Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Whats best for mod ??? >

Whats best for mod ???

Whats best for mod ???

Old 02-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Whats best for mod ???

Hi guys im hopeing you can help me make my mind up what i should be buying?

i currently run my 416we in 10.5t X11 brushless with a LRP SPX stock spec which is fast..

however i quite fancy moving up to mod prob around 4.0-5.0t

my question is do i really need to change my SPX for a better esc ie the SXX TC spec or will the SPX really be ok, it says it can run 3.5t has anyone tried it?
also i just havnt a clue what is the best motor to use, i was thinking speed passion or the LRP X12 can anyone shed any of the pro's and cons for these motors

thanks in advance for your replies
Old 02-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mark williams View Post
Hi guys im hopeing you can help me make my mind up what i should be buying?

i currently run my 416we in 10.5t X11 brushless with a LRP SPX stock spec which is fast..

however i quite fancy moving up to mod prob around 4.0-5.0t

my question is do i really need to change my SPX for a better esc ie the SXX TC spec or will the SPX really be ok, it says it can run 3.5t has anyone tried it?
also i just havnt a clue what is the best motor to use, i was thinking speed passion or the LRP X12 can anyone shed any of the pro's and cons for these motors

thanks in advance for your replies
From my personal experience and what I've heard on this forum and others, the Speed Passion motors have a lot of torque. With 13.5 I'm gearing at a slightly lower FDR to get the same top speed as the drivers running the Duo2, Nemesis, and the LRP X12; but I still have the same amount or more rip in the infield.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

For most tracks a 3.5t with the newer escs would be insane fast. I'd either give a 3.5 a try with what you have or upgrade your ESC and see how the 10.5 feels to you.

For 17.5/13.5 anyway I've heard the X12 is pretty nice and is a tad faster than the Duo2, SpeedPassion etc. All of the other motors (besides the X12) are basically the same. Again, this is what I've heard coming from a 17.5 and 13.5 background.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dane View Post
For most tracks a 3.5t with the newer escs would be insane fast. I'd either give a 3.5 a try with what you have or upgrade your ESC and see how the 10.5 feels to you.

For 17.5/13.5 anyway I've heard the X12 is pretty nice and is a tad faster than the Duo2, SpeedPassion etc. All of the other motors (besides the X12) are basically the same. Again, this is what I've heard coming from a 17.5 and 13.5 background.
The stock spec X12 is fast in stock. The old one was not.