R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   novak gt7 with vantage/revolution motor (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/36685-novak-gt7-vantage-revolution-motor.html)

sturla 03-27-2004 03:28 AM

novak gt7 with vantage/revolution motor

Seems to me the novak gt7 don`t work properly with the new motors from team orion and peak. They get very hot and the performance isn`t any good.
Someone with a solution or with the same problem?

ultragraffics 03-27-2004 10:00 AM

What profile are you running and how is the motor geared? What vehicle... etc etc

sturla 03-27-2004 11:09 AM

Running program 6, gearing about 8 with a surikarn 10*1 on a outdoor track. My car is a hpi pro4

spyderx 03-27-2004 02:37 PM

Try profile 4 or 5 for mod. Make sure you have the diode on there, it is REQUIRED. Make sure you have the capacitor on the gt7. Verify you are not overgeared. Is the motor hot?

True R/C Racing 03-27-2004 06:04 PM

yo spyd where u race in boston? When i used to live in LAwrence (45min away) I didnt even know of rc racing...:cool:

spyderx 03-27-2004 08:22 PM

Big Boys Toys in Taunton, MA. They have a huge carpet roadcourse, and a big outdoor dirt track that is great for 1/8th scale. I race a B4 in the summer, 1/12th and sedan in the winter. We have a very competitive club, several team drivers from Associated, Trinity, and Speedmerchant.

True R/C Racing 03-27-2004 08:29 PM

ahhh, i lived in Lawrence 12 years and played with tycos all my life until i Moved to florida.:cry: i would of loved to race in boston Carpet.

komkit 03-28-2004 05:58 AM

Running Hara's 10x1 (max timing) and 8x2 (2nd notch timing) with GT-7 profile 6 in my Yokomo SD. Running indoor carpet no problem here.

Also, Hara's 10x1 (1st notch timing) on my YRX-12WE with Novak Atom 3rd profile. No problem either.

JayBee 03-31-2004 06:50 PM

new to yokes

i just bought a yoke sd and i'm also thinking about running the hara 10x1 with the gt-7.
also airtronics digi servo (94748) w/ airtronics M8 with the nov syn.RF & syn.RX.
komkit how do i get everything to fit?
i'm new to the game so i'll need some advice on how to set my car up :D :D :D

komkit 04-01-2004 03:53 AM

Re: new to yokes

Originally posted by JayBee
i just bought a yoke sd and i'm also thinking about running the hara 10x1 with the gt-7.
also airtronics digi servo (94748) w/ airtronics M8 with the nov syn.RF & syn.RX.
komkit how do i get everything to fit?
i'm new to the game so i'll need some advice on how to set my car up :D :D :D

I am running indoor carpet, I'll glad to help out if I can.

http://home.comcast.net/~komkit/gt7yok.jpg

JayBee 04-01-2004 06:13 AM

Cooool

:nod:
Coooool

Thanks for the pic komkit (hey that rhymes); according to the instructions, I beveled the 4 corners of all the battery seats (not too much), did you do that?
Have you heard of swivel ball links, I think I'm going to invest in a couple of pairs to see how they workon the car. (I loathe the plastic ball cups)

I'll post a couple pics of the body and design that I came up with.
:D :nod: :D

ooh, I almost forgot, I'm also getting a complete set of ceramic bearings. What the main advantage over stock bearings? Drivetrain smoothness? Overall smoothness?
:nod:

komkit 04-01-2004 06:24 AM

No a problem.

Well, you have got to play with the drivetrain a bit. play with the drivtrain shims. You can find a lot of tips and tricks in the Yokomo SD forum here.

As far as the bearings. I am still using stock bearings. Never used ceramic bearings. I know they are smooth and all, but for the money. I'll invest the money in the tires, mortors and some batteries first.

Back to the toppic, you will like the V2 motors. I loved it. I smoked my GT-7 one time in 2 years.

Some people 1 time too many, heck I am an Electronic Engineering - I smoked things more than once a year. So, smoked speed control is nothing...

Jon Kerr 04-01-2004 02:18 PM

I run profile 2 or 3 for modified. Profile 6 is more for stock racing. If you drop down a few profiles you should not be getting that hot.