Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-S Tips and Talk for Stock Classes

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 04:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by microed
I am running my xxx-s in VTA and I am having a problem with the front HPI VTA wheels rubbing on the lower shock ends. Had to dial out a bunch of steering that I would like to have back in order to prevent the problem. Anyone else have this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

Wider front wheel hex or add a hex spacer to move the wheels out more and more toe-out or less toe-in at the front wheels.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Wider front wheel hex or add a hex spacer to move the wheels out more and more toe-out or less toe-in at the front wheels.
Thanks for the ideas. I thought about wider hexes, but I will need a wider body to try that. I am running the J-71 right now and if the front wheels were set out any wider they would rub the body.

I might try adding a little tow out. That would be the easiest thing to try.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Over the last few weeks I've been prepping my 14 year old XXX-S for VTA. Actually, my first race is tonight. Tight, high traction carpet track, silver can motors (for now).

For the last few weeks I've been scouring ebay trying to build up a load of parts. Some things that I would still like to find are of course the MF spur adapter (l lost out on an ebay one just a couple days ago ), some blue springs, and a graphite chassis would be nice. I'd also like to have a couple extra sets of diff rings and diff balls.

I've essentially already spent more than enough for a brand new chassis, but I like this car and want to run it. If anyone has a load of stuff they aren't using anymore I'd be interested in buying it.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GhostTown
Over the last few weeks I've been prepping my 14 year old XXX-S for VTA. Actually, my first race is tonight. Tight, high traction carpet track, silver can motors (for now).

For the last few weeks I've been scouring ebay trying to build up a load of parts. Some things that I would still like to find are of course the MF spur adapter (l lost out on an ebay one just a couple days ago ), some blue springs, and a graphite chassis would be nice. I'd also like to have a couple extra sets of diff rings and diff balls.

I've essentially already spent more than enough for a brand new chassis, but I like this car and want to run it. If anyone has a load of stuff they aren't using anymore I'd be interested in buying it.
Check out the XXX-S tips and trick thread http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post13826331

I'm just about to do a batch of spur adapters and some various other carbon parts
Old 02-09-2015, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

So your the GUY who keep upping the $$$$$$ for the adapter!!!!!!

KIDDING seen the $$$ for that and it was outside what I was willing to pay.

Hope you do good tonight!!
Old 02-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmail55
So your the GUY who keep upping the $$$$$$ for the adapter!!!!!!

KIDDING seen the $$$ for that and it was outside what I was willing to pay.

Hope you do good tonight!!
Hmmm... I just sold my NIP MF adapter on Ebay a few days ago

Of course, it was only to make way for the SD delrin goodness !
Old 02-11-2015, 07:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

The adaptor went for $41. I would have paid $50 but I stepped away from the computer for too long and missed out.

I got my ass handed to me. I drove well. Thought the car handled adequately for trying to set it up with no way to accurately measure right height and droop. I need a set up board of some sort here soon.

My only real obvious problem was speed. I'm running a silver can spec class with 1800 nicads. It was my first time charging the packs and I think they were down on power. Hoping that will cure after a few cycles. I was a touch over a second per lap off the pace.

My lines were a bit rusty, but over all I was smooth, hitting my apexes 85% of the time, and staying off the barriers completely. I just couldn't keep up. Silver can class.... and I was getting freight trained down the straight.

I obviously have work to do. Racing again tonight.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fathead
Check out the XXX-S tips and trick thread http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post13826331

I'm just about to do a batch of spur adapters and some various other carbon parts
I've been keeping my eye on your progress.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey guys,
So what setup is everyone using for VTA on carpet for the xxx-s? I have been reading the threads but most posts are old.

Thanks
Old 02-11-2015, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default XXXS gear adapter

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Hmmm... I just sold my NIP MF adapter on Ebay a few days ago

Of course, it was only to make way for the SD delrin goodness !
Could someone post a photo of this "gear adapter" so I know what I'm looking for? Thanks
Old 02-12-2015, 08:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cancun Tom
Could someone post a photo of this "gear adapter" so I know what I'm looking for? Thanks
No. Because if another one comes up for sale I don't need the competition.
Just google "Losi XXX-S Spur Gear Adapter TMF1117". You'll see it.

Originally Posted by mthomas
Hey guys,
So what setup is everyone using for VTA on carpet for the xxx-s? I have been reading the threads but most posts are old.

Thanks
I know what you mean about the posts being old. That said, there is still good content in them. Seems like the dialogue really fell off quickly though.

I just started racing after a 14 year break. I never got rid of my stuff so I decided to dust off my original xxx-s and get my feet wet in the local VTA class. Last night was my second run, and it went well. Much better than the first night.

I finally found my old manual and went through the car and focused on getting it's ride height, droop, toe, camber, etc. dialed in close to what the manual recommends. I was way off on a few things and found a lot more speed. I still have work to do though.

Love the car. Even with the settings way out of whack it handled well. Now that my settings are more even right to left and front to back it's really hanging in there.

I need to buy a set-up board with all of the tools.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default TMF1117

No. Because if another one comes up for sale I don't need the competition.
Just google "Losi XXX-S Spur Gear Adapter TMF1117". You'll see it.

I know what you mean about the posts being old. That said, there is still good content in them. Seems like the dialogue really fell off quickly though.

I just started racing after a 14 year break. I never got rid of my stuff so I decided to dust off my original xxx-s and get my feet wet in the local VTA class. Last night was my second run, and it went well. Much better than the first night.

I finally found my old manual and went through the car and focused on getting it's ride height, droop, toe, camber, etc. dialed in close to what the manual recommends. I was way off on a few things and found a lot more speed. I still have work to do though.

Love the car. Even with the settings way out of whack it handled well. Now that my settings are more even right to left and front to back it's really hanging in there.

I need to buy a set-up board with all of the tools.
I live in Cancun, Mexico, the land of no hobby shops and ultra high shipping rates.😓 I happen to have a box of XXX-S parts and 3 complete cars and a spare chassis. I only wanted to look thru my box of spares to see if I had one to help you guys out with it!😜 Would have helped to see what I was looking for. But thanks for the part number.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

I live in Cancun, Mexico, the land of no hobby shops and ultra high shipping rates.😓 I happen to have a box of XXX-S parts and 3 complete cars and a spare chassis. I only wanted to look thru my box of spares to see if I had one to help you guys out with it!😜 Would have helped to see what I was looking for. But thanks for the part number.
I'm pretty sure he was just messing with you... but on another note, a Google Images search is all you need to do... no "right or wrong" way to do it.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

lLove the car. Even with the settings way out of whack it handled well. Now that my settings are more even right to left and front to back it's really hanging in there.
I think it's a big part of the reason so many of us hold onto them... VTA has taken off and this car is just easy to drive and live with. I think it fits the spirit of the class too, when I see a 900+ dollar car like an Awesomatix get dropped down I'm like

Long live the Triple XS
Old 02-15-2015, 09:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

I was only teasing. I apologize as I didn't understand your intent.

I did much better Wednesday night, and had a great practice session Friday. I need to find some on power steering. I'm forced to lay off the throttle more than I should to find the right amount of grip up front, especially through the mid field.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.