Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent S100 World GT Chassis!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vinster
The S100 now has the tube conversion, any one have a set up for this car , tried it with the Markus set up and it was awful, changing the caster blocks to 6 degrees and cell forward every thing else so far is kit.Only changing one thing at a time.
Car was brill round corners but any str8 car was every where under acceleration.
Originally Posted by MrChodes
Please tell me more. I went to Serpent website looking for tube conversion for S100 but could not find any info. Did you convert yourself or is there a conversion kit?
Originally Posted by orcadigital
On-Point racing has the conversion. Stormer Hobbies carries it.
You need serpent #411261, The onpoint conversion has the motor off set more than the std part so with the WGT you will not be able to get the rear end centered for certain brands of wheels. The onpoint one is more for 12th.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am so so gutted
Went out to the local track to practice with my S100. Ever since I have had it i have had nothing but problems getting it to handle the way I want.
Finally today I had it down and driving really well... until I went around a corner a bit fast... the rear tyre clipped the pit wall, nothing hard but the car made some funny noises. Stopped and realised that the whole engine mount was twisted Also chunked out a new tyre...
Luckily the axle wasn't bent from the looks of it, but going to need to order a whole new engine cradle...
Old 01-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Finally getting mine together. Hope to have the electronics install finished and everything setup by the weekend. Has the On-Point R5 front conversion and the rear damper tubes.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S100 World GT Chassis!!!-dsc_1042.jpg  
Old 01-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Finally getting mine together. Hope to have the electronics install finished and everything setup by the weekend. Has the On-Point R5 front conversion and the rear damper tubes.
Nice lookin' ride. I'm lovin' the wheel dots......
Old 01-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Did not see the damper tube kit in the On Point website.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Rookie

this is my car, i changed the motor mount rod few months ago which is much more better support at the back . In our local track,high speed asphalt, few car twisted the mount after slide and hit the wall with the origianl one.
Anyone knows what is the different between using the 0 degree upper arm mount and 6 upper arm mount? i also find out that my car need to preload the left rear side spring abit more to get balance the car, is it normal?
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S100 World GT Chassis!!!-rimg0131.jpg   Serpent S100 World GT Chassis!!!-rimg0130.jpg  
Old 01-24-2012, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RoyU
Did not see the damper tube kit in the On Point website.
It's just the tubes that are on point. The graphite is all serpent.

Originally Posted by nb576uk2004
this is my car, i changed the motor mount rod few months ago which is much more better support at the back . In our local track,high speed asphalt, few car twisted the mount after slide and hit the wall with the origianl one.
Anyone knows what is the different between using the 0 degree upper arm mount and 6 upper arm mount? i also find out that my car need to preload the left rear side spring abit more to get balance the car, is it normal?
6 will give you a little more turn in but less mid corner. The reason you need to add preloaded to one side is the speedo is super heavy compared to the other side. Maybe try putting the speedo on the left to off set the servo. You are still going to need to add weight to the right if you do that just not as much if you leave the speed on the right and add weight to the left.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

As you can see in the attached picture, the S100 nowadays comes with the carbon already prepaired for the tubes, just get yourself new carbon, and the existing tubeset, also used for the S120, and your done!
http://www.serpent.com/product/411259/

(in the picture you see my S100, with after market 235mm conversion set)
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S100 World GT Chassis!!!-s100-1.jpg  
Old 01-26-2012, 07:10 AM
avs
Tech Master

it looks like the kit now comes with the s120LT version pod.

but the front end plate and shock plate look modified.
the shock plate is a little problematic for battery connections, is that your mod is this how the new kit part is?

the front support plate is two parts, did you cut the single kit part in two?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by avs
it looks like the kit now comes with the s120LT version pod.

but the front end plate and shock plate look modified.
the shock plate is a little problematic for battery connections, is that your mod is this how the new kit part is?

the front support plate is two parts, did you cut the single kit part in two?
Both are modified. The front has been split into 2 pieces and the upper deck was also dremeled out for electronics placement behind the battery. Both were done by the previous owner, and well executed. I would not have known if there were not additional new uncut parts that came with it to compare.

I ended up moving things around a bit, turning the ESC 90* so that the wires all come up on one side of the shock instead of split. It felt ok to me, but a friend at the track advised the change just to make sure there is no binding of the rear pod. I did open the spaces around the battery connections a little, as the previous owner had run the battery the other way with the connections in front. I should have the electronics together before the end of the week and will get a revised pic up. I am very impressed with the chassis and design so far though.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Both are modified. The front has been split into 2 pieces and the upper deck was also dremeled out for electronics placement behind the battery. Both were done by the previous owner, and well executed. I would not have known if there were not additional new uncut parts that came with it to compare.

I ended up moving things around a bit, turning the ESC 90* so that the wires all come up on one side of the shock instead of split. It felt ok to me, but a friend at the track advised the change just to make sure there is no binding of the rear pod. I did open the spaces around the battery connections a little, as the previous owner had run the battery the other way with the connections in front. I should have the electronics together before the end of the week and will get a revised pic up. I am very impressed with the chassis and design so far though.
Sounds like you have a very good friend at the track you race at. He seems to really want to help get your car wired as perfect as possible.

At my track my "friends" just pick on me for putting a Lalaloopsy driver figure in my daughters VTA car.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MCSEDanny
Sounds like you have a very good friend at the track you race at. He seems to really want to help get your car wired as perfect as possible.

At my track my "friends" just pick on me for putting a Lalaloopsy driver figure in my daughters VTA car.
Quoted for truth. I cannot, and will not deny it...nor will I give you my Serpent! I'll let you drive it Saturday though.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M7H
As you can see in the attached picture, the S100 nowadays comes with the carbon already prepaired for the tubes, just get yourself new carbon, and the existing tubeset, also used for the S120, and your done!
http://www.serpent.com/product/411259/

(in the picture you see my S100, with after market 235mm conversion set)
Who makes the 235mm conversion that you have on your car?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all, trying to find some bits for my S100... I bent the rear end and want to get it built up again asap!
I found on Rcmushroom I can get the alloy motor pods, but I can't find the top carbon plate online... Anyone know of a website that sells all these parts that I can order all at once?
Also trying to find a place that sells WGT wheels, pink (soft) rear and hard fronts.
Can anyone help?

Also the the alloy backing plate on these seems a bit weak... is there a better one available? perhaps a whole alloy rear end?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

These parts are the same for the S100 and S120. Stormer sells the On Point side plates for the pod, which are stronger:

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...c=ns&pn=OP302B

The also have the top plate in stock. They don't have the rear X Brace. Sorry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.