R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-27-2004, 09:04 PM   #16
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

Quote:
Originally posted by True R/C Racing
Speediephatt Do you use any of the features in the charger otehr than charging? Like the discharge mode, cycling etc. I just got one today and don't know where to start at. Also Where u set ur Mv like 5mv And what would be the difference in Raising and loweringThanks. I had a charger before this a millenium pro but my friend set everything when i first started (2 years ago) and I never touched that setting again.
"5mv" is the voltage threshold. The standard voltage threshhold for a GP3300, Sanyo 3300, or Panasonic 3000 is 6 to 8 MV(millivolts). This means that the voltage threshhold will be set from 24mv to 32mv for a 4 cell pack, and 36mv to 48mv for a 6 cell pack. This varies on packs and chargers.

For example, the Team Associated guys like to use a slightly lower threshold (6mv per cell) when ambient temp is high to help keep the cells from overheating right before the race. For cooler ambient temps, slightly higher voltage thresholds of 8mv per cell will help to keep a little more heat in the cell when the surroundings are cool.

Note: Not responsible for damage of battery packs.
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 09:11 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL

Note: Not responsible for damage of battery packs.
My battery got messed up You Owe me a new set. Ok I got you
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 11:10 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking

Get a GFX.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 12:11 AM   #19
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

Hey Bill,

Do you run at RCtech occassionally?

Ill probably be there when Series 2 begins.
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 02:58 AM   #20
Tech Master

I only use the charge and discharge features of it. I never have a need to cycle anything. I set it at 5mv for 6cell and 3mv for 4 cell. If its cold or I wanna really heat em up good for a race ill set the 6cell at 7 or 8mv when repeaking. I do use it to equalize also. I use an old discharge tray thats gutted and discharge one at a time. This is not the recomended whay to do it but its what I had to work with. A good discharge tray is in my future. As well as a GFX.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:54 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Quasar Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by picco007
I had a wierd thing happen today at the track. I was charging a pack and it was about 20 or more minutes into the charge and I heard this beeping, and the screen said "Input voltage 10v error" not too sure that's exactly the wording but I tried to re charge that pack and kept getting that message. The pack was warm to touch and it seemed fine but I had to finish the charge on another charger. Has anyone had that problem? I would appreciate any information. By the way it seemed to do this on older packs.......one one set of newer packs it seemed to charge just fine.
This happens when the outlet you are using, has a sudden surge of electricity or there were a lot of guys using the outlets (OCTOPUS conections), that the energy fluctuates!!! That is frustrating on us, it happens to the also the the other great chargers!!!! If that happens asked around if their chargers also falsed peak or acting weird-- if your the only one, then like what they say its time to buy a new one.
Or if you are using a power supply the outlet it's plug on to is not pumping enoug juice! Best thing to do is bring a Voltage regulator!!!!! just a small one!

Peace and Happy racing!
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 06:30 AM   #22
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: Quasar Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by picco007
I had a wierd thing happen today at the track. I was charging a pack and it was about 20 or more minutes into the charge and I heard this beeping, and the screen said "Input voltage 10v error" not too sure that's exactly the wording but I tried to re charge that pack and kept getting that message. The pack was warm to touch and it seemed fine but I had to finish the charge on another charger. Has anyone had that problem? I would appreciate any information. By the way it seemed to do this on older packs.......one one set of newer packs it seemed to charge just fine.
Tell those guys to get their own generator....why should you put your equipment at risk? My air compressor pulls a ton of amps, that's why I normally don't let anyone tap into my power supply. You guys had 5 guys on 1 generator plus a compressor! Next time bring that sweet Honda of yours.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:23 AM   #23
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Neil
Default Re: Re: Quasar Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by lem2
This happens when the outlet you are using, has a sudden surge of electricity or there were a lot of guys using the outlets (OCTOPUS conections), that the energy fluctuates!!! That is frustrating on us, it happens to the also the the other great chargers!!!! If that happens asked around if their chargers also falsed peak or acting weird-- if your the only one, then like what they say its time to buy a new one.
Or if you are using a power supply the outlet it's plug on to is not pumping enoug juice! Best thing to do is bring a Voltage regulator!!!!! just a small one!

Peace and Happy racing!
I was having that problem too with my quasar. I would be charging a pack then it would just wig out. It was saying the pack voltage was 13v! It turned out to be the 120v circut I was plugged into was waaay overloaded. So I bring a long cord along when I race and plug into a remote outlet. Problem solved.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 10:36 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
Hey Bill,

Do you run at RCtech occassionally?

Ill probably be there when Series 2 begins.
When I can get there on Tuesday night, I usually just watch until about 10:00 PM and then get my butt home to bed. Gotta admire those dedicated guys (and gal) that stick it out to the end. RC Tech night racing rocks (not to be confused with rctech.net)!

If they could only start earlier...For the old guys (me!).

That's where I got my Reedy Quasar Pro...To get back to the subject...He, he...

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 10:45 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007
Default Re: Re: Quasar Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by P2
Tell those guys to get their own generator....why should you put your equipment at risk? My air compressor pulls a ton of amps, that's why I normally don't let anyone tap into my power supply. You guys had 5 guys on 1 generator plus a compressor! Next time bring that sweet Honda of yours.

Yeah, your right. I just thought about how many were plugged in to the generator. Next time there will be another generator there which will be mine. Talk to you later.
picco007 is offline   Reply With Quote