R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-01-2010, 02:44 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Default BY ENERGY lipo batts...good?

Anybody has use BY ENERGY lipo batts before? How does it compare to like IP batts? Its pricing is very attractive. I just want to know before I order it.

HERE'S THE LINK for the pic

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
Anybody has use BY ENERGY lipo batts before? How does it compare to like IP batts? Its pricing is very attractive. I just want to know before I order it.

HERE'S THE LINK for the pic

Thanks.
Buy it, then let us know. LOL. Kidding aside for that price I would get one. Just waiting for my batts to lose it' power before I buy another, and for sure this batt is going to be on my to buy list. Heck it's better to buy this than a used one.
Goodluck.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

Hi,

I'm struggling with the same question: are these lipo's any good for racing purposes?

Anyone tried it yet?

Thanks!
Koen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Same here

I too was wondering about these batteries basd on their price alone. Has anyone since tried them or know the Burst Rate of these? There is also nothing mentioned as to if they come with the charge leads and balance plug. Just looking for a little info if anyone has purchased some of these packs or any of their other packs previously. Thanks
Old 04-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
Tech Master

At least BY is the winner of F1 class of last TITC.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

I have run other no lable batteries from Hong Kong and they run very well , keeping up with lots of namebrands. The only thing is they are not R.O.A.R. approved..........
Old 04-10-2010, 06:55 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdkm jr View Post
I too was wondering about these batteries basd on their price alone. Has anyone since tried them or know the Burst Rate of these? There is also nothing mentioned as to if they come with the charge leads and balance plug. Just looking for a little info if anyone has purchased some of these packs or any of their other packs previously. Thanks
The batts come with no leads, for balancing its the same as the other direct connection batts (the port is in the middle between the main 4mm connector). The one I tried is 5400mAh 45C the hard casing is translucent (smoke colour) you can see the cells inside. Performance wise its on par with IP 5000mAh 40C.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotmachine View Post
I have run other no lable batteries from Hong Kong and they run very well , keeping up with lots of namebrands. The only thing is they are not R.O.A.R. approved..........
I know how you feel with the ROAR process. Thankfully, all the tracks we race at do not require you to pay 2x/3x the price for a silly little lable. No reason to pay the extra money when you can buy a "No Lable" pack and compete. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
The batts come with no leads, for balancing its the same as the other direct connection batts (the port is in the middle between the main 4mm connector). The one I tried is 5400mAh 45C the hard casing is translucent (smoke colour) you can see the cells inside. Performance wise its on par with IP 5000mAh 40C.
Thanks for the info. I will most likly be ordering a few of these packs for our outdoor season coming up. I cant justify paying 3x as much for a pack that performs the exact same on the track as other name-brand companies.