R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   A210SS vs Xpress vs Genetic vs Atomic.. which would you recommend? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/366306-a210ss-vs-xpress-vs-genetic-vs-atomic-would-you-recommend.html)

buylla 01-31-2010 10:21 PM

A210SS vs Xpress vs Genetic vs Atomic.. which would you recommend?

Hello!

I want to enter he Mini 4wd racing. But there are so many chasis out there. Which would you recommend? I'm looking to the Active Hobby A210SS.. it looks very very nice! but I want to know what does the experts recommend and all the comments you have..:weird:

Thanks!

mac853 01-31-2010 10:52 PM

Not sure which 4 of them are best, in fact i never ran 4WD M cars before.
From my experience of Xpress, i could recommend to forget it, due their outdated design and bad quality of the plastic.

Why don't you think about the Fujin 211GO?

thefnshow 02-01-2010 12:13 AM

i have the xpress mini roadrunner 2 and the fujin 211 go...the fujin would be the way to go...overall a nicer car,comes with a spool in the frontstabilizer bars front and rear right off the bat, and you can share some parts with the tamiya 416..the fujin is a shrunken down 416...has same final drive ratio too

zangonli 02-01-2010 03:14 PM

There has been limited prior discussions on this before - try a210ss as the search term.

I have run both the a210ss and the genetic - the genetic is an easier drive, good setup out of the box, while the a210ss was for me more difficult to set up right and was inconsistent, but had sharper handling whenever it was working correctly. The a210ss costs a little more. Both cars are pretty sturdy and relatively easy to work on and can be put together without much fuss, though I had a bit more trouble building the dampers of the a210ss. At the time, oh a year or so ago, I could get parts for both readily from rcmarket in HK. Don't know about the Express or the Atomic.

hanulec 02-02-2010 03:57 AM

I don't have any experience with anything but the atomic car. one thing that is nice about that car is it can use Xray T2'008/009/T3 diff, spool and one ways. Most shops don't have parts for this class of car... but they do have Xray parts.

we just ran this past week at Snowbirds, and I had a guest driver for a round (Adam Bailey). he broke the rear diff - either in the pits or on the track. if the drive train parts had been special the car wouldn't of run again the rest of the week. thankfully I could throw an old Xray diff in and keep racing.

mac853 02-02-2010 06:23 AM

If is the matter to find parts, all Mini 4WD are the hardest to find.
That's why the champs. of our town had defuncted.

The biggest problem are the parts which is easy to break due the wear then is unreplaceable with the other makes, ex: belts.
Which had happened with a Mini conversion kit of TA05 of TN racing of someone of us.

But i believe 3racing's Fujin could be more avoidable with these problems, not just because it is copied from 416, i trust 3racing could supply all the spare parts, don't forget it is a well known option parts manuf. which its kind has selling in LHS of anywhere.