Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Serpent S100 World GT Chassis!!! >

Serpent S100 World GT Chassis!!!

Serpent S100 World GT Chassis!!!

Old 02-14-2012, 12:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
These parts are the same for the S100 and S120. Stormer sells the On Point side plates for the pod, which are stronger:

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...c=ns&pn=OP302B

The also have the top plate in stock. They don't have the rear X Brace. Sorry.
Are you sure that's the right part?
This is what it looks like... The part where the axle goes through should be round, not oval right?

Having a look at the on point website it looks like I need to use part number OB102B or OB102O?
Would I be right?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Yes, sorry he makes both the Serpent style round and the associated style oval plates. You definitly want the round ones, 102B or 102O.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:43 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FST4RD
Also the the alloy backing plate on these seems a bit weak... is there a better one available? perhaps a whole alloy rear end?
Get these then.

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...er-alu-p-24070
Old 02-14-2012, 12:54 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RoyU
Who makes the 235mm conversion that you have on your car?
Well, what do you think about this:
http://www.redrc.net/2012/02/toy-fair-2012-serpent/

Scroll down the page and look for S100 pictures.

Here is my car, with Serpent conversionset on it:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=99e08...5707E8D4EA!179
Old 02-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by M7H
thanks for that!
So if i get these along with the on point side pods it should make a nice strong rear end...

So where do people buy their wheels from? Trying to find an online store to buy them! Im wanting soft rears and hard fronts.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Regional Moderator

Hi all, trying to find some bits for my S100... I bent the rear end and want to get it built up again asap!
I found on Rcmushroom I can get the alloy motor pods, but I can't find the top carbon plate online... Anyone know of a website that sells all these parts that I can order all at once?
Also trying to find a place that sells WGT wheels, pink (soft) rear and hard fronts.
Can anyone help?

Also the the alloy backing plate on these seems a bit weak... is there a better one available? perhaps a whole alloy rear end?
Ah, the bane of running Serpent. Parts availability. Or lack thereof.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
As well as Xray, 3Racing, Taimya, HPI, Speed Passion...

Welcome to on-road carpet season...the lovely time when on-road parts are hard to find.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
A rather disrespectful comment I must say for a moderator.

Also as someone that has placed orders with three major manufacturers in the past week Serpent was the only one that had every part number needed in stock. Yes they may not have had the quantity desired but still had stock of everything. Can't seem to say that about the other two that were 90 to 98% out of stock on the entire order.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by MCSEDanny
A rather disrespectful comment I must say for a moderator.

Also as someone that has placed orders with three major manufacturers in the past week Serpent was the only one that had every part number needed in stock. Yes they may not have had the quantity desired but still had stock of everything. Can't seem to say that about the other two that were 90 to 98% out of stock on the entire order.
No, just personal experience from someone who has a Serpent S120, S120L, and S100.

Ask S400 owners about parts availability.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Hey all you World GT racers, have you signed up to race your Serpent S100 car at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals coming up on March 16? Hurry up and register before time runs out! Click here to get signed up.

Click HERE to see a countdown to the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals
Old 02-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all, trying to find some bits for my S100... I bent the rear end and want to get it built up again asap!
I found on Rcmushroom I can get the alloy motor pods, but I can't find the top carbon plate online... Anyone know of a website that sells all these parts that I can order all at once?
Also trying to find a place that sells WGT wheels, pink (soft) rear and hard fronts.
Can anyone help?

Im not sure where you are from but Amain, Stormer usually have a good supply of parts. If there is something they dont have I can usually locate it for you. The WGT tires, I don't know of anyone who sells those compounds specificly in the US but you could probably use 1/10 scale BSR oval tires if you want different compounds other than the spec compound. You wont be able to buy Spec WGT tires with a different compound than what is normal, lilac. The spec tires are available from Jaco, BSR and CRC.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chicky03
Im not sure where you are from but Amain, Stormer usually have a good supply of parts. If there is something they dont have I can usually locate it for you. The WGT tires, I don't know of anyone who sells those compounds specificly in the US but you could probably use 1/10 scale BSR oval tires if you want different compounds other than the spec compound. You wont be able to buy Spec WGT tires with a different compound than what is normal, lilac. The spec tires are available from Jaco, BSR and CRC.
Thanks, I managed to get the bits I wanted between Stormer and Rcmushroom. I ended up going for the On point side pods and the power rod rear stiffners. So hopefully these will be nice and strong.
Rcmushroom have Xceed WGT tyres, they're less then half the price the local hobby shop charges. We run soft rears and hard fronts here. Only thing is that they never have them in stock...
Old 02-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks, I managed to get the bits I wanted between Stormer and Rcmushroom. I ended up going for the On point side pods and the power rod rear stiffners. So hopefully these will be nice and strong.
Rcmushroom have Xceed WGT tyres, they're less then half the price the local hobby shop charges. We run soft rears and hard fronts here. Only thing is that they never have them in stock...
Are the 200mm and 235 mm pancar tires the same as far as wheel dimensions? If they are try www.rc4less.com
Old 03-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,

can I get some help with Tekin RS settings for 1s and also rollout for mid size carpet track.
I run LRP X12 5.5T

Thank you
Old 03-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey all, managed to get my S100 running today. Got it running pretty well.
I race on low grip ashphalt, I run 25 tyres on the back and the link set up sloppy as. Still having a few issues with rear grip and laying the power down. We run 13.5t with 2 cell lipos.
I was running quite a bit of droop in the rear shock. Is it better to wind the rear shock in to lessen the droop?

Anyone have any other suggestions/ideas to help me out?

Love this car to bits, just need a bit more grip in the rear end to make it perfect.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.