Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Frustrating Electronics Problem Thread... >

The Frustrating Electronics Problem Thread...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Frustrating Electronics Problem Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 02:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Another possibility. I have this trouble when running a hot motor with a Spektrum receiver. Here the car shuts down for a second under hard acceleration. The problem is that acceleration causes a voltage drop and the BEC can't but out the 6V the receiver needs. The receiver then goes into Failsafe, full brakes and steering straight ahead. As soon as this happens the voltage comes back up and the receiver comes back on line. It causes a kind of juddering acceleration. If none of the wires are shorting then perhaps this could be a problem, especially if you have the speed control set to some very aggressive setting. The solution for me was to make a voltage protector for the receiver, just a capacitor plugged into an empty slot on the receiver. This stores enough power to keep the receiver powered while the voltage comes back up. Not sure if you can do this with your receiver as it depends how it it wired.

This seems to be becoming more and more of a problem as 6V servos are getting more powerful and there are lots of things (fans, PT's etc) plugged into the receiver.

Just an idea

Ben
Old 02-03-2010, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by THancock
Knowing Steve as I do, and how the problem occurs mid way through the day, I'd put money on it being your hands getting all sweaty as the pressure starts to build and you're shorting out your transmitter

Or it could be something else completely
Haha.... Well if you didnt keep popping up to the meetings i go too, i wouldnt feel so much pressure

But cheers guys, just found out that saturday practise is cancelled, so hoping for the best on Sunday, have tried a capacitor too, no help, cant wait till outdoors kicks off, so i can rule out carpet fibre statics too

Will let youse know.