, it's smooth. Also, you can go further. It's hard to explain it, it's more of a feel thing, if you get me.