R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #256
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default New XXX-S guy

I just scored a XXX-S RTR roller I want to setup for VTA. My LHS has a ton of parts for this and was considering converting to graphite. Otherwise I'll get the old stiffezell plastics. I'm an off road guy that last ran on road with an RC12L in 88. I used to own a XXX-4 so this chassis is familiar to me. Just wonder if graphite or stifezell is the preferred route for plastics. Good thread here...
Old 11-07-2012, 06:04 AM   #257
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Good Morning ! I hope the X treats you well. Are you racing on asphalt or carpet ??
For carpet, go graphite. For asphalt, go plastic. There's some great setup sheets available still so look them up. If you have trouble finding them on the Losi site give a holler and I'll help you out. BTW, does that shop have belts available ?? Thats the hardest thing to find right now. Buy as many as possible and if they have a bunch let me know. I have 2 xxxs's that need them.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #258
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

I have been seeing the blue belts on Ebay lately.

I went with the HD belt upgrade set-up that is for the xxx4 /xxxs and I can run xxx4 belts on it which are still easier to find. Using mine for VTA and it's working well.

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #259
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'll be running carpet. It's an office carpet that looks similar to ozite. The track runs off road cars with wood jumps for the last two years and are looking to try an on road program on Saturdays. Thanks for the tip on graphite. I did obtain the long black belt, HD pulley an HD tension arm (losa3283). The shop has some XXX-4 yellow belts and green XXX-S belts in stock. This stock is from other hobbies shops he bought out over the last ten years in my area. I saw one belt that had some teeth fallen off in the bag. Wondering if these are brittle since they are pretty old. I'll be going down there later this week to look them over again, he has a Trinity parts bin that I haven't looked through yet. Maybe some Matt Francis stuff to be found. I did organize all the XXX-S parts in to one bin. If you guys need stuff shoot me a PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #260
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Vitale View Post
I'll be running carpet. It's an office carpet that looks similar to ozite. The track runs off road cars with wood jumps for the last two years and are looking to try an on road program on Saturdays. Thanks for the tip on graphite. I did obtain the long black belt, HD pulley an HD tension arm (losa3283). The shop has some XXX-4 yellow belts and green XXX-S belts in stock. This stock is from other hobbies shops he bought out over the last ten years in my area. I saw one belt that had some teeth fallen off in the bag. Wondering if these are brittle since they are pretty old. I'll be going down there later this week to look them over again, he has a Trinity parts bin that I haven't looked through yet. Maybe some Matt Francis stuff to be found. I did organize all the XXX-S parts in to one bin. If you guys need stuff shoot me a PM.
If you can get the MF spur adapter, you are gold . I searched forever until I was able to track down two of them NIB. Eventually the Losi specific spurs will be depleted, being able to run any spur will keep the car going. Since you are set to run xxx4 belts you should be good to go there also. Hopefully those are in supply for a long time. those are the only two areas of the car to be concerned. I have all that covered and plan to run it as a VTA machine for ever. I have bought / sold tons of cars but I always hold on to the X because you can't go wrong. It drive great, never tweeks, diffs stay cleaner longer, ect. I can't part with her .

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #261
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Good Morning ! I hope the X treats you well. Are you racing on asphalt or carpet ??
For carpet, go graphite. For asphalt, go plastic. There's some great setup sheets available still so look them up. If you have trouble finding them on the Losi site give a holler and I'll help you out. BTW, does that shop have belts available ?? Thats the hardest thing to find right now. Buy as many as possible and if they have a bunch let me know. I have 2 xxxs's that need them.
Dino, try Losi Parts House. They have them in stock.

Dave
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #262
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi Dave, Thanks much. Took a look and it does appear they have the blue belt. Tried looking for the black xxxs belt and the xxx4 yellow belt but those aren't available. Get em' while you can guy's.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #263
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MF or Dynamite Spur gear adapter on ebay

Hey
I did not know that belts were hard to get.. I have a universal spur gear adaptor on ebay right now and a new in package HD belt kit. under XXX-S and Guamo sells....

Check out the other parts I have up for auction as well..
BenG477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #264
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Arrow Looking for parts!

Keeping the thread alive!Hey guys anybody who has these cars or parts and wants some cash,just pm me!
skater-deez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #265
Tech Initiate

I'm running a XXX-S in the VTA class at my local track, I pulled my it out of the closet after sitting there for about 4 years, cleaned it up and have been running it. This thread has been helpful for me getting the car set up and working on our track. I'm getting closer and closer to my ideal setup.

This is an awesome chassis to run.
Grauwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #266
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Good news! Looks like I might have some belts soon! I bought a XXX-S to try some out because I had a hunch and it's looking very good. I anticipate having them within the month. Just thought I'd update!

Josh
Need belts or parts? I can help.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
jhwnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #267
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Good news! Looks like I might have some belts soon! I bought a XXX-S to try some out because I had a hunch and it's looking very good. I anticipate having them within the month. Just thought I'd update!

Josh
Need belts or parts? I can help.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
jhwnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #268
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhwnissan View Post

Josh
That would be cool. I let go of my very MF'd XXX-S and my collection of belts, spares, ect a few months back. Pretty much because I didn't want to be stuck with a car I couldn't keep on the track due to lack of replacement belts. If you are producing them (I assume this to be the case from your sig) that is great. I had a long love affair with the triple xs but I would probably run one again !