Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
BY ENERGY lipo batts...good? >

BY ENERGY lipo batts...good?

BY ENERGY lipo batts...good?

Old 02-01-2010, 01:44 AM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,556
Default BY ENERGY lipo batts...good?

Anybody has use BY ENERGY lipo batts before? How does it compare to like IP batts? Its pricing is very attractive. I just want to know before I order it.

HERE'S THE LINK for the pic

Thanks.
dameetz is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 09:26 AM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
Anybody has use BY ENERGY lipo batts before? How does it compare to like IP batts? Its pricing is very attractive. I just want to know before I order it.

HERE'S THE LINK for the pic

Thanks.
Buy it, then let us know. LOL. Kidding aside for that price I would get one. Just waiting for my batts to lose it' power before I buy another, and for sure this batt is going to be on my to buy list. Heck it's better to buy this than a used one.
Goodluck.
cheehtae is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 10:35 AM
  #3  
Tech Initiate
 
Koen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 35
Default

Hi,

I'm struggling with the same question: are these lipo's any good for racing purposes?

Anyone tried it yet?

Thanks!
Koen is offline  
Old 04-10-2010, 01:41 PM
  #4  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
cdkm jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 349
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Same here

I too was wondering about these batteries basd on their price alone. Has anyone since tried them or know the Burst Rate of these? There is also nothing mentioned as to if they come with the charge leads and balance plug. Just looking for a little info if anyone has purchased some of these packs or any of their other packs previously. Thanks
cdkm jr is offline  
Old 04-10-2010, 02:02 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,918
Default

At least BY is the winner of F1 class of last TITC.
mac853 is offline  
Old 04-10-2010, 05:21 PM
  #6  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,792
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I have run other no lable batteries from Hong Kong and they run very well , keeping up with lots of namebrands. The only thing is they are not R.O.A.R. approved..........
Slotmachine is offline  
Old 04-10-2010, 05:55 PM
  #7  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,556
Default

Originally Posted by cdkm jr View Post
I too was wondering about these batteries basd on their price alone. Has anyone since tried them or know the Burst Rate of these? There is also nothing mentioned as to if they come with the charge leads and balance plug. Just looking for a little info if anyone has purchased some of these packs or any of their other packs previously. Thanks
The batts come with no leads, for balancing its the same as the other direct connection batts (the port is in the middle between the main 4mm connector). The one I tried is 5400mAh 45C the hard casing is translucent (smoke colour) you can see the cells inside. Performance wise its on par with IP 5000mAh 40C.
dameetz is offline  
Old 04-11-2010, 11:03 AM
  #8  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
cdkm jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 349
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Slotmachine View Post
I have run other no lable batteries from Hong Kong and they run very well , keeping up with lots of namebrands. The only thing is they are not R.O.A.R. approved..........
I know how you feel with the ROAR process. Thankfully, all the tracks we race at do not require you to pay 2x/3x the price for a silly little lable. No reason to pay the extra money when you can buy a "No Lable" pack and compete. Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
The batts come with no leads, for balancing its the same as the other direct connection batts (the port is in the middle between the main 4mm connector). The one I tried is 5400mAh 45C the hard casing is translucent (smoke colour) you can see the cells inside. Performance wise its on par with IP 5000mAh 40C.
Thanks for the info. I will most likly be ordering a few of these packs for our outdoor season coming up. I cant justify paying 3x as much for a pack that performs the exact same on the track as other name-brand companies.
cdkm jr is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.