R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Corally 1/12 Pan Car (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/366851-corally-1-12-pan-car.html)

gentleman 02-02-2010 12:51 PM

Corally 1/12 Pan Car

:smile:Hello, I am new to this. I just purchased a 1/12 Corally pan car off of Ebay, and it was suppose to be a rolling chassis with IRS front suspension. I need to know where to find the parts and the correct set-up for this car. I know its missing the rear shock and parts for the front like i guess ride height adjusters or springs. Is it true that alot of the 1/12 parts are interchangable? Any help will be appreciated!

heretic 02-02-2010 01:15 PM

We need pictures, or at least a detailled description.

Are the wheels black with a plastic e-clip?

Or do they use screws to be held ? I dunno waht exctly you mean by IRS front end but to my knowledge the only corally that can receive IRS front parts would be the SP12X-WC edition ( the one with an "american" front end .)

All the others and previous are very Corally specific.

BullFrog 02-02-2010 04:59 PM

I would take afew pictures of the chassis and send it to Corally USA/Superior Hobbies. After you send the pictures and question call them up.They are located in Orlando Fla.The center shock is an Associated Shock.

J.Whiting 02-02-2010 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by gentleman (Post 6946049)
:smile:Hello, I am new to this. I just purchased a 1/12 Corally pan car off of Ebay, and it was suppose to be a rolling chassis with IRS front suspension. I need to know where to find the parts and the correct set-up for this car. I know its missing the rear shock and parts for the front like i guess ride height adjusters or springs. Is it true that alot of the 1/12 parts are interchangable? Any help will be appreciated!

send picks to [email protected] or send me a pm. i will help you find the parts you need. jeremy

gentleman 02-03-2010 05:23 PM

5 Attachment(s)
heretic,
they are held on by screws. But here are some pictures:

J.Whiting 02-03-2010 05:34 PM

go to here http://www.corallyusa.com/ then go to instruction manuals click sp12x download the file and go to page 9 and every part you need will be in that page for the front end. buy thru supperior hobbies or right off corally's site while you are there. or you can have your local hobby shop order them. i also think the associated front end is the same from the 12l4 or 12r5 or 12r5.1 also. jeremy

BullFrog 02-03-2010 05:41 PM

Your correct on what it is.The Associated frontend is what came with the car. Also the assoicated center shock (but I'd get a CRC shock). Good car.

corallyman 02-03-2010 05:47 PM

Jeremy replied a good answer to you but I would like to correct a thing or two. Associated's new car is called a 12R5 and now 12R5.1. They never made a 12L5. The "L" stopped at the 12L4. The L4 and the R5 do not share front ends, they are not the same and will not work as drop on units. What you have is a associated 12L4 front end with IRS lower front arms. This is the front end on your Corally 12X. The spare lower arms in the other picture next to the other chassis plate are the standard front lower arms by associated.

No need to do anything besides buy your missing parts. You can find them from Corally or Associated or even other brands. Do what Jeremy said and download your Corally's product manual and get your missing parts. Many shocks with fit your car and quite a few of them are very similar. Once you find a part that you want and if your not sure if its the correct one then ask more questions here.

Steve

J.Whiting 02-03-2010 05:48 PM

yes good car but when you get the lipo kit from corally the car is even better. for the price of the lipo kit the handling is well worth the money spent on the kit... the crc shock is very good i run the hot bodies shock on mine and have been very happy also.

correct thanks corallyman i made corrections to my post. i forgot associated made 2 new 12th"s in the last year. i dont pay much attention to other car brands. i just look at them and see the good and bad they have made and try to make our cars better..... jeremy

gentleman 02-03-2010 06:08 PM

I appreciate all the help, but I tried to download the manual and it keeps asking me to select the encoding to make the document readable? Im lost! And if anyone have any spare parts that you can see that I may need and maybe would like to sell them, please let me know.

J.Whiting 02-03-2010 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by gentleman (Post 6952830)
I appreciate all the help, but I tried to download the manual and it keeps asking me to select the encoding to make the document readable? Im lost! And if anyone have any spare parts that you can see that I may need and maybe would like to sell them, please let me know.

file is in pdf form. go to the internet get abobe reader. download that it will take about 10 min. to install then you will be able to see everything with no problems. looks for shure front springs, steering posts for servo, servo linkage, rear shock assembly... jeremy

chris moore 02-03-2010 07:11 PM

A few things to add; the AE dynamic front end(what you have there on your car) did'nt come as standard equipment from corally except on the SP12X-WC edition car as Heritic mentioned. So if you download the manual for the SP12X the parts, and diagrams will be for the corally front end not the AE front end you have. Its hard to say if this is the WC car as many racers swapped out the corally front end for the AE one because the corally one had a rep for being quite fiddely to get setup.

Second if you want to run 1cell lipo you will have to run the lipo on one side, electronics on the other or buy the conversion kit as mentioned.

Third, you will need some long corally specific pinions to get full gear mesh. This is a good carpet car, I had this car myself for a short time, it can be very fast.

J.Whiting 02-04-2010 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by chris moore (Post 6953192)
A few things to add; the AE dynamic front end(what you have there on your car) did'nt come as standard equipment from corally except on the SP12X-WC edition car as Heritic mentioned. So if you download the manual for the SP12X the parts, and diagrams will be for the corally front end not the AE front end you have. Its hard to say if this is the WC car as many racers swapped out the corally front end for the AE one because the corally one had a rep for being quite fiddely to get setup.

Second if you want to run 1cell lipo you will have to run the lipo on one side, electronics on the other or buy the conversion kit as mentioned.

Third, you will need some long corally specific pinions to get full gear mesh. This is a good carpet car, I had this car myself for a short time, it can be very fast.

niftech sells pinion adaptors so you can run any pinion you would like in any pitch. the adaptor is around 25 bucks. works great on any 12th to get the maximum wheel base... jeremy

corallyman 02-04-2010 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by chris moore (Post 6953192)

I only found one downloadable manual for the 12X on the link provided and it included instructions and parts numbers for both front ends. Also I am 95% sure that Corally offered the dynamic strut front end on the 12XUSA edition which was before the WC edition.

Secondly, if no lipo has been purchased yet, and is needed, he can buy the speedzone saddle lipo for his car. That is why it was made.:nod:

Steve

wingman2 02-04-2010 01:10 PM

The orginal 12X was the Euro version (Corally front end, Corally wheels/axle unit more slots in chassis), then the 12X US version (Corally front end, US wheels/diff unit/ less slots in chassis) and then the WC version which uses the US wheels on an Associated front end (plus a t-shirt in the box!)

They then brough out a LiPo conversion chassis that still uses the 12x platform, but puts the LiPo on either side of the t-bar.

Corally USA have released a LiPo Link chassis which uses the pod from the 12X, this is a great car and is the one I am using myself at the moment!

Lastly, Corally are just about to release their own LiPo link car which should be out anytime now.

Hope that helpd a little!

Cheers!