Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Default F1 ESC

Is there an ESC with a blinking LED that can be attached to the rear end of the car like in real life? Preferably a led on a wire or some sort of coupling so you don't need to attach the whole thing out the back.

Brushed, of course.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

im pretty it was novak who made an esc with a blinking led. cant remember the model tho. but yeah we used use them when we ran f103's years ago
Old 02-01-2010, 03:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure the old Novak Explorer (possibly Explorer II) had built in brake light circuitry... had two little extra wires poking out of the case that you could connect up to an LED. Not 100% on the model, but they definately made one.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Is there an ESC with a blinking LED that can be attached to the rear end of the car like in real life? Preferably a led on a wire or some sort of coupling so you don't need to attach the whole thing out the back.

Brushed, of course.

Why not buy a blinking LED from Jaycar and attach it to the positive/negative of the battery wires
Old 02-01-2010, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Hmm, I was thinking something like the accelerator light real F1 cars have. Brake light you say? Hmm even more interesting.

From a manufacturer's point of view is quite easy to have an extra LEd output that would double the LEDs on the ESC itself. That way, brake, acceleration or both (functions) you get a nice flashing light going.

I am not that keen to open an ESC to hardwire the extra LED myself especially since it is quite likely some company already did it for me.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I used a small Y wire from the aux on my reciever and now I can use my transponder and red light for the rear

The light on the back of an F1 car is a rain light not a brake light so I have mine flashing all the time
Old 02-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Its really easy to make one. Check my blog on the link below. It costs about $2 and takes only a few minutes to make.

' How to make a flashing LED set' tutorial

http://thercracer.blogspot.com/2010/...-tutorial.html
Old 02-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Qatmix
Its really easy to make one. Check my blog on the link below. It costs about $2 and takes only a few minutes to make.

' How to make a flashing LED set' tutorial

http://thercracer.blogspot.com/2010/...-tutorial.html
It's easy to make a led flash (albeit I didn't understand how does yours do it. As far as I can figure yours lights up solid). That's not what I want. I want a led to flash like the LEDs on the Tekin BL speedy (RS/RS Pro) if you have seen those. And I don't want it because I've finished everything else and have nothing to do anymore, but I seem to remember seeing one of these lights some time ago when I raced in a club with a F1 class. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

It's easy to make a led flash (albeit I didn't understand how does yours do it. As far as I can figure yours lights up solid). That's not what I want. I want a led to flash like the LEDs on the Tekin BL speedy (RS/RS Pro) if you have seen those. And I don't want it because I've finished everything else and have nothing to do anymore, but I seem to remember seeing one of these lights some time ago when I raced in a club with a F1 class. Maybe I'm wrong.
Its a flashing led in my tutorial. so its like a real f1 car. It flashes all the time whilst you are racing. (like an F1 car in the wet or the pits). So unless I am mistaken this does everything you need.

You do know that f1 cars dont have brake lights dont you?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

So how does yours flash?

Got it. It's a flashing LED (built in circuitry). Missed that part the first time.

Not interested. That'll flash independent of the motor. I want something that'll flash as described above.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So how does yours flash?

Got it. It's a flashing LED (built in circuitry). Missed that part the first time.

Not interested. That'll flash independent of the motor. I want something that'll flash as described above.
Flashes with the motor? Sorry, but I am not familiar with the Tekin led...does the pulse quicken with throttle input?
Old 02-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Old Tech
Flashes with the motor? Sorry, but I am not familiar with the Tekin led...does the pulse quicken with throttle input?
Yep. And at top speed it's going in a really fast flash. On brake it goes solid red. (It's actually a bar of LEDs, seven I think).
Old 02-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

I installed this on my car. http://d-drivesportsenglish.com/inde...1ecd797a2619b3

Plugs into the Aux port on the receiver.

Brushed, of course.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skyline1015
I installed this on my car. http://d-drivesportsenglish.com/inde...1ecd797a2619b3

Plugs into the Aux port on the receiver.
my tutorial in the link above makes one of these but much cheaper
Old 02-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Qatmix
Its a flashing led in my tutorial. so its like a real f1 car. It flashes all the time whilst you are racing. (like an F1 car in the wet or the pits). So unless I am mistaken this does everything you need.

You do know that f1 cars dont have brake lights dont you?
They used to flash when brakes were not applied then come on solid under braking. I haven't paid enough attention to it recently to notice if it still does that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.